Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Apr 2015 at 12:26 PM
Default A Post-Apopalyptic Motel (Residential)
Lots of CC here, I'm still writing up the list and inside isn't finished yet... Anyway I've been working on this on and off for a month now and I'm not sure if I like it. I don't know why, so I've decided to put it up here to see if anyone likes it or to see if it's even worth finishing and uploading.

(I was thinking about adding borded up windows next to the doors. Metal bars or wood planks?)

(What I'm thinking of for the rooms, different wallpaper will probably be used because they're store content and I can't find them...)

"Fear is only in our minds. But it takes over all the time."
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 5th Apr 2015 at 3:48 PM Last edited by Tigerdyhr : 6th Apr 2015 at 1:23 PM.
I think it has lots of potential

So...
Exterior: I really like the area in the back, with things having turned to junkpiles. But perhaps they should be smaller piles?
I *love* the paint on the parking lot - I think it looks awesome! However, I'm not a fan of the green spiky grass thingies. Perhaps try to remove them and just leave the other one? I don't even think there has to be more - let the cracked asphalt show, I think it might work

I'm not really a fan of the doors - and yes, I think there should be windows. Aren't there some shuttered ones in game? (Seriously, I need to start playing some more, I keep forgetting stuff).

I'm wondering if the fence should perhaps match the main building better? (The stone one - the metal seems fine to me.)

Interior:
Generally, I like the rooms - but I don't know if they look quite worn enough. Could there perhaps be some dust/rubble from WA in the debug, that you might place? Perhaps throw in a loose carpet in an "off" location or something? I like the dead plants - nice touch

I do hope you'll continue - I look forward to it
Instructor
#3 Old 5th Apr 2015 at 3:58 PM
Since you say you are already using CC, might I suggest you check out Cyclonesue @ TSR? Particularly the Broken Wall Window Set, but really dig through their stuff. They have a lot of stuff that would be appropriate for post apocalyptic settings. I think they have broken/boarded windows that might be useful.
Scholar
#4 Old 6th Apr 2015 at 2:22 PM
I must say I like what you've done so far. I agree that you should consider changing the doors and definitely add a window for each of the bedrooms. As for the plants, I'd maybe swap the greener ones for some more brambles, and maybe put a bit more dirt terrain paint underneath the denser areas.
Overall, I really like what you've done, it reminds me of the motel in the third Resident Evil movie, minus the flesh-hungry crows...