Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Jul 2017 at 12:25 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Getting CC to show up after installation on new PC
Hi everyone,

I have read the guides on CC and I'm still having trouble. I recently got a new laptop and having found no issues with CC showing up on my old laptop, am experiencing problems this time. I created a downloads folder within the Sims 2 UC folder and ticked 'enable custom content' in the game but after a restart, it is still not showing.

The only other difference I see is that on my old laptop, Sims 2 UC installed under My Docs > EA Games etc but on my new one, it is under Program Files (x86) > Origin or something to that effect. That's where I created the new Downloads folder. Will this make a difference in getting the CC to show up? I had a look in My Docs just in case there was any EA folder there but there isn't.

Apologies if I've missed something. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 20th Jul 2017 at 1:38 PM
The Downloads folder needs to be in the data files for the game, not the program files. If nobody comes along to tell you where the data files are located by default with the UC (it might also make a difference what OS you have), I suggest searching for all instances of files named EAGames and checking each one you turn up. The data files will contain folders called "Cameras," "Collections," "Neighborhoods," and so on, while the program files will contain folders (possibly nested inside other folders; I know the program files for UC are set up differently than discs, which organize everything per EP) called TSBin, TSData, CSBin, Support, and some executable files.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Jul 2017 at 2:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
The Downloads folder needs to be in the data files for the game, not the program files. If nobody comes along to tell you where the data files are located by default with the UC (it might also make a difference what OS you have), I suggest searching for all instances of files named EAGames and checking each one you turn up. The data files will contain folders called "Cameras," "Collections," "Neighborhoods," and so on, while the program files will contain folders (possibly nested inside other folders; I know the program files for UC are set up differently than discs, which organize everything per EP) called TSBin, TSData, CSBin, Support, and some executable files.

Ah I see, thank you. I will have to have a search for EA Games. I am on Windows 10 if that makes a difference.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#4 Old 20th Jul 2017 at 2:31 PM
You also need to have run the game at least once, before the appropriate folder will be created in Documents.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 20th Jul 2017 at 8:01 PM
Thank you. It has now appeared!