Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Feb 2016 at 7:35 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Help with a MOD (AKA Save My Bacon)
I am looking for a Reduced/ Changed LTW and LTW variety mod, which includes UNI LTWs. I know there's a ltwvariety and mods that have some of the features I want, such as one by Alexx58 (http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=256620) but it's outdated and not quite what I am looking for, but a great example of the base template. The variety feature making sense is great (I prefer it over "anyltw); I like that it's not a free for all, but makes sense!

But I would like to see if there's another version of this mod? I like the variety-- a LOT, but with the exception of the Woohoo LTWs (blame it on my "virginity until marriage and fidelity until death" upbringing... Having Sims woohoo with even 10 others is just.. "icky"-- plus they fall in love, cause problems, etc. I don't think I've ever had a Sim woohoo with more than 3 Sims--and that was Don Lothario-- in one version I played years ago!) Also, some of the LTWs seem WAY TOO EASY (Raise 1 Puppy or Kitten, Marry Off 2 Children, Have 2 Grandchildren, etc...) I prefer to play a game that does NOT resemble a Soap Opera and don't use ACR or anything, as I prefer my Sims to lead richer lives and not just be hormone-driven pixels.) I understand we can keep re-rolling until we get one we like, but that doesn't seem fair (and I like the challenge of trying to fulfill the LTW the Sim "chooses" themselves!

Does anyone know if this mod can be changed (and how to change it) or if there's something similar to what I'm asking for elsewhere? I don't mind a challenge-- even the 30 Best Friends seems nuts, but not impossible. I can even do 50 Dream Dates (but the 50 1st Dates falls under the Romance/ Woohoo issue...) If one does not exist, I'm hoping someone has pity on me and helps modify this mod or the original LTWs... Someone much more skilled (I have none, just FYI) and tech savvy than I.

Here's what I'm looking for (that might also be useful to others?) in a "Family Friendly Mod":

Compatibility with all EPs & SPs up to AL (so all of them!)

REDUCE LTWs for Romance--> Woohoo with 10 Sims and Woohoo with 5 Sims, or Woohoo with 3 Sims
--> Have 5 Simultaneous Lovers, Have 3 (or 2) Simultaneous Lovers

INCREASE/ ADD --> Have 35 Dream Dates, Have 50 Dream Dates
--> Own 3 Top Level Businesses
--> Raise 10 Puppies or Kittens, Raise 5 Puppies or Kittens
--> Have 3 Pets Reach the Top of Their Careers
--> Have 5 Simultaneous Pet Best Friends, Have 3 Simultaneous Pet Best Friends
-->4 Lifetime Lots Grandchildren, 6 Lifetime Lots Grandchildren, 10 Lifetime Lots Grandchildren
-->3 Lifetime Marry Children, 4 Lifetime Marry Children, 6 Lifetime Marry Children
--> Eat 100 Grilled Cheese, Eat 200 Grilled Cheese (original #)

I'm sorry if I'm nuts and asking for the moon here, but thought it's worth asking, even knowing I'm asking for a LOT! I've recently gone through a lot of tough stuff personally and dug out my Sims 2 to play as a form of therapy (control over pixels a midst my own chaos?!) and am now working on my downloads folder, in layers... There is one big mod I can't really find to fit my gameplay, so I'm going to go out on a limb and be uncharacteristically bold and ask for help! I'm convinced someone can help me or can perhaps recommend someone? I know there's a lot of S3 and S4 players and many have moved on, but I'm still in love with S2 and want to get back into the game. Hoping someone can help modify or direct me to someone who will, as I know this is pretty specific. Please and thank you!!
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 10th Feb 2016 at 8:15 AM
Are you familiar with SimPe? You can change LTW with it. See my post here.

Other than using Sim Blender, Simmanipulator, or Insiminator to keep rerolling, I think SimPE is the only way to go.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Feb 2016 at 8:58 AM Last edited by marinka512 : 10th Feb 2016 at 9:04 AM. Reason: adding info
Quote: Originally posted by CaliBrat
Are you familiar with SimPe? You can change LTW with it. See my post here.

Other than using Sim Blender, Simmanipulator, or Insiminator to keep rerolling, I think SimPE is the only way to go.

Thank you for your response! I'm not familiar with SimPE and not tech savvy. At all. Your post shows you have a lot more knowledge than I do, and I would be one of those who "mucks things up"-- no doubt.

Hoping to find someone who can do the mod edits for me... The Alexx modder I mentioned and Squinge (with the original version) did it, so I'm guessing it can be done. By someone feeling benevolent or just bored, maybe?! If I can't find someone in the next few months, I'll see if I can figure out SimPE, but for now, fingers crossed I'll get some help! I don't want to change a specific Sim's LTW, but rather have a more varied mod that will enable Sims to grow up or roll the LTWs (reduced, increased, changed, etc) instead of my messing with it. I try not to use too many mods or cheats, as I know there's a chance of corruption in the long run (and I've lost all my former games that way!).
Mad Poster
#4 Old 10th Feb 2016 at 2:54 PM
There is the Sim Modder that is in the game and looks like a baby. http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Sim_Modder

You can spawn it with testing cheats enabled.

I think there is a mod here at MTS that puts it in the buy mode but I don't know where its at.

As for what you are asking for I don't think it can be done and have all those different changes in game at the same time.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158