Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Sep 2016 at 12:46 AM
Default Hello! A Short Introduction
Hello! It's nice to see that The Sims 2 is still very much alive and well. I used to play quite a bit back in the day, although I was completely all over the place with what I was doing. I was really sad when I found out that my old CDs wouldn't work on my current setup... All sorts of graphical errors that made it impossible to do anything. I'm now on a Mac, and was absolutely thrilled when I found the Super Collection about a month ago! I've been going about doing a little bit of everything, saying that I was going to avoid custom content altogether. Only I've found there are so many little things that irk me, and my picky tastes mean that I'm really limited in what objects/styles I end up with. Long story short: I went on a downloading spree when I found this site!

But I did that horribly wrong. As in... Around 9,000 downloads with their original names, and me not even paying attention to the installation instructions. So, then I decided that it was time to REALLY do things correctly, so I deleted everything I downloaded and started over again. This is the slowest process, yet I have a really organized spreadsheet, my Downloads folder is pretty neat, every package has a name I understand, and I'm testing as many things as I can. I've only run into a couple of crashes so far, and just steer clear of those.

I tend to type way too much, but if you read anything, read this: Thank you to all of the creators! I know it will take me a really long to go through every download and find what will work for me, yet this is one lovely site and I appreciate all the work everyone has put into The Sims 2! I played the original with all of the expansions and loved it, but never tried the newer games because they really just don't feel right to me. Now I have so many things to look forward to in TS2! I'm clicking the "Thanks" button for every download I pick up and test. Hopefully not too many fall through the cracks!
Advertisement
I aim to misbehave
retired moderator
#2 Old 13th Sep 2016 at 11:45 AM
Hello! Welcome to MTS! I made the same mistake when I discovered custom content, went completely crazy I hope you have a nice stay

Check out my tutorials: For TS4: Eyelashes and for TS2: Eyes and Eyes 2
-My Insta-

Please, call me Nina (:
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Sep 2016 at 11:18 AM
Thank you very much for the warm welcome! I feel like I'm joining about 10 years too late, but I'm glad that everything has been preserved. I'm still slowly going through the Game Mods section to start with, and already I can see how much my game will be improved. Now to just control myself when it comes to picking up everything else... Ha ha! I even have a separate list of downloads to get on the very, very slim chance that the Super Collection ever gets updated to include the last two expansion packs and/or more stuff packs. I had FreeTime and Apartment Life back in the day and I've noticed things that I miss, although it's certainly not too terrible. I know that the chances of that happening are close to impossible, yet it never hurts to be ready. But I'm going on and on... Back to going through the wonderful selection of downloads around here!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 15th Sep 2016 at 10:57 AM
Welcome to the site, @Willowbee !

Nice to meet another CC addict.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 15th Sep 2016 at 11:22 AM
Thank you kindly! After several days, I'm finally nearing the end of grabbing downloads... From the Game Mods section. Ha ha! It's been really fun to find out how my game can get massively improved without even adding in new things to build and buy. Plus there are some really interesting add-ons out there that seem so simple, yet open up a whole lot of new ways to play. I'm sure I'll still be buried in the downloads section for many days to come... That's about the only downside to jumping in so late, but the up-side is that there are so many things to choose from. I look forward to possibly jumping into some conversations one day. That is, if I ever finish downloading EVERYTHING. Ha! Thanks again for the warm welcome!