Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Jul 2017 at 3:40 AM
Default What premade Sims have you changed the aspirations of?
Question's in the title. "Or added a secondary aspiration to" probably wouldn't fit. Also, what kind of rules do you have for changing or adding aspirations?

I remember changing a few in Black Mesa and Hazelton -- I think some of the premade Uni sims when their chance to rolled around -- but I couldn't remember. Although I haven't changed any in Oakbrook, I've added a few secondaries. Mortimer Goth and Herb Oldie both got a secondary of Family. I'm planning to give Peter Ottomas a secondary of Family next time round.

As for rules, anyone can change their aspiration with the giant machine. Secondary aspirations are limited to either those with a uni degree or those I deem to have enough "life experience" (what that actually means, I'm not entirely sure).

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 14th Jul 2017 at 4:08 AM
Pleasantview secondaries:
Knowledge: Don, Casandra
Family: Nina, Darren
Romance: Mortimer (I have a historical hood, and it's so he'll fit with Bella, who's Romance/Knowledge)
Pleasure: Dina
Fortune: Daniel
Scholar
#3 Old 14th Jul 2017 at 4:46 AM
There are probably others that I don't recall just now, but these come to mind:
- I always change Ripp Grunt from Romance to Popularity, because he's really too nice to love 'em and leave 'em. Same goes for Ricky Cormier.
- I changed Nervous Subject to Knowledge last time I played him, because I realized his personality is actually a lot like his mother's.
- Ginny Newson of Sheffield is a Pleasure aspiration, because she just doesn't meet my requirements for Family.

I choose aspirations based on personality, and if I feel the Maxis-given aspiration is too far wide of the mark, I change it. Secondary aspirations are sometimes based on personality, if I feel a Sim is a reasonable fit for more than one aspiration, but often I leave it until my Sims are elders, then give them Knowledge (if they don't have it already) so they can spend their elderhood meeting skilling wants.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 14th Jul 2017 at 4:56 AM Last edited by Rosawyn : 14th Jul 2017 at 5:30 AM.
I don't think I've ever changed anyone's primary aspiration, but I give secondary's all the time. The only "rules" I have for who can have a secondary aspiration are: they have a point to unlock it and I can think of something that reasonably fits. Obviously, for non-Knowledge sims, Knowledge is generally an attractive secondary aspiration, due to "Eureka," but I have to restrain myself from just giving literally everyone secondary Knowledge as that 1) feels somewhat cheaty and 2) is often a bit immersion-breaking.

I haven't played any of the regular Maxis hoods in so long, I don't remember what I gave anyone. But I'm currently playing Four Corners-Bitville (which originated from Maxis, but I'm playing the converted versions, not the actual Life Stories versions). I tried very hard to find "clues" in the sim's bios that could point to their secondary aspiration; some were much easier than others.

Don Calamari: Family
Sherman Boggle: Fortune
Kendra Boggle (Blaise): Pleasure
Samantha Hayden: Pleasure
Ashley Sinclair: Pleasure
Sasha Aires: Family
Waring Sinclair: first Romance but later changed to Pleasure in a (thus far) failed attempt to get him to roll a "get engaged" want
Johnny Cullen: Fortune
Vincent Moore: Family
Naomi Moore (Hunt): Knowledge
Bailey Fortuna: Pleasure (mostly so he could have "50 Dream Dates" as his LTW)
Fiona Fortuna: Knowledge
Madison Fortuna: Knowledge (I'll admit I am more eager to give the Knowledge secondary to teens)
Jane Harlow: Pleasure
Maximillion Oglethorpe: Fortune
Riley Harlow: spreadsheet says "none," but I'm about 95% sure it's actually Pleasure. (She's one my husband plays.)
Dylan Harlow (Kincaid): Knowledge
Keats Margison: Fortune (he and Fiona have a lot in common, really)
Jacob Margison: Knowledge (I refuse to feel guilty about this one, lol)
Adrien Rhome: Knowledge
Sara Rhome: Fortune
Mickey Smith: Family (he also has "Reach Golden Anniversary" as his LTW)
Alexa Starr: again, spreadsheet says "none," but I'm thinking it might actually be Pleasure?
Ethan Stardust: Pleasure
Mission Stardust: Pleasure
Agora Tchotchke: Knowledge (final decision here due to a chance card)
Greg Tchotchke (Chomsky): Pleasure

The only one not listed here is of course Popularity, that that's mostly because the only useful Popularity perk is only available to those with it as their primary aspiration. I suppose I should make myself select it sometimes for role-playing reasons, but...there's just so little appeal.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 14th Jul 2017 at 5:37 AM Last edited by Peni Griffin : 14th Jul 2017 at 1:16 PM.
I believe in this case "life experience" means you've decided they need a secondary.

I seldom change primary aspiration except at Junior year, and only for character reasons. Sometimes the aspiration isn't "working;" i.e. the play experience for that sim with that aspiration is suboptimal and isn't giving me a good story or character arc. Sometimes the sim has an "immature" aspiration and has matured to the point of needing a "mature" one. In both those cases, I generally preserve the original aspiration as a secondary, now that I have Freetime, and I find it works better than when I could only change primary. Heather Huffington matured from Romance to Family and decided she wanted six kids to marry off; a Romance secondary has made the six kids goal easy to achieve. (Marrying them all is another question.) Lora Wolosenko, "the Tricou girl with the hat," wasn't working as Pleasure, so I changed her to Fortune, which was better, but still not quite satisfactory. When I got Freetime and gave her a Pleasure secondary, however, she finally hit her stride.

Most of the University premades have kept their original aspirations. All the Tricous except Lora retain their Pleasure primary, but Goth Boy now has a Romance secondary and Black Tricou a Fortune one. Giving Peter Ottomas a Family secondary and Samantha a Romance one makes their lives much less hectic, but I'm inconsistent about giving Dora one. Drama Acres Dora died before I got Freetime; Widespot Dora has a Knowledge secondary, and Strangetown Dora has a Romance one.

Strangetown David Ottomas and Tank Grunt made an excellent couple, but Tank hated being Popularity and let me know in no uncertain terms that he wanted to be Knowledge, so to preserve their high chemistry and because he was such a good big brother, I changed David to Family. They still have their Popularity secondaries, and I foresee lots of family reunion parties in their future. Ripp proved to be completely fixated on Ophelia, to the point that the only autonomous flirting he ever did was with her and Zoe Zimmerman, who looks just like her, so he's Family/Romance now. I also changed Johnny to Family/Popularity because he wasn't good at Popularity at all, seeking out Tank at college and assaulting him at parties till his reputation was in peril. But Klara Vonderstein loved him anyway and with Johnny's background Family made sense. Based on their behavior, the two older Curious boys now have Family secondaries, while Lazlo has a Pleasure one.

At ALT, similarly, Max Flexor was hopeless at Popularity and got less hapless and more interesting as a Fortune sim. He's still pretty hapless, though.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Field Researcher
#6 Old 14th Jul 2017 at 6:49 AM
I have changed both Bella and Cassandra to Knowledge, largely because there are already Romance and Family sims all over the damned neighborhood. And I like the idea of the Goth's being that weird family that's always looking for ghosts and playing outdoors during thunderstorms.

I changed Dustin Broke to Knowledge in Uni because he kept rolling wants to gain skill points he didn't need and wanted to 'drink Mortimer' more often than any of the students who were getting told off for peeping with the telescope. In my game, he was also more interested in studying as a Teen than the average Fortune sim. I don't have Freetime but if I did, Dustin would probably still have Fortune secondary, for continuity if nothing else, since both his brothers seem content with Fortune.
Forum Resident
#7 Old 14th Jul 2017 at 7:07 AM
None. That's because, for the longest time, I didn't know it was something that could be changed.
Then, a few months ago, I learned how to install Jawusa's empty neighborhoods on my computer and I've not looked back. No more premades in my game.
FYI, I did recently learn how to change aspirations, character traits and hobby interests in SimPE.
Yeah, I know. I'm bit behind in the technical aspects of the game. <red faced>

So many things to learn; so few brain cells to process the info needed to learn things!
Shipwreck Island
Field Researcher
#8 Old 14th Jul 2017 at 7:43 AM
This thread just gave me an idea. The next sim in Pleasantview that has a complete aspiration failure becomes a Grilled Cheese sim. Or maybe the first sim to age to elder while not in gold or higher asp. level. I could use some laughs and Cheeseheads are so easy to keep happy. This could take awhile, though. I don't see many asp. failures.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 14th Jul 2017 at 9:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by wthrwthoutyu
I don't see many asp. failures.

