Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Jun 2013 at 5:02 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Default Game won't load/crashes after 1.55 update
Hello! I just updated to 1.55 and every time I run the game I get the black screen with the blue circle loading icon for, well, for longer than normal (about 3 minutes) before it flat out crashes. I get the following dialog box: "Sims 3 - Sims 3 has stopped working - A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available. - Close program"

I assumed some incompatible CC was the problem, so I removed my entire Mods folder. Still didn't help. So I removed my entire Downloads and DCBackup and DC...whatever the other one is, folders. Still not working.

Help, please T__T
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 21st Jun 2013 at 10:42 PM
It happens exactly the same to me T_T

Can anybody help us, please?
Test Subject
#3 Old 22nd Jun 2013 at 9:48 AM Last edited by TWillis : 22nd Jun 2013 at 9:50 AM. Reason: Adding warning for simmers
Default Game won't load/crashes after 1.55 update Reply to Thread
Hey Guys, I don't know if this will help everyone but it sure helped me. I just reinstalled the Sims 3 base game. Before you uninstall the base game be sure to take the Sims 3 folder(found in documents) and drag it to the desktop. This will save custom content etc. Reinstall Sims 3 base game of course. Then I updated the game with the SuperPatch 1.55. Updating with the Superpatch----> you won't have to reinstall all your Ep's.
Here's where the Superpatch is located: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/175477.page After you update with the new patch, you should have a new Sims 3 folder. Now be careful here don't just replace the sims 3 folder with the old one you have. Just replace the folders to put back in custom content, your saves and etc. Plus the game should run a bit faster after this process. I will say I got passed this problem... now I'm just having trouble loading my family. but hey my game is up a running. Hope this helps p.s please and I repeat PLEASE ask questions if your confused on how to do this
Test Subject
#4 Old 22nd Jun 2013 at 11:37 AM
I'm having the same problem, black screen freeze and I can't install or uninstall any sims3packs in the launcher either.
Test Subject
#5 Old 23rd Jun 2013 at 3:07 AM
Me as well! Help!
Test Subject
#6 Old 23rd Jun 2013 at 5:55 AM
Tried TWillis suggestion and it worked like a charm!!
Test Subject
#7 Old 23rd Jun 2013 at 10:21 AM
Which file folders exactly are the ones to put back?
Alchemist
#8 Old 23rd Jun 2013 at 12:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Terri6589
Which file folders exactly are the ones to put back?

Well, at least...

DCBackup (at least the ccmerged.package -file inside it)
DCCache
Downloads
Saves
Saved Sims (if you have saved any in CAS)
Installed worlds
Library (Lots)
Mods (if you have it)
Test Subject
#9 Old 23rd Jun 2013 at 12:52 PM
So I did all that was suggested and I'm still having the same issues even after reinstalling and super patching and replacing my files back. I previously took everything out and ran the game and it worked but as soon as I replaced the files back (mods,savedsims, etc) the problem is back. ;_;
Alchemist
#10 Old 23rd Jun 2013 at 1:07 PM
So I did all that was suggested and I'm still having the same issues even after reinstalling and super patching and replacing my files back. I previously took everything out and ran the game and it worked but as soon as I replaced the files back (mods,savedsims, etc) the problem is back. ;_;

Then you know where the problem lies. Try placing few folders at first; Saves, Saved Sims, Library and installed worlds. Leave the Mods, Downloads, DCCache and DCBackup folders out. See how it goes then.
Test Subject
#11 Old 23rd Jun 2013 at 5:14 PM Last edited by Gaviooota : 23rd Jun 2013 at 7:17 PM.
I already unistalled and then reinstalled the base game in order to upgrade to 1.55, but I didn't move out the "The Sims 3" folder :/ I'll do it again like you say and upgrading with the superpatch this time, because last time I upgraded with the launcher. Let's see if it works. Thanks for your help!

Edit: Instead of upgrading to 1.55 I've upgraded to 1.50 and now the game loads perfectly! =D
Test Subject
#12 Old 23rd Jun 2013 at 9:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gaviooota
I already unistalled and then reinstalled the base game in order to upgrade to 1.55, but I didn't move out the "The Sims 3" folder :/ I'll do it again like you say and upgrading with the superpatch this time, because last time I upgraded with the launcher. Let's see if it works. Thanks for your help!

Edit: Instead of upgrading to 1.55 I've upgraded to 1.50 and now the game loads perfectly! =D

How did you manage to get it to only patch to 1.50? Is there a place I can find the incremental patches?
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 24th Jun 2013 at 12:56 AM
I have the same problem, but i've discovered that in my case it's because of the CC; .packages to be exact, clothes, objects and hair were the ones that made the game not load. Wonder if the new update has changed rigs again :/

I'm testing now getting a couple of packages at a time and trying to launch the game, some times i'm lucky and it loads, others doesn't and i have to re-test.

Also discovered that for example in Hair folder what made the game not load were two eyebrows, from the same creator, same eyebrows with slight differences between them, like if they conflicted with each other more than with the game. Also a dress, one short version one long version conflicting with one another. Any idea why this happens?
#14 Old 24th Jun 2013 at 4:36 AM
Ok, I went and moved my folder to the desktop and put the base game disc in...

