Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Not a Llama
Original Poster
#126 Old 1st Aug 2005 at 8:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SuperFly
. . . teen career . . . instructions describing how you set what career level a teen progresses to when they become an adult.
As far as I am aware, this is hard coded to go to the 4th level when they grow up. Obviously this does not apply if they go to uni.

Quote: Originally posted by SuperFly
fast wayto 'enable all languages'?
The only way at the moment is to do the change all option, per field, as is in my guide.
Advertisement
#127 Old 1st Aug 2005 at 9:43 AM Last edited by Tainted Angel : 1st Aug 2005 at 9:48 AM.
Ok. installed SFM2. Works great...problem is it wont extract non ts2 files... which this is.

Can SOMEBODY please post this (with permission) as a doc or zip?
Not a Llama
Original Poster
#128 Old 1st Aug 2005 at 6:28 PM Last edited by Psion : 1st Aug 2005 at 6:33 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Tainted Angel
Ok. installed SFM2. Works great...problem is it wont extract non ts2 files... which this is.

Can SOMEBODY please post this (with permission) as a doc or zip?
Not to sound callous, but no. The rar format file is much smaller than the zip version would be, and smaller again than just a plain doc file. If I ever finish it, this will be more important than ever in the next update of this doc. Click on the link next to the file for instructions on how to download and unpack that file.

As for SFM2, this is not a TS2 file type, so is not really suitable for use with that utility.
Test Subject
#129 Old 2nd Aug 2005 at 2:33 AM
Awsome Tutorial! I've always been wanting to make a career. When i have the time im gonna make a few and maybe post them up for others to use! Thanks again!
#130 Old 7th Aug 2005 at 12:46 AM
I'm not so good with codes.
Is there a way to make careers without copying text in the game?
Field Researcher
#131 Old 11th Aug 2005 at 6:17 AM
Wow i always wanted a tutorial. Thank you so much!
Test Subject
#132 Old 17th Aug 2005 at 3:00 PM
Well it just downloaded the guide but i havent read yet i first got 1 simple question:
Does this work for Sims 2 University too???
#133 Old 22nd Aug 2005 at 8:46 PM
This is a very great tutorial and I used it side-by-side with Bidou's Career editor, and it works great so far.

A thing that I would like to know (and I don't know if this question has been asked yet, even though I read through this post) does somebody have a list with the looks of all the outfits and Vehicles that can be used. I know how to see some of them in the "Object Workshop", but I have yet to discover the rest of them.

Help much appreciated!

P.S. Sorry if I have bad Grammar!
Test Subject
#134 Old 29th Aug 2005 at 10:58 PM
PTO is Payed Time Off, not Payed Days Off lol. but means the same thing. Ur tut really helps thank u.
Test Subject
#135 Old 30th Aug 2005 at 6:19 PM
I'm trying to make a new aldult career but i can't get past step 2. Can anyone help?
Consciously Undead
retired moderator
#136 Old 30th Aug 2005 at 6:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Madguy1
I'm trying to make a new aldult career but i can't get past step 2. Can anyone help?

What seems to be the propblem?

If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate
Test Subject
#137 Old 31st Aug 2005 at 11:36 AM
i go into the objects workshop,click on thing in the top right hand corner called filter with a Magnifying glass, enter the box marked group filter, type in 0x7FC82329 click set and i dont know what to do next. Can you help me?
Consciously Undead
retired moderator
#138 Old 31st Aug 2005 at 11:50 AM
What version of SimPE are you using?
Test Subject
#139 Old 31st Aug 2005 at 11:59 AM
Version 0.46
#140 Old 31st Aug 2005 at 8:16 PM
I can tell you, you have to select the button in the left side under, "File Types" called "All Resources" or in the (Classic GUI) "-------------" then after tha use the group filter

