Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Sep 2016 at 10:22 PM
Default cc magic
So, I've been having some problems with my cc magic.. And I hope someone can help.

Pretty much when I click play in the cc magic program, It loads my game, but before it reaches the loading screen I proceed to get a message saying, that I have installed an unofficial game modification?? That doesn't match with my current version of the Sims 3. And that they recommend, that I either uninstall the game modification, or get an updated version. Or else I risk that my game crashes, or my game gets serious damage..

I don't understand what that means?? And I really hope someone can help..
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 27th Sep 2016 at 1:25 AM
That sounds like an outdated mod.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
#3 Old 27th Sep 2016 at 2:25 AM
It's only Core Mods that would throw that message. In order to avoid it, your Core Mods must have been made for the precise patch level you are playing on and for Steam vs. non-Steam installs. There are only 5 Core Mods for TS3 in popular usage. If you have any of these, I suggest checking for version mismatches.

1 - NRaas ErrorTrap
2 - NRaas UntranslatedKey (really for developers)
3 - CmarNYC's XCAS
4 - Consort's 2X Weight/Fitness
5 - AwesomeMod
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 28th Sep 2016 at 6:47 PM
Default It still doesn't work :(
I have the NRaas ErrorTrap, I don't have the other ones.. And I have the right patch. My sims is a 1.67, and my mod is a 67, so that doesn't work.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 29th Sep 2016 at 12:25 AM
There are two flavors of ErrorTrap for 1.67, one for Steam installs and one for non-Steam (everyone else). The correct one has to be selected.

Also, for some reason this didn't register in my foggy brain prior to this, but are you using CC Magic to merge ErrorTrap in with other content? Core Mods should never be merged, they have to be treated as...now I'm going to forget the right term, is it Legacy Content? The same is true for Script Mods actually, but for some reason opinions seem to vary on that.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 30th Sep 2016 at 3:44 AM
I don't know what you mean. It's hard for me to understand basic english, but I don't use the Legacy, I haven't even touched it. But when I first got CC Magic, all of my mods were in the legacy folder, but as I was putting my mods into the deafult folder, my mods in the legacy folder just disappeard, I don't know if that is relevant. Probably not.
Am I not supposed to have my Nraas and all that, in my CC Magic program?
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 30th Sep 2016 at 4:01 AM
You put your mods, i.e. NRAAS etc. in the Packages (in the Mods folder) folder. They then show up in CCMagic as Legacy set. That way, CCMagic doesn't touch them.
Don't put your NRAAS mods or other game mods anywhere else.

Custom content (furniture, hair, clothes, etc.) in either Sims3pack format or package format, you put in the Downloads folder which then show up in CCMagic in the Default Set. You can then create sets in CCMagic.

I don't know how long you've been using CCMagic, so this might be overkill, but have a look at this tutorial.
https://nonasims.wordpress.com/?s=CC+Magic
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 30th Sep 2016 at 4:38 PM
I moved my Nraas in my legacy folder, and it still doesn't work
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 30th Sep 2016 at 4:45 PM
Actually never mind, it worked! I put the Nraas stuff in my mods folder, as you said I just didn't pay attention at first. But it finally worked! I've been trying to get it to work for a solid week and a half, so again, thank you so much!
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 1st Oct 2016 at 12:57 AM
Great! Glad I could help!