Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Jan 2017 at 12:19 AM Last edited by HugeLunatic : 16th Jan 2017 at 12:36 PM.
Default Castle help
If you search "fairytale sky castle" you will see a nice castle. On it it has something I've never seen anywhere else. It has wall supports (corbels) & also it has curved outward type walls. If anyone could help me to create that I would be so thankful. I need that very style for a castle I'm working on now.
Advertisement
dodgy builder
#2 Old 15th Jan 2017 at 5:11 AM
You shouldn't leave your email like that, both for your protection and the protection of others.

The help should happen on this forum.
Alchemist
#3 Old 15th Jan 2017 at 2:26 PM
I agree with Volve, don't just slap your email down in a post, because we can also PM you.

Any specific area for where to search 'Fairytale sky castle'? the internet is huge.

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#4 Old 15th Jan 2017 at 7:20 PM
Yes. Search it here on downloads
dodgy builder
#5 Old 15th Jan 2017 at 9:15 PM
I was quite prepared to say my English didn't stretch that far, but frankly I'm willing to bet my socks those parts you're talking about has been made with cfe, the cheat spelled like constrainfloorelevations, and it takes a few tutorials to learn. cfe was very fashionable in 2009, these days most builders consider it too specialiced.

Willing to do that? ... or just skip that part?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 15th Jan 2017 at 10:42 PM
I think of myself as pretty experienced in that cheat I don't think I've ever built a house that it wasn't used but that is truly unique on that castle. I wouldn't know where to begin
Scholar
#7 Old 15th Jan 2017 at 11:04 PM Last edited by SimmyRN : 15th Jan 2017 at 11:34 PM.
Sorry, I misunderstood your post at first. You're not looking for inspiration for a castle to build, you are looking for assistance with a building technique. It looks like CFE work to me. Have you tried to contact the original poster for assistance/hints? Of course, I see that they haven't logged on to MTS for quite a while. My only suggestion would be to experiment on a lot, then replicate the technique for your castle. Perhaps someone who's done a lot of CFE could give you more help.
dodgy builder
#8 Old 15th Jan 2017 at 11:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Johnny_Bravo
the internet is huge.

... and it's getting smaller and smaller by the minute thanks to such things as Google

this is the thing I believe: http://modthesims.info/d/355939

It's too late for me now. I made a boat once by pushing down floors into walls so the walls had to expand to make room for the wider floor above.

Even if it's late I think at the top of my head it would be something like,
1. make a square,
2. put lots of 1tile crossing walls around it,
3. put a new wall outside that.
4. and then you need some floors I think and lower them with staircases ... suddenly I don't remember a thing. I have to google this, but I guess you can do the same Good Night.

After doing all that you remove the outside wall and is left with only the diagonal leftovers of all the cfe work you did ...
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 16th Jan 2017 at 6:21 AM
@Jstuck56
First, before ANYONE else helps you- edit your first post and delete your email address.

Second, we are all volunteers here and a link or picture is appreciated so we do not have to hunt down the lot you are referring to.

Third, I will leave you in the hands of the more experienced CFE users. Good luck.

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 16th Jan 2017 at 6:53 AM
If you see a post that goes against the rules use the report post button. I just did since I don't have any powers of removal.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
#11 Old 16th Jan 2017 at 1:47 PM
Hello
I tried to make a short tutorial on how to make wall suports for the towers. Please let me know If this not wat you needed help with.

Step 1-

Step2- rise the whole structure

Step3 - rise the outer floor tiles

You should get something like this:

Step 4- lower the upper floor

Step 5- delete the guiding tiles
Screenshots

Visit my Tumblr for more creations http://crowkeeperthesimmer.tumblr.com :)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 16th Jan 2017 at 8:33 PM
Thank you so so much!!!!
dodgy builder
#13 Old 16th Jan 2017 at 11:52 PM
... and there she comes
Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 17th Jan 2017 at 7:55 AM
Wow Crowkeeper- just WOW!!!

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#15 Old 17th Jan 2017 at 8:34 AM
Very cool.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~