Pretty sure I've seen exactly one. Some years back, I deliberately made and incompatible couple and moved them into a house in Pleasantview. I don't remember everything I did while creating them, but I do remember that I made the husband both very outgoing and very mean while making the wife both very shy and very nice (he was also very active while she was very lazy). Well...before I could even pause the game, during the whole "moving in" cinematic, the husband told his wife a dirty joke. This caused her to fall out of love with him, and since she'd feared that, she went into immediate aspiration failure and fell in a heap on the lawn. Her husband did the little "she's crazy" thing around his ear and then promptly ignored her. I was laughing so hard, because apparently I'm mean, and I still consider it one of the best things that's ever happened in my game. I wish I'd thought to make her Grilled Cheese aspiration as a result; that would have been quite fitting, I think.
Scholar
#10 Old 14th Jul 2017 at 11:00 AM
I changed Ripp to pleasure, as to me that is much more fitting for him than romance. He’s lazy, not a heartbreaker. I almost always give sims a secondary aspiration (mostly knowledge as that’s my favourite – they want to skill so much and like becoming supernaturals ) as soon as I load the family. When I don’t give them any, it means any mix won’t fit them as much as their ‘pure’ primary aspiration.

“Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
Simblr
My profile on the official forums
Mad Poster
#11 Old 14th Jul 2017 at 11:57 AM
I usually change Chloe Curious from Romance to Pleasure. It seems to fit her biography better.
Alchemist
#12 Old 14th Jul 2017 at 7:39 PM Last edited by mdsb759 : 14th Jul 2017 at 9:55 PM.
in past times playing, I would change aspiration through the testingcheatsenabled cheat. done that many times; had only base game then.
this time playing; a few times. some through the "first" Junior year dialog. and 1 sim through Nightlife's aspiration reward; 5 times.

secondary aspiration; do not yet have Free Time.

my decisions for any sim's Aspiration (primary or secondary) are based on the sim's personality.
Neat, Family; Outgoing, Popularity; Playful, Fortune; Outgoing + Playful, Romance (if equal) or Pleasure (if unequal); Active + Serious, Knowledge.
primary based on "highest" of mentioned personality combinations; secondary based on second "highest".
Mad Poster
#13 Old 14th Jul 2017 at 8:42 PM
I've only seen one Aspiration failure in the 7 years I've played Sims 2. Oberon and Titania Summerdream had born in game twins, and after they became children Oberon had two wants that the twins get into private school, and two fears that they get rejected from private school. Oberon was at work when the headmaster came, and Titania did the best she could, but the Headmaster rejected both of them. Oberon's fears about the twins being rejected hit hard and he went into complete aspiration failure when he got home from work.

That is one of the major reasons why I use TwoJeff's College Adjuster to get children/Teens into private school. They never get rejected.

I hate the Romance and Popularity Aspirations, so I always change them when I start a hood.
Forum Resident
#14 Old 14th Jul 2017 at 9:48 PM
I don't always give premades the same secondaries every time I play them; different secondary aspirations are part of how they become different characters in new iterations. The only sim I can think of that I give the same secondary each time is Peter Ottomas and he keeps getting family. It just seems to fit him as his bio has him dreaming about his kids being sports stars, he taught David toddler skills, and when I play him without a secondary most of his romance wants involve his wife.

With premade teens or young adults, I sometimes change their primary when the option comes up at university, but then I make their secondary whatever their old primary was.

