Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Jun 2010 at 2:36 PM Last edited by purpleto2800 : 7th Jun 2010 at 5:18 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3
Default Help to get my saved game back into the game or am I stuck starting all over?
My game crashes, I have uninstalled reinstalled, had very limited CC in my downloads folder, such as but not limited to CC from the EA Store, Plus Various other CC that I download from the Exchange, However I have taken all of it out, put it back in they all go to Downloads folder as they use the launcher to install them into game.
I can see my cc, but when its in there game loads the cc very slowly, I have made several houses, and saved as a lot during the process of building. However the Save as option must not work as when my game crashed it lost the house anyway. I am playing in the new city Twins.
I have edited the resource.cfg and put the correct files Dccache Package and resource.cfg into the Mods folder. But like I said have no problem with the cc showing up other then it is slow to load in create a sim section of the game. (Recently took all downloads out of game completely).
I can not seem to find the Sims3EPo2.exe file to place in the DEP. Someone told me I may have the exe. to where I can not see it. Don't know if I do or not as I can not find out how to turn it on if it is off.
I just want to play with out haveing to crash.

I am using Vista,
service pack 2
Dell
model: Xps xps_430
Processor is: Intel(r)core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q8300 @ 2.50GHZ 2.49GHZ

Memory: 6.0
System type: 64 bit operating system

Don't know if I need to upgrade my ATI Display Driver
it is ATI Radeon HD 3650

Thanks for any help that you can give me, if you need more specs please explain how I get them for you and I will. I am not very good at knowing VISTA systems, better at XP lol. So I am a complete bone head still learning vista.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 3rd Jun 2010 at 2:59 PM
I think this is incorrect: Sims3EPo2.exe
I think the Ambitions .exe file is TS3EP02.exe ... I think. I'm doing this off the top of my head cuz I'm at work.

To Sim is the GREATEST adventure...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Jun 2010 at 6:29 PM Last edited by werismyki : 4th Jun 2010 at 4:36 AM. Reason: Merged posts: 3187707, 3187766, 3187932
yeah I know whatever it is, i can not find it... when I look in the dep however its there in when I look directly at in in the os/c:programfilesX86 dot dot dot section of my computer????

I also took out all cc from everything and its not the problem the cc anyway, I crashed anyway I got a few hours in to game however now the real question did it save anything at all that I did.. we will find out, this is so frustrating.

Well it saved I still have most of my info that I have. That is good news.... now I just have to find a way to have that DEP find my TS3EP02.exe file or whatever file it is... so that it will quit crashing on me.

Oh and can someone give me a link to where I would check to see if I need to upgrade my graphics driver please. See if that might be some help as well.

And just in case anyone wants to know or needs to know here you go.System specs as asked for by Mod the sims site.

==System==

* Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6002) Service Pack 2 (6002.vistasp2_gdr.100218-0019)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

* System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
* System Model: Dell XPS430
* Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q8300 @ 2.50GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.5GHz

* Memory:6078MB RAM
* Page File:2060MB used, 10289MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows

* DirectX Version: DirectX 11

DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 7.00.6002.18107 32bit Unicode

==Display==

* Name: ATI Radeon HD 3650
* Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.
* Chip Type: ATI Radeon Graphics Processor (0x9598)
* Approx. Total Memory: 3032MB

* MainDriver:
atidxx32,atidxx64.dll,atiumdag,atiumdva,atiumd64.dll,atiumd6a.cap,atitmm64.dll

* Version: 7.15.0010.0111 (English)
* Driver Date: 5/21/2008 01:09:58, 1533440 bytes

==Sound==

* Description: Speakers / Headphones (IDT High Definition Audio CODEC)
* Driver Name: stwrt64.sys
* Driver Version: 6.10.6017.0001 (English)
* Date: 6/26/2008 02:11:24, 457216 bytes

(I have 4 sound tabs the info above is for the tab that says sound1)

==Disk & DVD/CD-ROM Drives==

* Drive: c:
* Free Space: 512.0 GB
* Total Space: 700.0 GB
* File System: NTFS
* Model: ST3750630AS

Can not get TS3EP02.exe to show up in DEP

It shows up in the os/c: programs X86 etc: Just not the DEP. Do I have something hiding exe files or what?What do I have to do?
Scholar
#4 Old 3rd Jun 2010 at 9:18 PM
do you see at least "TS3EP02"?, then you only have the extensions not set visible
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 3rd Jun 2010 at 9:30 PM
yes that is all I see, How do I get that to be viewable, obviously that is what I need to do, how do I do it.
Scholar
#6 Old 3rd Jun 2010 at 9:58 PM
Explorer: extra / folder options > view then untickle the checkbox where it sais don't show extension for known files ... (sorry don't know the right english term)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 3rd Jun 2010 at 10:08 PM Last edited by werismyki : 4th Jun 2010 at 4:37 AM. Reason: Merged posts: 3188089, 3188103
how do i get to explorer?

