Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Apr 2014 at 5:01 PM
Default The Kicked Out Artist Challenge
The Kicked Out Artist Challenge

Story: As a teen you have always loved art and wanted to be a artist when you grew up, but one day at prom you had unprotected sex and got pregnant. Now still living with your parents your a young adult with a toddler. Your parents wants you to go to university and study medicine and say they take care of your child until you have a decent job and enough money to support yourselves. But you stand your ground, you want to be an artist and you tell them there's nothing they can do about. They prove you wrong and kick you and your baby out of their house, but before they do they give you the 5,000 simoleons that was suppose to be your college funds.

Start:
Make one young adult sim and one toddler (for those who want to make it harder you can make it twins/triplets)
Buy and piece of land no house
After you buy the land set family funds to 5,000
Than buy whatever you need

Your sim can pick only one of the arty type careers either painter, writer or sculptor

Goal is make your house hold worth 500,000 simoleons before your child is a young adult.

Mods are allowed but no cheats

Toddler must be potty trained, can walk, talk and lvl 3 in one of the teaching toys before he/she can be aged or you can just let the game age them up.

Child must have honor roll before he/she can age up or you can just let the game age them up.

Teen: Let the game age them up.

Your child can help you gain money but only if he/ she is doing painting or writing

Custom age settings: Toddler: 15 Child: 30 Teen: 60 Young Adult: 105

You fail if your child get taken away.
You fail if the repoman comes.
You fail if your child becomes a young adult before your house is worth 500k simoleons

Have Fun and Goodluck
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 8th Apr 2014 at 5:55 PM
I might try this, but with shorter lifespans, and over a couple generations.
Test Subject
#3 Old 19th Apr 2014 at 8:55 AM
Hi!!! I finished playing this challenge about two days ago and it was AWESOME!!! I had so much fun playing it. I did it in Moonlight Falls and kinda styled it to be Victorian era-ish style. I had a female sim and her two twins (a little girl named Rose and a boy named Jack) and built them a small hut. I struggled for most of the challenge to pay bills and whatnot but slowly built my house up. I didn't reach the 500,000 goal but managed 78,780 before my sim died of old age. I've continued playing with the family though and I will continue to do so as I love them alot. I'm sorry I didn't take any screenshots to show you (I wish I had now but what can you do?) I might do replay this but make it harder with either triplets or quadruplets and daddy instead. If I do replay it, I'll try to remember to take screenshots :D

Thanks for the awesome challenge!!!!
Test Subject
#4 Old 19th Apr 2014 at 11:40 PM
Think i might do this. Sounds fun
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 21st Apr 2014 at 3:14 AM
Doing this! Will try to show some screen shots as well! Will Deffenitly be interesting!
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 26th Apr 2014 at 7:08 PM
This is awesome! Going to give it a shot
Test Subject
#7 Old 16th May 2014 at 5:56 PM
Can we enroll the teens into after school programs to help increase the art skills? Can they also use scuplting to help earn money?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 12th Jun 2014 at 6:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by skylaxstone
Can we enroll the teens into after school programs to help increase the art skills? Can they also use scuplting to help earn money?

Sorry for the late reply but yes they can.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 12th Jun 2014 at 6:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by OrangeJuicy
This is awesome! Going to give it a shot

I hope you have fun doing it :3
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 12th Jun 2014 at 6:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by NanaRee16
Doing this! Will try to show some screen shots as well! Will Deffenitly be interesting!

Can't wait to see he screen shots :3
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 12th Jun 2014 at 6:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by beebeefrogs
Hi!!! I finished playing this challenge about two days ago and it was AWESOME!!! I had so much fun playing it. I did it in Moonlight Falls and kinda styled it to be Victorian era-ish style. I had a female sim and her two twins (a little girl named Rose and a boy named Jack) and built them a small hut. I struggled for most of the challenge to pay bills and whatnot but slowly built my house up. I didn't reach the 500,000 goal but managed 78,780 before my sim died of old age. I've continued playing with the family though and I will continue to do so as I love them alot. I'm sorry I didn't take any screenshots to show you (I wish I had now but what can you do?) I might do replay this but make it harder with either triplets or quadruplets and daddy instead. If I do replay it, I'll try to remember to take screenshots :D

Thanks for the awesome challenge!!!!

I hope you o replay it cause I really want to see those screenshots lol
Test Subject
#12 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 10:52 AM
amazing chllange! I will do it, but I want to know if my sim can get married?
Test Subject
#13 Old 23rd Feb 2015 at 1:28 AM
Woot! So trying!
I'm doing Sculpting, I always wanted a reason to do that in The Sims 3!
Test Subject
#14 Old 7th Apr 2015 at 6:40 PM
I'm totally trying this once I get my game up and running! I have a save right now that a family has a little girl so I will use her for the challenge! This looks like so much fun.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 7th Apr 2015 at 9:00 PM
This sounds really awesome, but incredibly hard. I'll definitely try this one sometime soon!