Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Jan 2015 at 9:23 PM
Default S4PE first step redo
I have looked EVERYWHERE for help with this. When i installed S4PE i did everything it told me to i pointed it to the sims 4 added my unique name and when it fully opened there is NOTHING. It doesn't show any files and i have no idea how to find them. I have uninstalled and reinstalled and can't redo the first step to fix this. Any help would be beyond appreciated.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 17th Jan 2015 at 9:50 PM
You have to open the file you want using the menu: File - Open...
What are you trying to do?
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 25th Jan 2015 at 5:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by EmberRain
I have looked EVERYWHERE for help with this. When i installed S4PE i did everything it told me to i pointed it to the sims 4 added my unique name and when it fully opened there is NOTHING. It doesn't show any files and i have no idea how to find them. I have uninstalled and reinstalled and can't redo the first step to fix this. Any help would be beyond appreciated.

Opening S4PE doesn't magically open all the game files. Do you know the purpose of S4PE?

To open the game files, go to the install directory [Electronic Arts\The Sims 4] and then THERE, you'll find in SUBFOLDERS the .PACKAGE files.

Simalary Studios

Contact Me
Send me a PM, if you need to contact me for anything.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#4 Old 25th Jan 2015 at 9:06 AM
Although ideally you don't want to be editing those files. S4pe's standard use is for opening and editing packages that has been produced by one of the tools like Sims4Studio or TSRW or so on.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#5 Old 25th Jan 2015 at 10:51 AM
One still needs to get at the game files in order to export stuff from there though, or to look up a reference.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#6 Old 25th Jan 2015 at 11:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
One still needs to get at the game files in order to export stuff from there though, or to look up a reference.

True, but in light of the obvious inexperience of the OP I felt it was a timely headsup that might save heartache.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)