Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jun 2019 at 3:24 AM Last edited by GothyPanda : 22nd Jun 2019 at 3:36 AM.
Default Would Vampire to Burglar AI technically be possible?
I just wanna preface this by saying I do not have the Vampires GP, and I have not seen into its coding. All I know is what I've seen from let's plays and people discussing them.

That being said: Since Vampires seem to be able to break in to a Sim's house to suck blood to begin with, would it be possible to keep that ability, change the lifestate check to a trait check (specifically, Kleptomaniac), and have the code to suck blood changed to "swipe"? Given the lack of police in the game (unless you have the Extreme Violence mod, I guess), you could potentially have a "fight" option in order to get your things back. Maybe it'd be possible to export the TS2/3 burglar alarm mesh and edit it so that it would detect Sims that are on the lot but not a part of the family (when activated, of course)

Of course, I could just be entirely talking out of my ass, but this is just something that's been on my mind for the past few days.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 22nd Jun 2019 at 3:26 AM
It’s possible. They just don’t want to do it because of [excuse of choice here].

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Jun 2019 at 3:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
It’s possible. They just don’t want to do it because of [excuse of choice here].

So it would be entirely in the realm of possibility for a modder to do it? If I had the files, I'd at least try to attempt it haha.
Instructor
#4 Old 22nd Jun 2019 at 4:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GothyPanda
So it would be entirely in the realm of possibility for a modder to do it? If I had the files, I'd at least try to attempt it haha.

Im not modder by there are some things that modders have done with this game that have me in awe where I never thought that was possible so I wouldn't be surprised if it were absolutely possible.
Test Subject
#5 Old 24th Jun 2019 at 11:44 PM
At this point I would say burglars are more of a "no heavy duty modder seems to care enough" issue. The latest version of Wicked Whims includes "peepers," Sims who actually spawn on your lot and follow very specific behaviour, and ColonolNutty, the one behind CNWW and its add-ons, has mentioned this actually gave him a lead on how to implement his ideas for home invasion events, which of course aren't about "burglary." And both Sacrificial and Basemental already have code to spawn both "cops" and other "scripted" NPCs in response to a number of things. So the pieces -seem- to be all already there except for the most important: Someone who actually cares enough to delve into the code, reverse engineer how these mods do their magic, and implement their idea of burglary based on it.

And here I would link to the "Just do it" meme, but I'm way too lazy. So, you know, imagine Shia LaBeouf telling you to do it.
Instructor
#6 Old 25th Jun 2019 at 3:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by 1792118137636639
At this point I would say burglars are more of a "no heavy duty modder seems to care enough" issue. The latest version of Wicked Whims includes "peepers," Sims who actually spawn on your lot and follow very specific behaviour, and ColonolNutty, the one behind CNWW and its add-ons, has mentioned this actually gave him a lead on how to implement his ideas for home invasion events, which of course aren't about "burglary." And both Sacrificial and Basemental already have code to spawn both "cops" and other "scripted" NPCs in response to a number of things. So the pieces -seem- to be all already there except for the most important: Someone who actually cares enough to delve into the code, reverse engineer how these mods do their magic, and implement their idea of burglary based on it.

So it's like the Skyrim modding community, then?
New "adult" animations are always being created, but the much-requested quality magic and combat animations? Good luck finding those.

A fool and his money are soon parted. ~ Thomas Tusser
Mad Poster
#7 Old 25th Jun 2019 at 4:15 AM
Isn’t that always the case? If you can get a talented team together, that can work some serious magic.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Scholar
#8 Old 25th Jun 2019 at 5:27 AM
Yes? WW has a peeping tom in it now..
Instructor
#9 Old 25th Jun 2019 at 11:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
Isn’t that always the case?

It would seem so, but that doesn't make it any less depressing.

A fool and his money are soon parted. ~ Thomas Tusser
Instructor
#10 Old 25th Jun 2019 at 2:23 PM
You could give them the kleptomaniac trait. They might take something after taking blood!
Mad Poster
#11 Old 25th Jun 2019 at 3:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GothyPanda

Good question. You would think by now we had a modder interested to mod in burglars, but strangely there aren't

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Forum Resident
#12 Old 26th Jun 2019 at 5:39 PM
How strange, I've been working on a burglar mod. Actually, I've attempted this multiple times over the past few years, but there's kinda one thing that I only figured out now.

The biggest pain in actually creating the burglar is the freaking walkstyle. I believe I'm the first one to figure out how to create custom ones.

Smeg Head
#13 Old 30th Jun 2019 at 10:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmythesim
How strange, I've been working on a burglar mod. Actually, I've attempted this multiple times over the past few years, but there's kinda one thing that I only figured out now.

The biggest pain in actually creating the burglar is the freaking walkstyle. I believe I'm the first one to figure out how to create custom ones.

Terrific. Always at the forefront. Looking forward to seeing how this progresses. And is that music from in game? Felt like I was watching a scene from Fable. Even more terrific!!!

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Scholar
#14 Old 30th Jun 2019 at 12:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Dixieland
So it's like the Skyrim modding community, then?
New "adult" animations are always being created, but the much-requested quality magic and combat animations? Good luck finding those.

Low key shout out to Nexus Mods, where every featured Skyrim mod was like "Statues With Bigger Tits"

Buddy, if you include the Sims 1 burglar alert music I'll take legal action for PTSD triggering.

I'm writing a TV series, yeah. It's a cross between True Detective and Pretty Little Liars.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 30th Jun 2019 at 12:58 PM

Oh look, it's me - sneaky.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.