I'm not sure if anything loaded. It asked me if I wanted to download the latest patch and I said yes, and when I checked my EA folder, my Sims 3 folder had the basic stuff inside it, but the reason I'm not sure if it reloaded is that it didn't prompt me for anything but the patch and never went into any of the disc loading stuff. So I don't know if it's OK to go or if I need to somehow force it to reinstall or what.
Test Subject
#15 Old 24th Jun 2013 at 10:16 PM
how do you reinstall the base game.. the only way my pc allows me to do that is to uninstall and reinstall all the expansions first. im so frustrated
Test Subject
#16 Old 25th Jun 2013 at 1:52 AM
The problem seems to be in my DCCache and DCBackup files how should I go about fixing those?
In the Arena
retired moderator
#17 Old 25th Jun 2013 at 4:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Gaviooota
I found it here.
I've removed the post to the link, since we don't support cracks here, please read the PM. As such, until you can install and show us that you're not using cracks in your game, we cannot provide support when your game breaks.

Quote: Originally posted by Raisheal
How did you manage to get it to only patch to 1.50? Is there a place I can find the incremental patches?
You can find the official links from EA in our Patch_Download page to the Archived -> The Sims 3 section.Game_Help:TS3_Patching:Patch_Downloadwiki
#18 Old 26th Jun 2013 at 3:46 AM
I still can't play my game at all. Can someone please help me? It won't load at all now.
Test Subject
#19 Old 26th Jun 2013 at 4:25 PM
I am having this problem too! I installed the 1.55 update yesterday and ever since my game will not get past the second loading screen (the one to load your chosen game). The bar will move to just past a quarter of the way along and then it just stalls, it keeps playing the music and the ring keeps turning but the tips don't change and the bar never gets any further. I am so frustrated! Is there any chance that EA will do something to sort this? I am not very confident with uninstalling/reinstalling etc as I am sure I will muck something up catastrophically ending in never being able to play again! If I system restored my computer to the day before yesterday (before I installed the update) would this solve the problem? Could I then just wait for a later update that might not be so troublesome? Why does sims 3 seem so riddled with problems? I have only come to it recently, before having happily playing sims 2 for years. I am now starting to regret the change over!
In the Arena
retired moderator
#20 Old 26th Jun 2013 at 5:31 PM
Everybody with a crashing issue need to go through the Crashing Checklist (link in my signature) and provide the answers to the questionnaire and start your own thread. If you already have your own thread, then please do the checklist and answer the questions, too.

If you don't know what the questions are asking for, or you don't understand the instructions, then state that and the question# you're stuck at, or what you need explanation on.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 27th Jun 2013 at 10:10 PM
After posting here about my CC, problem that kept on happening, i went back and all my sims3packs had been deleted. I gave up, uninstalled all and reinstalled patching just up to 1.50 until someone finds a way to fix the many problems 1.55 is causing or until the next patch. I prefer to keep my CC and s3p instead of losing it all for an update :/
Test Subject
#22 Old 28th Jun 2013 at 2:05 PM
I was having the same issues where the game would load up to about 99% and then stop. I don’t have many hacks and mods, but I have a lot of custom content. I was finally able to pinpoint which mods (there were 2 of mine) were causing the issue by looking at what was updated in the patch.
Pretty much any hacks that have to do with the following will probably affect your game from loading:
ghosts, the angel of death, hacks involving adding or changing lot sizes or placements of lots, swimming in the beach, special effects…

For me, it was the hacks and mods causing the issue. I just went 1-by-1 and placed them back in my game to see what was causing the conflict. All is well now SO FAR and I hope the same for you.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 29th Jun 2013 at 5:59 PM
Default game won't load crashes after 1.55
for days now I'm trying to get my game up to play it won't install The base game is ok than WA it's crashes all the time, did everything, now i'm getting very mad.
This is the CLA result:

Processor Name: Intel Pentium III Xeon-processor
Processor Architecture: x86
Graphics Processor: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 (1 GiB)
Antiviruses: AVG AntiVirus Free Edition 2013, Microsoft Security Essentials

Games Installed: The Sims™ 3 (1.55.4.022002), De Sims™ 3 Wereldavonturen (2.17.2.011032)
Custom Content: Yes (2 found) no I did not put any CC in yet!

[UNKNOWN] 29-6-2013 17:49:55
OS Version: 5.1.2600
TS3 Path: C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\TS3W.exe
TS3 Version: 0.2.0.210
Installed RAM: 3,37 GiB
TS3 Free VM: 1,63 GiB / 2,50 GiB
Crash Type: ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x00000024
Crash Address: 0x006d9ef9 "C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\TS3W.exe":0x0001:0x002d8ef9

Please help,
Thanks in advance
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 29th Jun 2013 at 11:13 PM
The problem seems to be in my DCCache and DCBackup files how should I go about fixing those?

im getting the same problem with my DCCache folder
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 30th Jun 2013 at 3:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HazukiWolfe
im getting the same problem with my DCCache folder

I found this while researching problems for patch 1.55 (and Late Night). http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2013/0...in-dccache.html

When I installed the patch I deleted everything out of DCBackup and moved the DCCache contents to the desktop, I also moved all my patch compatible content out of the mod folder and updated. I moved everything back into DCCache, put the correct patch level content into my mod folder and my game runs just fine. I think everything is there and working. Hope this helps.
Locked thread | Locked by: ellacharmed Reason: no "me, too!" posts; it's confusing. pls start your own.
Page 1 of 2