what do you mean by extra / folder, I don't know what I am looking for, can you explain exactly what you want me to do? please.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#8 Old 3rd Jun 2010 at 10:34 PM
Explorer = any folder on your computer.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 3rd Jun 2010 at 10:53 PM
I am sorry but one of you have got to be more detailed cause these little bits of info isn't helping me at all.
Scholar
#10 Old 3rd Jun 2010 at 11:11 PM
now start your explorer the way you like.
On the top menu there's an entry named "extra".
A dropdown menu opens.
Choose the folder options.
A new small windows opens.
Change to "view".
Search for the checkbox with the "don't show known file extensions".
Untickle the checkbox.
Confirm with OK.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 3rd Jun 2010 at 11:15 PM
Default Ok found out what to do hope this works for me,
Ok so here is what I did,

In full detail thanks to those who helped me,

Here are screen shots of what to do on windows vista:

This has brought my TS3Ep02.exe in to DEP view thank goodness, now hopefully this will prevent the crashes...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 4th Jun 2010 at 1:26 AM Last edited by werismyki : 4th Jun 2010 at 4:39 AM. Reason: Merged posts: 3188442, 3188447
This step has not solved my crashing issue, I have no CC or MODS installed into game, soooooo next step is to up graphic driver date driver.

ok I need my graphics card upgraded where can I go to get the most recent graphics card install upgrade? in above thanks.

------------------
Please dont open any more threads while you still have one open and they are about the same thing. I have also merged your posts, in the future please use the edit button to add more info unless someone has replied to your post. Thank You.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#13 Old 4th Jun 2010 at 1:59 AM
http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownlo...x?&lang=English
Scroll down to Option 2 - Individual Downloads and download the Display Driver.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 4th Jun 2010 at 4:44 AM Last edited by werismyki : 4th Jun 2010 at 5:04 AM. Reason: Merged posts: 3188695, 3188700
Ok update again, I did have the game crash after doing the DEP, I still have no cc in the game haven't tested that far yet and not sure if I will since I want to play more then test lol, anyway not 110% sure if its working but I have played so far the game 1 hour and a half with out problem, this is what I had to do.

First time I did the dep I added all four games into the DEP TS3.exe TS3EP02.exe and then the TS3 files for WA and HEL, however when doing so it crashed with in a few mins or hours it seemed to take for ever that is for sure. In any event, I then went back into dep and removed all four TS3 files, and only added, TSS3EP02.exe it crashed with in seconds of getting into the game in play mode, so I then went back in to DEP mode added TS3.exe and TS3Ep03.exe and then also did a CCLeaner registry fix, and then cleared DcCache out then restarted computer... Started game. its been working fine the only thing I haven't done that I have done before is..... while in game mode..... is that I turned testcheatsenabled false on, then made needs static and then hurried and did testcheatsenabled true to turn it off. Now I am not sure if it has anything to do with my game crashing or not, but since its been off it hasn't crashed. I usually left it on, while playing rather then turn it off after done with it. So I should test this theory of mine but again to scared to do so maybe tomorrow.

So for my theories to try are 1: CC
2: Testcheatsenabled false
To see if it will crash again, and then again it still may crash so I am gonna give it a couple of days before I try that, just in case this way I can make sure it is or isn't the cheat and or cc. BTW if you do use the cheat and make needs static they still stay static when you turn cheat off. Just in case some didn't know that I didn't until tonight.

Quote: Originally posted by whiterider
http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownlo...〈=English
Scroll down to Option 2 - Individual Downloads and download the Display Driver.

About this right now I have 10-3_xp64_dd_ccc_nue.exe installed,

is the one u suggested the right one or what? And did you look at my specs? Thanks.
In the Arena
retired moderator
#15 Old 6th Jun 2010 at 3:01 PM
The driver version string starts with a 7.15, so that means the Catalyst 10.3 driver you mentioned above for XP64 is not installed as the driver date shows 5/21/2008. Well, which is correct since you have a Vista-64. Sorry for the wrong driver link for Vista-32, but you can actually search on the AMD website whiterider linked you to.