For choosing secondary aspirations, I look at the sim's personality and interests, eliminate aspirations that don't fit the sim (for example, sims with little interest in money will not become fortune sims), and then I usually roll a die to choose between the remaining aspirations. Sometimes I don't bother to roll because a particular aspiration suits the sim so well I know what to pick.

For primary aspirations, aside from changes at university I don't normally change the premades. I do, however, re-roll their lifetime wants, usually after giving them a secondary aspiration. I find a lot of the lifetime wants just don't fit a sim's bio or their personality (why so many would-be criminal masterminds among the premades?). If none of the lifetime wants fit the sim, I make up my own want for the sim and when they finish it I use batbox on them to set their LTW as complete. For example, Trent Traveller gets left as knowledge, his secondary is chosen among family, pleasure, popularity, and sometimes romance, and I often make his LTW to get all the vacation mementos unless the re-rolled LTW makes sense for him in the 'hood I've placed him in.
Test Subject
#15 Old 15th Jul 2017 at 10:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by stitching
I don't always give premades the same secondaries every time I play them; different secondary aspirations are part of how they become different characters in new iterations. The only sim I can think of that I give the same secondary each time is Peter Ottomas and he keeps getting family. It just seems to fit him as his bio has him dreaming about his kids being sports stars, he taught David toddler skills, and when I play him without a secondary most of his romance wants involve his wife.

With premade teens or young adults, I sometimes change their primary when the option comes up at university, but then I make their secondary whatever their old primary was.

For choosing secondary aspirations, I look at the sim's personality and interests, eliminate aspirations that don't fit the sim (for example, sims with little interest in money will not become fortune sims), and then I usually roll a die to choose between the remaining aspirations. Sometimes I don't bother to roll because a particular aspiration suits the sim so well I know what to pick.

For primary aspirations, aside from changes at university I don't normally change the premades. I do, however, re-roll their lifetime wants, usually after giving them a secondary aspiration. I find a lot of the lifetime wants just don't fit a sim's bio or their personality (why so many would-be criminal masterminds among the premades?). If none of the lifetime wants fit the sim, I make up my own want for the sim and when they finish it I use batbox on them to set their LTW as complete. For example, Trent Traveller gets left as knowledge, his secondary is chosen among family, pleasure, popularity, and sometimes romance, and I often make his LTW to get all the vacation mementos unless the re-rolled LTW makes sense for him in the 'hood I've placed him in.
I changd the aspirations of the Teen townies that were related to the Tricou family. I found them using the college selector .They graduated and resurrected John Smith Tricou who resurrected the rest of his family :p
Test Subject
#16 Old 15th Jul 2017 at 10:27 AM
I have changed both Bella and Cassandra to Knowledge, largely because there are already Romance and Family sims all over the damned neighborhood. And I like the idea of the Goth's being that weird family that's always looking for ghosts and playing outdoors during thunderstorms.

I changed Dustin Broke to Knowledge in Uni because he kept rolling wants to gain skill points he didn't need and wanted to 'drink Mortimer' more often than any of the students who were getting told off for peeping with the telescope. In my game, he was also more interested in studying as a Teen than the average Fortune sim. I don't have Freetime but if I did, Dustin would probably still have Fortune secondary, for continuity if nothing else, since both his brothers seem content with Fortune.
How Did you get Bella? Dustin Broke is destined to be Gay in my game and married to Derek Dreamer. they will adopt kids. Lilith and Angela Pleasant are now best friends and living single in separate homes after Uni. MarySue is pregnant with her last child Her parents live with her and Daniel.Mortimer and Alexander moved to a smaller house after Cassandra married Don Lothario. Im thinking about hooking Mortimer up with an elderly female as a companion.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 15th Jul 2017 at 1:21 PM
After 11 years I saw my first aspiration failure yesterday. I put the thinking cap on a student forgetting he wasn't gold or platinum. He ended up sitting on the floor making animal noises I think, The psychiatrist arrived (never seen him before) and waved a lollypop around to get him back to normal... odd but funny. His room mate couldn't see the psychiatrist and ignored the whole thing.
I change the money sims to knowledge because the wants are just silly, Loki's' wife drove me mad wanting pointless stereos and games, she doesn't even like games or people for that matter, so now she wants to learn stuff. Much less wear and tear on my temper :-)

