Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Jul 2017 at 2:35 AM
Default WCIF: Toddlers appear in "invite household"?
Sometimes I'd like toddlers to be able to visit their relatives and it's a little immersion-breaking for them to always have to be teleported over with the cat. So I'm looking for an option for them to just be included in the list of Sims when inviting a household over.

I'm not too picky on this - I don't really care if they crawl onto the lot or if it conflicts with my other household invitation hack (it lets me invite the entire family, just not 6-7 of them). Does it even exist out there somewhere?

Thanks in advance.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 18th Jul 2017 at 1:36 PM
I find this annoying too. Maxis had an odd idea of how a family should function. Females are excluding from certain things just because they're pregnant, children can't go play with friends at a park, or leave early when their family is invited to another household. So they can go home alone because of the time, yet can't stay with the adults when away from home. Toddlers go no where with the family, can't go up or down stairs and eat mushy baby food until they age up. Luckily for us there is a community of 'fixers' who have helped our poor sims to be more 'normal', whatever that means. The invite family over is usually neglected in my game because it doesn't seem right to exclude some of them or have others with a deadline to leave before they even get a chance to have dinner at gramma's house. Tsk tsk at you Maxis! (:

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 18th Jul 2017 at 4:57 PM
I would love this as well. I always found it kind of sad that toddlers and grandparents never got to spend any time together. Even if Mom invited the grandparents over, the toddler's interaction with their grandparents is limited -- unless I take control of the visiting grands.

And like Duine, I think it's very odd that children go home alone because it is late. Though I do think I saw a mod to fix that one.

I'd also like to see something that allows playables to do the Nanny chores. In real life, it's often Grandma who watches the little ones while Mom is at work.

So many things to learn; so few brain cells to process the info needed to learn things!
Shipwreck Island
Theorist
#4 Old 18th Jul 2017 at 5:45 PM
I think I used that mod and kids still left, but I'll have to check it out since I'm redoing folders anyway. The kids can go to a community lot alone or with a friend now with a mod, so can toddlers who need an adult to take them. This leaving early for kids is also odd because they don't leave if at a community lot with their family, even if they stay there for days. (:

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th Jul 2017 at 5:55 PM
@SIMelissa - you wouldn't happen to know the name of the mod that fixes the children going home early? I tried one, but it didn't work.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Forum Resident
#6 Old 18th Jul 2017 at 8:51 PM
@ihatemandatoryregister, I have not used any stay late mods. This is one that I saw, by Squinge: http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...7817#msg1457817

There is also this one by BoilingOil, but I'm not sure if it's what we want it to do: http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/thread-2316.html
It says, "Playable children who have NOT been invited to sleep over, will be picked up by their parents as usual. If the parent(s) came *with* the children, the whole family leaves, unless they've all been invited to stay."
Does this mean children can spend the night? (I did not know kids could do sleepovers. Not sure if it's this mod that does it or something else.)
Does it mean the parents go home early with the children? (I'm think this is what it means.)
Or do they stay late until the parents leave?

So many things to learn; so few brain cells to process the info needed to learn things!
Shipwreck Island
Inventor
#7 Old 21st Feb 2022 at 8:39 PM
Are there any mods nowadays that let parents bring their toddlers when invited to a household?