Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Mar 2015 at 3:03 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default how do i change prices of items
I am not for sure where to post this but i needed some help. I downloaded a beautiful kitchen and i love it but in game the price is 1$ for almost every item. I was wondering how or if i could change the prices or the cabinets to more realistic prices so i can have a more expensive kitchen. i read somewhere to use SimPE but i dont know anything about it so is there any other way to change prices in the game i have all sims 2 if that helps so if not is SimPE safe to use and is it hard to use. thanks for the help
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 20th Mar 2015 at 3:30 AM
SimPE can be either easy or hard, depending on what you want to do. Changing prize is fortunately very easy - at least for CC objects.

* Open up the mesh file you want to change.

* Click on the "Object Data (OBJD)" resource, and again on the single resource that pops up in the "Resource list" window. If there are more than one OBJD, pick the one without numbers behind (those with " - 0.0" or "- 0.1"). You'll know it's the correct one if some of the room/function sort tick boxes are ticked. If they're empty, it's the wrong resource.

* Make sure you're in Plugin View. Can usually be found in the tabs at the bottom. The Plugin View will change to fit the resource you click. The "Object Data Editor" should now show in the Plugin View window.

* Click the little tab in your Plugin View that says "RAW Data" and tick the box that says "Decimal" (because Hexadecimal is hard to figure out)

* Under "02. Catalog Prize" you can set your prize. The first one (0x0012:Prize) is the main prize that shows in the catalog. I'm not quite sure about the others, but they're usually set lower than the main prize. I think they've got something to do with decreasing value and sale prizes if you have OFB.

* Click "Commit" (to the left, under "Filename"), and save.
Test Subject
#3 Old 18th Jul 2017 at 1:06 AM Last edited by gdayars : 18th Jul 2017 at 1:49 AM. Reason: opening up old threads and spamming unnecessarily
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
SimPE can be either easy or hard, depending on what you want to do. Changing prize is fortunately very easy - at least for CC objects.

* Open up the mesh file you want to change.

* Click on the "Object Data (OBJD)" resource, and again on the single resource that pops up in the "Resource list" window. If there are more than one OBJD, pick the one without numbers behind (those with " - 0.0" or "- 0.1"). You'll know it's the correct one if some of the room/function sort tick boxes are ticked. If they're empty, it's the wrong resource.

* Make sure you're in Plugin View. Can usually be found in the tabs at the bottom. The Plugin View will change to fit the resource you click. The "Object Data Editor" should now show in the Plugin View window.

* Click the little tab in your Plugin View that says "RAW Data" and tick the box that says "Decimal" (because Hexadecimal is hard to figure out)

* Under "02. Catalog Prize" you can set your prize. The first one (0x0012:Prize) is the main prize that shows in the catalog. I'm not quite sure about the others, but they're usually set lower than the main prize. I think they've got something to do with decreasing value and sale prizes if you have OFB.

* Click "Commit" (to the left, under "Filename"), and save.

Please do not spam the help board with smileys, alarms etc. or you will be warned There are plenty of good tutorials on how to use SimPE around here, I will pm them to you. - gdayars
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 18th Jul 2017 at 8:38 AM
What happened here? lol
(what did bluemoon spam...)

I'm actually curious about this topic as well.......can I hijack this thread?

I've used the method simmer22 described for changing CC items. I'm stuck when it comes to editing the prices of Maxis objects, though. I'm confused about cloning and stuff, ugh

My simblrIcon credit
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#5 Old 18th Jul 2017 at 7:49 PM
There's a tutorial for that somewhere - I'll see if I can find it. What you do, essentially, is clone the object, remove all resources from the resulting cloned file except the OBJD. Then change the settings in the OBJD to your liking and, commit and save the file. Because this clone has all the original identification information for the original object, the game will read both versions of the OBJD (the one in the game files and your's) and use the one it read last (your's).

Edit: and here's Phae's tutorial. She's batch recategorising there but the process is the same if you're only doing one file. That's the tut I used to learn how to do it:
http://modthesims.info/t/281025
What's most important there is the settings for cloning in SimPE. After that, everything is really straightforward. And there's a nice list there for sub-sorting the catalogue. However, if you only want to change the price, that's in the RAW Data tab and, if you put SimPE into decimal values (there's a clickable check box), you can see the price very easily to edit it.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 19th Jul 2017 at 4:39 PM
Thank you for the explanation!! I really appreciate it

I've seen and used Phae's tutorial before, also it did come up as the first result when I was googling how to change Maxis prices. I have tried using it for that but I failed. I must have done something wrong.

Granted it was late and I was tired when I was fiddling around. I need my brain in gear next time I try.

If and when I get it right I might write up a new tutorial somewhere, for all the dummies out there like me

My simblrIcon credit
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 14th Sep 2023 at 2:09 PM
Hi, I'm not sure if this post is closed or not but here goes. My Julien Cooke is running a restaurant and has 4 staff members. The restaurant is not making enough money to pay the staff because the menu item prices are so low. Here's what I want to do:

1. Add custom dishes to my restaurant menu
2. Change prices of dishes ordered by customers
3. Change (raise) frequency of tipping by satisfied customers (If possible)

Seems simple enough right? My only problem is....I've only just downloaded SimPe. Its in my downloads staring at me and I have no idea how to even begin to do what I've asked here. "I need Help" is an understatement.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 14th Sep 2023 at 5:25 PM
This isn't even about the same topic as the original post. Don't be afraid to make a new thread with a new question.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 14th Sep 2023 at 10:30 PM
Restaurants are difficult to make profits on unless its family owned as hired staff will drain your profits, even if dishes are expensive. You want one of the lower wages mods.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~