Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Jun 2019 at 7:52 PM
Zerbu's Mods
I'm having a problem with Zerbu's mods since the update, but no one else seems to having any problems.
None of Zerbu's lots are showing the venues. They have nothing over them, as though they are empty residential lots.

What you were doing before the problem occurred: The problem occurred after updating to 1.52
Exactly what is happening: Zerbu Venues are not displaying properly, and cannot be used.
If you are getting an error: No exceptions or errors are being logged.
Pictures if Possible: Not necessary since the lots are not displaying the venues.
How often the problem happens: Always
Things I have tried:
#1. I always start Origin and Sims 4 as Admin. First, I put the entire Sims 4 folder on the desktop, to let it create a new one after loading the game.
#2. Re-enabled the script mods. Exited game.
#3. Dragged my Resource.cfg file to the mods folder, after deleting the one made by the game.
#4. Downloaded and installed the new updated "Venue Changes", "Turbo Careers", and "Go To School" to the Mods folder today. I left all other mods and CC on the desktop. Only Zerbu's mods are in the Mods folder.
#5. Deleted the Saves folder, and the Tray folder. Then dragged my Saves, and Tray to the Sims4 folder to replace the deleted ones made by the game.
#6. Deleted the "localthumbcache.package" and "spotlight_en-us.package".
#7. Repaired the game.
#8. Loaded the game but it still isn't showing the Zerbu Venues!
#9. Put the Saves folder back on the desktop. Deleted the "localthumbcache.package" and "spotlight_en-us.package" again. Then let the game make a new Saves folder. After all the beginning stuff I plopped down a school from my Tray folder. I made certain it was not an 'old' one. As there are still two versions to choose from, but no joy. Tried doing the same with "Turbo Career" venues. None of the are displaying properly.

I am using Windows 10, and playing through Origin. The game is updated to version 1.52. I have purchased all Sims 4 packs except for "Island Living". Which sadly I cannot afford until next month. Is it because I don't have "Island Living" yet? Could that why?

Also, I always turn off my pc when I'm done for the day. Restarting my pc has had zero effect on the game. The game updated on July 18, 2019, which was a few days ago now.

Is there is a website specifically for help with Zerbu's mods? I've never been able to find one. If there is one, I would much rather post this issue there.

If anyone else is having this issue, or knows why it's doing this, please let me know. Any help at all is appreciated. Thank you.
Advertisement
Smeg Head
#2 Old 30th Jun 2019 at 10:22 AM
Maxis did do a bit of important code redefining for a number of venue types. Not all, just less than half the venue types were given the new "Tag" to represent what they now are. But if older mods do not adhere to this important new redefining, then they will be kaput as they game will just not know what they are any longer.

It's a single line in the venue's XML coding, a new Tag implementation, that you could open the venue file with Sims4Studio and amend it yourself very quickly if a modder is too slow to make the change. But if you're not willing to do that you'll have to wait for modder to make the important Tag change.

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots