Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#26 Old 6th Aug 2016 at 10:46 PM Last edited by thecakebear125 : 7th Aug 2016 at 12:23 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by PapaEmy
Oops.. sorry I forgot about that.., I just remember that it crashed for HD 520 with Win 10 as it was discussed here before http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=578661
there was something called fsx.exe that wasnt showing up so im just gonna have to hope that the laptop can survive without an fps limiter thanks anyway
Edit: ok i take that back since i tried changing the graphic card to the more one thats closer to what i have the fps counter has been reaching over 100 when in windowed mode and I really don't want that. If anyone knows a fps limiter with some instructions fitting someone who knows next to nothing about computers that'd be really helpful. Thanks
Advertisement
Instructor
#27 Old 7th Aug 2016 at 9:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by thecakebear125
the fps counter has been reaching over 100 when in windowed mode and I really don't want that. If anyone knows a fps limiter with some instructions fitting someone who knows next to nothing about computers that'd be really helpful. Thanks

I think the problem why the FPS Limiter crashing is more likely because of your 1.69 game version, it doesn't happen in 1.67 version, I think it's because 1.69 doesn't allow the user to bypass the launcher or anything like that, I think since there's no straight forward answer regarding to this, you can try with what the OP of the thread I mentioned above did, by forcing vSync on in the Intel HD graphics settings, then check the FPS while the game is running to test if it caps the FPS as expected, to check it while you're running the game, press Ctrl+Shift+C to open the cheat box, and then type "FPS On" without the quotes, you'll see on your top right corner of your screen a small number popped up, that's telling the current FPS is running while your game is running.. (I personally caps it to 30 but some people caps it to 60 FPS limit)

The other alternative way I can think of.. if that isn't working for you, I think.. go patch your game to 1.67 if you have the BG installation copy disc and don't update or upgrade it to 1.69, or if you have spare hard drive, you can test your TS3 1.69 with FPS limiter installed in Windows 7 to find the cause why is it crashing, if it's still crashing in Windows 7, then in my opinion it is indeed because the 1.69 prevent anything to go around how the game would be launch..

PS: Sorry I can't help you more if the main problem that causing FPS limiter to crash is because of 1.69 version.., because I don't have 1.69, maybe somebody else can help you with 1.69 and FPS Limiter..
Test Subject
Original Poster
#28 Old 9th Aug 2016 at 3:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PapaEmy
I think the problem why the FPS Limiter crashing is more likely because of your 1.69 game version, it doesn't happen in 1.67 version, I think it's because 1.69 doesn't allow the user to bypass the launcher or anything like that, I think since there's no straight forward answer regarding to this, you can try with what the OP of the thread I mentioned above did, by forcing vSync on in the Intel HD graphics settings, then check the FPS while the game is running to test if it caps the FPS as expected, to check it while you're running the game, press Ctrl+Shift+C to open the cheat box, and then type "FPS On" without the quotes, you'll see on your top right corner of your screen a small number popped up, that's telling the current FPS is running while your game is running.. (I personally caps it to 30 but some people caps it to 60 FPS limit)

The other alternative way I can think of.. if that isn't working for you, I think.. go patch your game to 1.67 if you have the BG installation copy disc and don't update or upgrade it to 1.69, or if you have spare hard drive, you can test your TS3 1.69 with FPS limiter installed in Windows 7 to find the cause why is it crashing, if it's still crashing in Windows 7, then in my opinion it is indeed because the 1.69 prevent anything to go around how the game would be launch..

PS: Sorry I can't help you more if the main problem that causing FPS limiter to crash is because of 1.69 version.., because I don't have 1.69, maybe somebody else can help you with 1.69 and FPS Limiter..
sorry for the late reply i was away, I've looked online and i don't think I'm going to b able to patch my game to 1.67 because apparently origin has issues with that its beginning to be slightly annoying that i'd probably be having less issues if I was on the 5 year old mac (I would switch back but CC isn't working). Man i've been having a lot of bad luck with ts3
Page 2 of 2