Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Dec 2018 at 9:00 PM Last edited by emybaby : 30th Dec 2018 at 5:52 AM.
Default Script mods are listed but not working...
I just got a new laptop for Christmas and I wanted to download some cc and script mods since I love playing with them. I started with some cc hairstyles. Maxis match to be exact. Every single one worked. Next I figured I'd download a few mods. Most are from LittleMsSam. The rest were from this site and I also downloaded MCCC. I booted up my game after downloading them and first they didn't show up. A simple enabling script mods did the trick. I go into a game and all of them are listed on the script mods list when pulling up the mods list in game. I'm like "Perfect! Working just as planned". But what I didn't realize was that even though the mods showed up, none of them worked. My first instinct was to take out everything including cc and put in one mod. No luck. I did that for every single mod but nothing happened. I checked the sites to make sure they were up to date and sure enough they were. Help me! I've never had this problem before!
Things I tried:
  • Deleting the mods folder and booting up the game to make a new one
  • Checking the creators' sites for updates
  • Checking my game for updates
  • Checking all forums
  • Making sure mods were enabled and settings were correct
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 29th Dec 2018 at 9:25 PM
Script mods shouldn't be installed deeper than 1 subfolder in the mods folder
have you installed them deeper than that?

/Mods/subfolder/ << fine
/Mods/subfolder/second-subfolder << won't work for script mods, as the game can't read it

also, make sure you installed all of the necessary files for the mods to work
some mods have both a package and a script file, and you need both

and some mods have more than 1 version and you should only install 1 package file (and the script if there is any)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Dec 2018 at 10:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Keren
Script mods shouldn't be installed deeper than 1 subfolder in the mods folder
have you installed them deeper than that?

/Mods/subfolder/ << fine
/Mods/subfolder/second-subfolder << won't work for script mods, as the game can't read it

also, make sure you installed all of the necessary files for the mods to work
some mods have both a package and a script file, and you need both

and some mods have more than 1 version and you should only install 1 package file (and the script if there is any)

They are all only one folder deep. I checked the creators' sites and it seems that all of the mods are properly installed.
Scholar
#4 Old 29th Dec 2018 at 11:31 PM
a. can you add a printscreen of one of the mods location (include the top part with the path)?
b. can you open your Sims 4 Documents folder (Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4) while your game is closed
Open the 'Options.ini' file (in Notepad)
and check if you have those parameters like that:
modsdisabled = 0
scriptmodsenabled = 1

If everything should indeed work, I would suggest trying to get help in MCCC discord channel / general support
as they have a pretty big support team and they help people on a regular basis..
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 30th Dec 2018 at 5:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Keren
a. can you add a printscreen of one of the mods location (include the top part with the path)?
b. can you open your Sims 4 Documents folder (Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4) while your game is closed
Open the 'Options.ini' file (in Notepad)
and check if you have those parameters like that:
modsdisabled = 0
scriptmodsenabled = 1

If everything should indeed work, I would suggest trying to get help in MCCC discord channel / general support
as they have a pretty big support team and they help people on a regular basis..

^Screenshots^
When opening the options file, it says script mods are enabled
Scholar
#6 Old 30th Dec 2018 at 9:32 AM
Have you extracted the files from within the zip files?
it doesn't seem like you did, and you must do that for those to work..

you can download WinRAR from here:
https://www.win-rar.com/start.html?&L=0
it's a free extracting tool..

(it used to be in the past that script mods should have been left zipped, but it changed long long time ago, now you must extract them)

also, delete all of those LastException files in your main Sims 4 folder, they are old and you don't need them
and the Localthumbcache file should be deleted too before each time you are launching the game

note: never touch your Sims 4 folder while the game is running, close it first.
Scholar
#7 Old 30th Dec 2018 at 9:42 AM
And just so it would be easier for you to see which files those are, go into the View menu and check File name extensions

if it's a Zip/Rar it must be extracted
you must have only .package files and TS4Script files in your folder
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 30th Dec 2018 at 7:07 PM
Sighhh
... Wow. I feel stupid now . Just unzipping the files worked. The last time I downloaded mods was quite a long time ago. I didn't recall having to unzip the files. Thank you so much though
Scholar
#9 Old 30th Dec 2018 at 7:31 PM
It's okay. long long time ago you indeed had to keep those zipped, but time change and all..
I'm glad it works for you

LittleMsSam is an amazing creator, BTW, so I'm glad for you that you've found her.. :D