P.S. Still no-one with the outfit/vehicle thingy?
Test Subject
#141 Old 1st Sep 2005 at 5:05 PM
Could you upload a picture if possible?
#142 Old 4th Sep 2005 at 4:45 AM
um, how do i get the tuturiol? i know that must sound pretty dumb but i dont have the 'rar' program and unfortunately i am unable to get it (im on my mums mac and there is no way in hell she'll let me download a program file of any sort!). so can u put it on a pdf or something like that? thanks a heap if u can!
Test Subject
#143 Old 6th Sep 2005 at 9:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by blaze_rusty
um, how do i get the tuturiol? i know that must sound pretty dumb but i dont have the 'rar' program and unfortunately i am unable to get it (im on my mums mac and there is no way in hell she'll let me download a program file of any sort!). so can u put it on a pdf or something like that? thanks a heap if u can!

Hm, I'm afraid you're probably out of luck on that score. Why not just explain to your mother that WinRAR is a compression utility like WinZIP and that it's free, it's available on Download.com (hosted by CNet-- "Safe, Trusted, and Spyware Free"), and that it doesn't take up much disk space? Other than that, save your nickles and dimes and pray for the day you can buy your own real computer (a PC, not a Mac).

jmk

"Of all the means which wisdom acquires to ensure happiness throughout the whole of life, by far the most important is friendship." --Epicurus of Samos
#144 Old 7th Sep 2005 at 6:11 PM
I've attached a picture of what button to press for ya!
Screenshots
Test Subject
#145 Old 11th Sep 2005 at 9:16 AM
thank you :D
Test Subject
#146 Old 13th Sep 2005 at 3:09 PM Last edited by jmk4422 : 13th Sep 2005 at 3:59 PM.
Hey Psion, any thoughts yet on how NL is going to affect this tutorial? --edit-- I just read through the many pages of this post I had missed since last visit. Seems you're working on a new version to this document! Must be very time-consuming. Good luck on that, especially if you do plan on mentioning anything that has to do with Night Life (who knows what kind of can of worms that will open?).

Quote: Originally posted by bigkiller3
Well it just downloaded the guide but i havent read yet i first got 1 simple question:
Does this work for Sims 2 University too???

Yes, it works for Uni. That's what "EP1" refers to (Expansion Pack 1). Basically you can create a career that can be used only by University (such as a graduate career), or one that's backwards compatable.

jmk
Not a Llama
Original Poster
#147 Old 15th Sep 2005 at 3:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jmk4422
Hey Psion, any thoughts yet on how NL is going to affect this tutorial? . . . you're working on a new version to this document! Must be very time-consuming.
The new version has been on hold for the last 2 months, partly due to EP2 and also due to my moving house, which I have only just done, and I am still getting the house together. In fact I have been off MTS2 for the better part of that time and only started back again 2 days ago, and am still catching up.

On top of all that, my motherboard died and I have only just got a replacement for it.

Anyways, from what I can tell, based mainly on conversations people have had with various Maxoids, the one thing unlikely to be affected by EP2 are EP1 compatible careers. A little ironic isn't it?

So based on that, there may be very little change due to EP2 at all.

I will be resuming work on the new guide version shortly.
Test Subject
#148 Old 27th Sep 2005 at 5:25 PM
I'd love to see tutorials on creating new carpools and uniforms. I know this has been brought up a few times now but I'm too eager to get it all going. Still have a beta career which I'm not even interested in finishing until I can get these two issues finalised. I'm also waiting to add a corporate car as a career reward but I gotta wait for a car recolour tutorial as well :S Lucky I'm patient eh?
Test Subject
#149 Old 16th Oct 2005 at 2:49 PM
How do you create a custom career in SimPE 0.48?
CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP ME?!
Consciously Undead
retired moderator
#150 Old 16th Oct 2005 at 3:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gck2702
How do you create a custom career in SimPE 0.48?
CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP ME?!

Have you read this document? It's a top notch guide and I have and still use it to help create my careers. If you still need help click on the last line of my signature.

If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate
Page 6 of 14