Here's the page for Catalyst 10.5 http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_c.../common-vista64.
Quote:
Update in safe mode
===============
- Download the driver file
- boot to Safe mode (press F8 during boot-up),
- uninstall old driver via Control Panel
- reboot (You'll be defaulted to standard VGA drivers at low resolution)
- install new drivers
- reboot again

Is EADM still set to auto-start at Windows boot-up?
After adding those .exes to DEP, how are you starting the game - via Launcher or the .exe?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 1:10 AM Last edited by werismyki : 7th Jun 2010 at 5:14 AM. Reason: Merged posts: 3193239, 3193266, 3193510
Ok so I solved my game crashing issue I had to add the TS3.exe, the TS3EP01.exe, and the TS3EP02.exe in to the DEP section of my computer. I upgraded my graphics card I believe to be the most recent one, ( I now only have an issue while trying to take pictures with the camera a black screen once in awhile).
But the big manger problem I am having is that the game its self wants me to start over completely, new household, new Sims, new everything. I was able to play for two days straight with out problem with same Sims created and Sims housing. Now however I start my launcher and it brings me to the city choices, instead of my saved house and Sims. I checked my saved folder they are safely in there still. and I copied it to my desktop to be safer. However how do I get my saved sims to show up again in game so I can play.... thanks.

I have went to the store all hours of the day and night, still have no shop keeper nor any options other to browse and its grayed out..what to do among other problems.

Played for two days straight no problems, then today my game started the save error 13 code thing and I couldn't save. So I saved and quit and game shut down went right back in and well all my sims were gone looked in savedsim folder they are there, however not showing in game what is up with that..... can anyone help ... or is all my post just being deleted. Thanks in advance.

Its acting as if its the first time I have played, playing twinbook or what ever city that is.
Mad Poster
#17 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 4:51 AM
purpleto2800, this is the second time I have merged your threads. You have started a total of 7 different threads all basically for the same problem.
You may have noticed we have over 10 pages of Active threads in the Help Forum right now and making multiple threads only complicates matters.
You can ask multiple questions in your thread, you DO NOT need to start a New Thread for each question. Thank You!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#18 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 4:58 AM Last edited by purpleto2800 : 7th Jun 2010 at 3:43 PM.
Can some one help me please, I am feeling a little bit lonely
In the Arena
retired moderator
#19 Old 14th Jun 2010 at 9:31 AM
Uh, what is the problem, now?
Also, could you post another specs report to confirm the drivers "took"?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#20 Old 14th Jun 2010 at 11:13 PM Last edited by ellacharm3d : 15th Jun 2010 at 7:31 AM. Reason: removed un-asked-for bits to save my tired scrolling finger. :)
Here are the specs again,

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 6/14/2010, 17:06:03
Machine name: MOTHERS
Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6002) Service Pack 2 (6002.vistasp2_gdr.100218-0019)
System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
System Model: Dell XPS430
BIOS: Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A01
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q8300 @ 2.50GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.5GHz
Memory: 6078MB RAM
Page File: 2002MB used, 10357MB available
DirectX Version: DirectX 11

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: ATI Radeon HD 3600 Series
Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.
Chip type: ATI display adapter (0x9598)
DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_9598&SUBSYS_22421028&REV_00
Display Memory: 3030 MB
Dedicated Memory: 248 MB
Shared Memory: 2782 MB
Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor: Dell S2309W(Digital)
Driver Name: atiu9p64.dll,aticfx64.dll,atiu9pag,aticfx32,atiumd64.dll,atidxx64.dll,atiumdag,atidxx32,atiumdva,atiumd6a.cap,atitmm64.dll
Driver Version: 8.14.0001.6105 (English)
DDI Version: 10.1
BGRA Supported: Yes
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 4/6/2010 20:22:38, 28160 bytes
-------------
Sound Devices
-------------
Description: Speakers / Headphones (IDT High Definition Audio CODEC)
Default Sound Playback: Yes
Default Voice Playback: Yes
Hardware ID: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_111D&DEV_7674&SUBSYS_102802AE&REV_1002
Manufacturer ID: 1
Product ID: 100
Type: WDM
Driver Name: stwrt64.sys
Driver Version: 6.10.6017.0001 (English)
WHQL Logo'd: n/a
Date and Size: 6/26/2008 02:11:24, 457216 bytes

------------------------
Disk & DVD/CD-ROM Drives
------------------------
Drive: C:
Free Space: 513.7 GB
Total Space: 700.0 GB
File System: NTFS
Model: ST3750630AS

Drive: D:
Free Space: 7.9 GB
Total Space: 15.4 GB
Model: ST3750630AS

Drive: E:
Model: Optiarc DVD+-RW AD-7200S
Driver: c:\windows\system32\drivers\cdrom.sys, 6.00.6002.18005 (English), , 0 bytes

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

However i also have a new problem, I have the girl Doll Dressed file in my game, I looked through my files, using the custard program,
However all i did was uncheck the files that showed the girl doll dressed file, usually it was only a thumbnail.
I left the other files checked and then saved and rechecked file it no longer showed.

