Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Jun 2016 at 9:59 PM
The Kraken
Hello everyone!

I have a question which goes to the modders in the community.

Can anyone create a mod that DELETEs the Kraken? I really really hate this part of Island Paradise. It is sooo creepy.

Is that even possible to delete this creature?

I would respond on forward.

Regards, Schokobiene
(sorry my bad English, I'm from Germany and my english based on school-english )
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Jun 2016 at 10:04 PM
OH I'm so sorry. I dont know that

With MC?? Can you tell me where can I find these option? is it in the base mod? Or where?
dodgy builder
#5 Old 1st Jul 2016 at 12:58 PM
They usually perfer the questions to come at their site. They have enough on their plate already.
Test Subject
#6 Old 1st Jul 2016 at 2:54 PM
So stupid question, but where do I find Kraken? I currently play in Sunlit tides.
Instructor
#7 Old 1st Jul 2016 at 9:05 PM
It resides in Island Paradise. When you're in that world, go into the water and wait. It usually shows up when you least expect it.
Alchemist
#9 Old 2nd Jul 2016 at 6:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
The Kraken is just a visual candy, too bad you can't do much with it. Unless I'm wrong? Is there a way to interact with the kraken? Can I put one in my pool?

No, they can destroy your boats too.

There's no use to delete the Kraken with MC. Doing that is basically the same as deleting a butterfly but not the spawner, meaning that it will spawn later anyway.

You can stop it from spawning by tweaking the KrakenManager.xml from GameplayData.package.

Just call me Nikel
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#10 Old 2nd Jul 2016 at 11:23 AM
To be honest, I have never seen that Kraken, Unless we're talking about any youtube videos. (I got curious what it would look like ) I guess I wasn't so lucky >-<
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 2nd Jul 2016 at 5:49 PM Last edited by gskdoleo : 2nd Jul 2016 at 6:39 PM.
oh yeah...
I freaked out the first time I saw, swimming under my boat

Scholar
#12 Old 2nd Jul 2016 at 7:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gskdoleo
oh yeah...
I freaked out the first time I saw, swimming under my boat

um... it actually is kind of disturbing. I'd want to delete it too. I only use IP for the 2-in-1 bathroom so I've never had to deal with it.
Virtual gardener
#14 Old 2nd Jul 2016 at 11:04 PM
Quote:
I think ITF has a 2-in-1 bathroom too.

Yup ITF has a that kind of bathroom: http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Shower

I actually thought it was more pink-coloured! But the eyes are creeping me out!
Mad Poster
#16 Old 2nd Jul 2016 at 11:30 PM
I've just looked in the game's master tuning file and seems to me there are some values there that can be adjusted by way of NRaas Retuner. In particular,

Sims3.Gameplay.Controllers.KrakenManager,Sims3GameplaySystems > kSwimbyChance > 0.04 (change to 0?)
Sims3.Gameplay.Controllers.KrakenManager,Sims3GameplaySystems > kAttackChance > 0.01 (change to 0?)
Sims3.Gameplay.Controllers.KrakenManager,Sims3GameplaySystems > kBonusAttackChance > 0.01 (change to 0?)
and a few others like these that should be on the same menu, HiddenIslandBonus and HeavyRainBonus, perhaps set kKrakenMinDepth from the default of 20 to something absurdly high like 1000.

Disclaimer: Never tried changing any of these settings myself. For all I know, doing so might cause thousands of Krakens to fall out of the sky the next time it rains (doesn't sound like it, though).

Observation: How odd it must be for someone who designed this feature to now have "I made the Kraken Manager!" on their resume.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 3rd Jul 2016 at 12:17 AM
If you buy the "Friend of the Kraken" reward, you can choose the option "Release the Kraken!" on boats (the transportation boats), and the Kraken will attack and destroy it.
Your boats will not be attacked if you have the reward.

"Oh, what a beautiful boat..."
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 3rd Jul 2016 at 12:40 AM
Will it kill the sim?

No, just destroy the boat and the sim will be desperate in water for a while
Mad Poster
#20 Old 3rd Jul 2016 at 12:40 AM
Ah, didn't know or had forgotten about the LTR. I admittedly am still kind of new to IP.

Will it kill the sim?

I liked where you were going with this before. Can our sims make friends with it? Take it home and keep it in their bathtub (not all sims have swimming pools and I doubt Krakens care for chlorinated water anyway), put a leash on it and take it for long walks in the park?
Field Researcher
#21 Old 3rd Jul 2016 at 4:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
I liked where you were going with this before. Can our sims make friends with it? Take it home and keep it in their bathtub (not all sims have swimming pools and I doubt Krakens care for chlorinated water anyway), put a leash on it and take it for long walks in the park?
As far as I know, no you can't friend it, just attack other boats with it

I am MOHAAPlayer on Discord
Mad Poster
#22 Old 3rd Jul 2016 at 8:56 AM
I just learned today what Kraken means...and now, i see that gskdoleo has a pool ladder attached to a houseboat.
So now, I want a kraken, and a ladder attached to MY houseboats.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 3rd Jul 2016 at 10:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
I just learned today what Kraken means...and now, i see that gskdoleo has a pool ladder attached to a houseboat.
So now, I want a kraken, and a ladder attached to MY houseboats.

The ladder appears when you move the boat to any place in water, leaving the port/docs
My boat is in the middle of nowhere, next to a dive spot
Virtual gardener
#24 Old 3rd Jul 2016 at 12:34 PM
It's funny how this entire thread went from 'how can I erase the kraken from my game' to 'How can I put my Kraken in a bathtub/pool?' Would have made the Kraken feature pretty awesome though! I mean adopting it and being able to swim with it if you like.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#25 Old 3rd Jul 2016 at 1:25 PM
I've only ever seen the kraken when my Sims lived on a houseboat that was not moored. That seems to be the main condition that triggers it. After that I saw it regularly until I went back to port again and it hasn't ever appeared since then.
(As a side note, one of the reason to enter port again was because of my mermaid who got regularly sea-sick out on sea, which I found absurd.)
Page 1 of 3