Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#26 Old 27th Sep 2017 at 4:09 AM
I read somewhere that to make a proper clone it is not enough to just extract the sim from the game with Simpe. I must then use clone that sim in Bodyshop to make a sim that will not cause problems. What I have noticed is that the Bodyshop clones don't have even half the data that the extracted sims do. One of those files is over 1Gb and most of them are over 500mb. The Bodyshop clones are all less then 200 mb. What can they have that is missing in the extracted Sims?

I have been trying to recollect all the hair, eyes, clothing, etc. that I had when I first created the hood but some of the sims are showing up in Bodyshop with default hair and/or clothing. One adult female showed up with black default hair when she should have blond custom hair. And I could NOT change it. What should I do with her? Can I clone her with the black hair then change it in CAS? It bothers me that the hair selector shows NOTHING. No choices at all, not even Maxis choices.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#27 Old 27th Sep 2017 at 5:39 AM
Yes, that's why I said clone them, that's the copy of the sim you make in body shop. Extract and clone. Yes they have less data because they are clean while extracted sims come with all kinds of rubbish that will quickly render them buggy. You can change anything in simpe. Not sure what is happening with nos electable hairs though, I would guess because she had on some CC when you extracted her.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
Original Poster
#28 Old 27th Sep 2017 at 5:41 PM
All but one of the sims I already extracted are dead in game. They are the founders and my game was down to generation 6. She is definitely supposed to have custom hair. I checked her data in SimPE and her hair had that long string of numbers instead of 003+. I extracted her pic from her character file. to see if I recognized the hair. It's a simple updo with a bun on the crown with a single flower nestled next to it. I thought I had scoured all my storage folders for hairs but it must be lost.

I noticed with one of the men his hair appeared to be Maxis combback but BS indicated that it was custom. I scrolled to the hair in the custom bin. It is supposed to be Distinguished Brown from Mermaid Cove. Lovely silver streaks on the sides. But the silver did not show up. Same for the black, blond and red next to it. I put him back in the Maxis hair since that's what he had as an adult at the beginning.

I've downloaded a lot more Victorian clothing and furniture. I had very little to use when I started the game and not really accurate clothing. I decided since I'm starting from the beginning again I could make it more true to the times. Guess I will go take another crack at Bodyshop.
Instructor
Original Poster
#29 Old 28th Sep 2017 at 10:43 PM
How do I clean the old lots with Simpe? I assume that I first have to move the unoccupied lots to the Lot Bin, then open the package files with Simpe. But what do I look for and remove?

I tried to make a new thread for this question but kept getting a 403 error, telling me I wasn't signed in.
Page 2 of 2