I went through all my files in the download section of my ea game folder located in my Documents, Am I forgetting a step, is there a tut out there
some where with step by step instructions to get ride of this doll in game totally, or what cause the dern doll still shows up in my kids section toys in game.
I thought I got them all. Unless I have to check other files in other parts of the folder, if I do which parts are these and where can I find them thanks.
In the Arena
retired moderator
#21 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 7:46 AM Last edited by ellacharm3d : 15th Jun 2010 at 7:58 AM.
The specs looks good.

Using CUSTARD to edit a Sims3Pack would not alter the state of the already-installed item in Launcher. For that you need to remove it via the Installed Content tab.

All your earlier posts up top about how you have removed CC, how exactly did you do this? How can you still have the Doll if you had removed ALL CC? Removing CC must always be accompanied by removing *caches and thumbnails. See Issues sticky for instructions - under "Glitches" section.

The easiest step I would say at this point is to rename the current /Docs/EA/TS3 to something else and then restart a new game vanilla, so a fresh TS3 folder could be regenerated.

Then check each and every Sims3Pack you have in CUSTARD and remove the thumbnail and .package file for that Doll (it's filename has been posted on the BBS and various blogs), plus any other known bad content (eg the deform-children-making ones, and badly categorized ones too). Only after having gone through each file and check their contents, should you install them.

That's the peril you have to live with if one downloads from the Exchange - an un-moderated upload center is BAD! My advice? Chuck the whole lot!
There are better made stuff on other fansites forums and blogs.

Good hunting!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#22 Old 16th Jun 2010 at 2:00 AM Last edited by purpleto2800 : 16th Jun 2010 at 6:28 PM.
Default thanks for responding
I did clean out the cache, and the doll, and the thumbnails However I didn't remove the actual package file the doll showed up in. I do notice however that when no cc is in my game I have no issues with the game what so ever no crashes etc: No problem saving... however now that I have new cc from the exchange and TSR and some from here it is crashing a lot and only when I try to save. I do not however have a whole lot of cc, mainly the store products from the sims site, and a few patterns from here. Hair from TSR and here as well, cloths not so much of if any at all. Objects I got from only one other site and that is it. Not really sure what to do, I do not want to look for more cc, and I certainly went through the custard program to clean the files out from the doll. I can not remember which files they were to delete the whole package. Could this be why my game is crashing because I deleted the thumbnail only and not the package file?
P.S. I deleted the doll as well in my installed content and then did the custard program, that is where I deleted the thumbnail picture of her and not the actual package.

As far as this part right what you said about:

"All your earlier posts up top about how you have removed CC, how exactly did you do this? How can you still have the Doll if you had removed ALL CC? Removing CC must always be accompanied by removing *caches and thumbnails. See Issues sticky for instructions - under "Glitches" section."

I can not find that sticky note or the issues section and glitches can you send me a link please thanks.
In the Arena
retired moderator
#23 Old 16th Jun 2010 at 7:34 PM
Issues sticky - near the top of Page 1 of this forum. The Glitches section is under the purple header named "Glitches".

To answer your question on the Doll
- removing just the thumbnail picture from the .Sims3Pack with CUSTARD after it has been installed in Launcher,
- without removing it from Installed Content tab,
- without deleting *caches and thumbnails would not uninstall the Doll from within the game.
Removing the .package file in DCBackup folder also does nothing to the content already in game.

Is that still in Twinbrook? Where you have all this crashing?
Could you simply play it vanilla, no CC on a new SunsetValley game (not any save games!) and tell me if it crash after, say, 2-5 hrs of gameplay. Or even longer...You can simply rename the Sims 3 folder (containing your saves and CC) in Documents again to something like "The Sims 3 Backup".

Once we're done testing, you can rename this new one to "The Sims 3 NoCCTest" or something (or simply delete if you don't care to keep it) and rename the "The Sims 3 Backup" back to "The Sims 3" to get all your files back intact (albeit glitchy).

