Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Oct 2011 at 4:46 PM
Default Mod to change the time-scale?
As in running the game in 1:1 real-time? I am guessing 'not yet.'
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 5th Oct 2011 at 6:50 PM
I can't think of a reason to run it in real time. too slow. as much as I love it, this doesn't seem like the game you want to slow down, time wise.
Instructor
#3 Old 6th Oct 2011 at 3:09 AM
Does TS3 have a mod that does this? I, like DarthKitsune, find it hard to believe you would be masochistic enough to even want such a thing.

I haven't seen any code yet that controls how fast the game runs, but I haven't really looked for it. If I see some I'll let you know.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 6th Oct 2011 at 10:41 AM Last edited by ripple : 6th Oct 2011 at 10:51 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by grimreefer24601
Does TS3 have a mod that does this? I, like DarthKitsune, find it hard to believe you would be masochistic enough to even want such a thing.

I haven't seen any code yet that controls how fast the game runs, but I haven't really looked for it. If I see some I'll let you know.

Every TS game had a time-scale adjuster. TS2 had Merola's Clock and TS3 had a couple of hacks that allowed this (I think Twallan's 'Relativity mod' was one). "1:1" is just an example. Many other timescales settings were available (1 hour = 1 sim day, etc). If I recall correctly, Twalan's 'Relativity mod' allowed rate of decay for motives and needs to scale accordingly. This feature should have been in the default game to begin with. At some point, you just get tired of having to to sit and watch sims take 15 sim minutes to turn off an alarm clock or 2 sim hours to shower, and beyond the 'challenge factor' of having to cram endless activities into a comrpessed timescale, you just wanted to 'play.' Similar thing applies here in TSM.
Test Subject
#5 Old 12th Oct 2011 at 7:44 PM
As silly as it might sound, a time extending mod, like Twallan's Relativity for TS3, was the first thing I looked for before launching TSM.

I like to take it easy, and sometimes slow, in my games. Not saying I don't like it fast and furious at other times ^^

I haven't found anything that comes close what I really wanted, but this might interest you, Ripple : http://gnautylilgnomes.com/forum/index.php?topic=2351.0
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 17th Oct 2011 at 6:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ripple
As in running the game in 1:1 real-time? I am guessing 'not yet.'

Would this help with spending half a day getting to the village market? I end up doing quite a few things in triple time. Daylight flashes on and off like a strobe. Would a real time mod actually help? Because if it would I'd love to see it.

I like playing The Sims. I don't like to be played like a Sim.
Test Subject
#7 Old 28th Oct 2011 at 2:59 PM
Default Yeah that would be awesome
If there's a mod like that out i'd love to know. Thank you.