Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 3:40 AM
Default Game freeze when entering live mode after deleting NPC door
I want to document a solution to a problem that took me a while to diagnose, so that others like me that are searching these forums won't have to spend the time I did to find the solution.

The problem

If you use the testing cheats and RestrictBuildBuyInBuildings Off, and delete an NPC door in an apartment, your game will freeze when you go back into live mode.

This was documented here:

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=428717

Vorpal's response was:
Quote:
You probably deleted an NPC door without converting it a regular door. That will cause the game to hang.

This was extremely helpful to me, as it got me on the right track (identifying that it was deleting the NPC door), but I still had the problem when converting it back to a normal door and immediately deleting it.

The Solution

After experimenting, I finally figured out that you need to:
1) go to buy mode
2) ctrl-shift click the NPC door and select to unmake it a NPC door
3) go to live mode, then go to buy mode again
4) delete the door.

In the above steps, #3 is essential. You must go to live mode after changing it to a normal door, prior to deleting it or your game will still hang.

Anyway, no help is needed... I'm posting here for helping others. I would have replied to the orignal post, but it was already archived and thus didn't allow responses. I thought it was worth opening another article to document step 3 -- it would have saved me 30 minutes of grief today if someone else had done so.
Locked thread