If this new, CC-free SunsetValley game never crash after hours/days of gameplay, then we can confirm one or more of the CC is corrupted/broken.
Then, you might have to ditch your save files and go through your CC list to find the problem content.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#24 Old 16th Jun 2010 at 11:19 PM Last edited by purpleto2800 : 17th Jun 2010 at 12:01 AM.
Yes this is in TwinBrook,when I am saving the game is when it crashes,
Tested this out on my own, - I can play with no cc no problem, all day all night no problems come back next day could play all day all night with saved game from night before played like this with out cc for three four days no problems what so ever.
Dumped all old cc and went and found new cc, put new cc in game crashes when I go to save, Right now I am checking through all cc for any bad files or doll for that matter. So far so good, haven't found doll yet or no bad files I have all my saved cc, in different folder to which they came from such as TSR cc goes in TSR folder, Sims3site in sims3site folder, mod the sims in mod the sims folder makes it easier for me to find what site the problem came from as well as what file.

Ok so I went through all my cc with the package cleaner custard.

I found three package files that held the doll these three files also came from the exchange, grrr they were a collection thing not sure if the lady is aware that she has them in there as they look like just thumbnail that is infected with the doll, needless to say I deleted the whole package files, and then the only ones I couldn't check are the mod the sims files that go into the mod folder, there are no mods in that folder just regular cc, patterns hair maybe, and clothes possible but not really sure haven't really been downloading clothes sooo that being said I am gonna try my game and see what happens, won't test till later however I am going to try to go to the lake. So anyway we will see what happens all package files seem to be fine other then that,.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#25 Old 20th Jun 2010 at 4:52 PM Last edited by ellacharm3d : 22nd Jun 2010 at 8:07 AM. Reason: spam? no thx, am on a diet. :)
New Prob Different computer.
ok new problem different computer:
My husbands computer, we installed the Sims 3 and all Stuff packs and EP packs to his computer:
With no I repeat NO CC at all in it, orignal everything right from the games themselves not even cc from the Sims3 store is on there.. ok. No cc no mods no nothing.
My daughter played for severaldays if not a couple weeks without any problem what so ever, in fact i was jealous she was able to play with out interuption, but just recently with in the last two times she played
yesterday and a couple days before that, has she been having this trouble.

When saving the game crashes to desktop:
When playing for not reason it crashed to desktop:
this has happened three times one save crash and two crash to desktop for no reason while playing.

Here is his specs for his computer I would of put them in the same form as I did in my first original post but some of his wording is different then my comp so here is the whole thing thanks in advance guys.

P.S. I just cleared all cache file out with custard. Just in case.

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 6/20/2010, 10:38:30
Machine name: TROY-PC
Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6002) Service Pack 2 (6002.vistasp2_gdr.100218-0019)
System Manufacturer: HP-Pavilion
System Model: KY811AA-ABA e9120y
BIOS: BIOS Date: 03/30/09 21:39:24 Ver: 5.01
Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 910 Processor (4 CPUs), ~2.6GHz
Memory: 8190MB RAM
Page File: 3106MB used, 13490MB available
DirectX Version: DirectX 11

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: ATI Radeon HD 4350
Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.
Chip type: ATI Radeon Graphics Processor (0x954F)
DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_954F&SUBSYS_16131462&REV_00
Display Memory: 3315 MB
Dedicated Memory: 504 MB
Shared Memory: 2811 MB
Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor: HP 2159 Series Wide LCD Monitor
Driver Name: atidxx32,atidxx64.dll,atiumdag,atiumdva,atiumd64.dll,atiumd6a.cap,atitmm64.dll
Driver Version: 7.15.0010.0176 (English)
DDI Version: 10.1
BGRA Supported: No
Driver Date/Size: 4/29/2009 02:13:18, 2391552 bytes
-------------
Sound Devices
-------------
Description: Realtek Digital Output (Realtek High Definition Audio)
Default Sound Playback: No
Default Voice Playback: No
Hardware ID: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0888&SUBSYS_103C2A93&REV_1002
Manufacturer ID: 1
Product ID: 100
Type: WDM
Driver Name: RTKVHD64.sys
Driver Version: 6.00.0001.5789 (English)
WHQL Logo'd: Yes
Date and Size: 2/11/2009 15:39:24, 1708192 bytes

------------------------
Disk & DVD/CD-ROM Drives
------------------------
Drive: C:
Free Space: 631.9 GB
Total Space: 939.6 GB
Model: WDC WD10 EADS-65L5B1 SCSI Disk Device

Drive: D:
Free Space: 1.4 GB
Total Space: 14.3 GB
Model: WDC WD10 EADS-65L5B1 SCSI Disk Device

Drive: E:
Model: TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS-H653Z SCSI CdRom Device
Driver: c:\windows\system32\drivers\cdrom.sys, 6.00.6002.18005 (English), , 0 bytes

Drive: F:
Model: ATAPI BD O DH4O3S SCSI CdRom Device

just hoping someone will see this that can help me,
Page 1 of 2