Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Jun 2019 at 11:52 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Not able to use oven after adding UNI mini fridge/freezer
When my Sim attempts to use the oven with no modifications, they're able to do so. It's when I try to modify the layout of the kitchen, as shown below. Suddenly they can't use the oven anymore. Even if I move the mini fridge/freezer elsewhere or remove it, they still can't use the oven. Is it because of the layout, or something else?
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 26th Jun 2019 at 12:35 PM
Did you try moving the oven elsewhere?
Forum Resident
#3 Old 26th Jun 2019 at 2:50 PM
What happens when it's a regular fridge in the place where the minifridge (and counter) is now?

*Ongoing TS2 informational projects (come on by to contribute, get info, or spectate!): (1) the SimPE Preservation Project and (2) Conflict Tracking for the 3t2 Traits Project Mods
*Need a Pescado mod? Use his hack directory: in the first post, find the link for your latest EP, then go in hacks/
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 26th Jun 2019 at 4:44 PM
I've replaced it with an ordinary fridge and now it works. That's a bit weird considering I picked the mini fridge since it's cheaper by 110 Simoleons when placed under a Krampft counter.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 26th Jun 2019 at 5:30 PM
The mini-fridge has limited options if it's the only fridge on the lot. If you want your only refrigerator to be a minifridge, you need to replace the oven with a microwave or toaster oven.

And stock the fridge with Seasons produce and fish, because the microwave and toaster oven have very low food values.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
Original Poster
#6 Old 26th Jun 2019 at 5:46 PM
Yeah I've noticed that if an oven is on the same lot as a mini fridge/freezer, it doesn't work. What gives? :S
Mad Poster
#7 Old 26th Jun 2019 at 7:14 PM
All the fridges on a lot are stocked with the same things. If a mini-fridge is the only fridge on the lot, however, it is only stocked with convenience food. if you have a microwave and a mini-fridge on the same lot, you will notice that you get options to cook foods, such as Cup-o-Ramen, which are not available from with a full refrigerator and a stove.

If, as in some dorms, there's a full fridge in the cafeteria and a mini-fridge and microwave in the student area, students can cook normal (stovetop) meals out of the mini-fridge; but only the mini-fridge has the Cup-o-Ramen type options, which can only be cooked in the microwave.

It's not a bug, it's a feature.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Inventor
#8 Old 26th Jun 2019 at 8:49 PM
If you want to use a mini fridge for regular meals, there is a modded one around. Tarla's Supa Fridge, I think? I've never used it, so I'm not sure what the price is on it.
Scholar
Original Poster
#9 Old 26th Jun 2019 at 10:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Devon Aster
If you want to use a mini fridge for regular meals, there is a modded one around. Tarla's Supa Fridge, I think? I've never used it, so I'm not sure what the price is on it.

I can't seem to find it anywhere.
Instructor
#10 Old 26th Jun 2019 at 11:22 PM
That's Targa's supafridge. I recommend to use Lord Darcy's updated one. Also honeywell made one for fit under island counter.