There is no Planet B
Forum Resident
#18 Old 28th Jul 2017 at 2:18 PM
I changed (or planned to change; can't remember if I got that far) Angela Smyth (Angela Pleasant) to Family from popularity, because that fits her shy, motherly personality she developed from being traumatized in high school and later becoming meek housewife better than Popularity.
Field Researcher
#19 Old 28th Jul 2017 at 6:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bangelnuts
How Did you get Bella? Dustin Broke is destined to be Gay in my game and married to Derek Dreamer. they will adopt kids. Lilith and Angela Pleasant are now best friends and living single in separate homes after Uni. MarySue is pregnant with her last child Her parents live with her and Daniel.Mortimer and Alexander moved to a smaller house after Cassandra married Don Lothario. Im thinking about hooking Mortimer up with an elderly female as a companion.

Bella is a townie in Pleasantview. When I first started this Pleasantview, I was playing almost exclusively my playable Moriah Downer, who had a poverty start - she had nothing at home, so she spent a lot of time on comm lots, eating, showering and doing some skilling. The pre-mades and townies, of course, came and went as they pleased while Moriah was on comm lots and Bella and Mortimer met autonomously by chance, got flirty, had at least one public woohoo in the photobooth and by the time I got around to actually playing the Goth household they were already in love again. So I figured eh, why not and moved Bella in.

Dustin is straight in my game, but Beau broke is gay and engaged to David Ottomas.
Theorist
#21 Old 28th Jul 2017 at 7:50 PM
I usually give Cassandra a secondary Knowledge aspiration.

The Cliente Sisters are secondary Pleasure Sims.

And Dustin Broke becomes a Family Sim.
Alchemist
#22 Old 28th Jul 2017 at 8:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kaiko Espurr Mikkusu
I did'nt use secondary aspirations, instead, I got all five primary aspiration "powers"\traits for each sim.
from my understanding, there are only 4 benefits/powers/traits/etc for each aspiration in shipped version.
Mad Poster
#23 Old 29th Jul 2017 at 4:23 AM
Never changed a premade's aspiration. They get what they're shipped with. XD
Mad Poster
#24 Old 29th Jul 2017 at 6:04 AM
I've changed them before-Daniel Pleasant is not naturally a Romance pixel-he's knowledge or fortune naturally. Don Lothario, despite his name, is not one either-I've changed him to a Fortune aspiration as well.

Angela Pleasant, I agree, is not a popularity aspiration, naturally. She's more like a family one, with possibly knowledge as a secondary. Her sister though, is a fortune with a knowledge secondary because she likes money and power, all in equal and vast amounts.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Test Subject
#25 Old 30th Jul 2017 at 5:22 AM
Bella is a townie in Pleasantview. When I first started this Pleasantview, I was playing almost exclusively my playable Moriah Downer, who had a poverty start - she had nothing at home, so she spent a lot of time on comm lots, eating, showering and doing some skilling. The pre-mades and townies, of course, came and went as they pleased while Moriah was on comm lots and Bella and Mortimer met autonomously by chance, got flirty, had at least one public woohoo in the photobooth and by the time I got around to actually playing the Goth household they were already in love again. So I figured eh, why not and moved Bella in.

Dustin is straight in my game, but Beau broke is gay and engaged to David Ottomas.
Dustin and Dirk went to Uni together and I changed Dustin from fortune to Knowledge.it fit him better but as soon as I did that he started flirting with Dirk autonomously. So he and Dirk got engaged .Graduated and got "married" they adopted a little girl from the adoption agency.She is really cute . Dirk and Dustin are absolutely great parents. Best in the neighborhood. Lilith and Angela remain friends with Dirk and Dustin. which is great because they have become like devoted Aunts to Dirk and Dustin's daughter.Hopefully Bella will show up for me.Mortimer is decidedly single. Nina and Dina have married and had children.Nina had Twins .Dina has one child
Page 1 of 2