Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th May 2018 at 1:34 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Saving Borked Lot with Numerous Problems
I've batboxed off-world, in-world, but I don't know what else to do at this point. Important lot and family has apparently gotten borked.

All of a sudden, I was notifed about what a stranger Sim was doing at work, chance card. Sim doesn't live there, I don't even recognize her. Later she comes "home" from work. Not selectable, no apparent reason for her to be there. I force-error-off-worlded her with bat box.

Around the same time, but not caused by that, I start getting floating infants, they get stuck to a sim and float along with them, rather than being held. After a bit, they pop back to position.

A sim went to unlock the door with the big red minus sign and carried the sign around with him for quite a while before it disappeared as he went to change the infant he was also carrying.

One sim couldn't go to bed, it just kept dropping out of queue.

Another sim couldn't go to bed and I got two flickering/overlapping beds in the queue that seemed stuck. I finally sent him to a tent.

Sims are complaining about obstacles that only they can see where there were no obstacles before.

I didn't do any of the obvious bad stuff, no deleting sims or graves. I ran Hoodchecker - found some but nothing really extraordinary.

I have done a lot of fairly quick trips to a community lot as I've been testing a build. I find that sometimes confuses the game, but what steps would you take to try to save a family/lot becoming this messed up?
There is a backup but I'm not sure how far back I'd have to go. I haven't played this lot in while so not sure when it borked.
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 17th May 2018 at 1:37 AM
You might have to abandon the lot and move the family out. That will reset a lot of stuff when you move them into a new lot.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Alchemist
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th May 2018 at 1:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
You might have to abandon the lot and move the family out. That will reset a lot of stuff when you move them into a new lot.

I can live with that if you think they'd be ok.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#4 Old 17th May 2018 at 2:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
I can live with that if you think they'd be ok.

No idea tbh - sounds most strange. Moving them out is a strategy of last resort though.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc