Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Feb 2015 at 9:44 AM Last edited by ZippyZX3 : 4th Feb 2015 at 10:08 AM.
Default s4pe.0.3.b Question, Name Blank?
I'm having a small problem. When I open a package file there is no info under name. I get tags and such. Am I'm doing something wrong or is it not implemented yet? It doesn't make any difference what package I open. It is all blank under name.

This is what I'm seeing on my screen.

Thanks
Tim
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 4th Feb 2015 at 10:08 AM
The 'Name' has never been listed up in s4pe, all versions have been this way. I don't remember the explanation for this, or if it will or can be implemented.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#3 Old 4th Feb 2015 at 12:35 PM
As far as I know there are no names list in the packages. EA didn't leave them in. I think we could probably make our own though

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 4th Feb 2015 at 1:59 PM
The name is supposed to be extracted from a special name table file. Sims 2 had such a file and some Sims 3 mods supplied ones as well. EA stopped including those in the package files after Sims 2 (but they are still using them internally, which was revealed by a patch).

Edit: comment-sniped by Inge
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th Feb 2015 at 12:42 PM
The name does show up in the right panel. Would be nice if it would show up in the left panel so we could use the filters. Would make finding something much faster.

I looked at the source code for s4pe, but it is beyond my knowledge of programming. . Also I can not get it to compile. Using Visual Studio 2013.

Thanks
Tim
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#6 Old 6th Feb 2015 at 12:44 PM
No thats not the name you used to get on the left. The ones on the left can be anything you like, the ones on the right have internal programmatic meaning. They're not actually related.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 6th Feb 2015 at 12:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
No thats not the name you used to get on the left. The ones on the left can be anything you like, the ones on the right have internal programmatic meaning. They're not actually related.

Ok thanks
Tim