Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 3:20 PM Last edited by no.1froggie : 16th Aug 2014 at 6:32 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Not responding solved
I have seen many posts on this topic and none are what is happening with mine. Here are my computer specs: Asus M4A78T-E motherboard, Quad 4 processor and 8g of ram. I have way more hard drive space on this computer than needed. I don't believe my computer is the problem. I have been playing the game for several months. I have CC and Mods. Every time I download a house or an outfit or hair or anything for that matter I get the black screen and the game is not responding. I have checked all my mods, they are all fine. I have even taken them out of my sims folders and moved them so the game doesn't run them and still nothing. I have even moved all of my downloads, nothing. I went through just last night and moved my sims 3 folder and renamed it and had the game create a new folder and went through and added 1 by 1 my folders back in and checked the game every time. It loaded just fine. I put all my downloads in and it loaded just fine. Put the mods back in and loaded just fine. This morning I added 1 house and I go back in to play and I get the black screen again and its not responding. Why is it every single time I download something it does this? its every single time and every single time I have to go through so many checks before it loads. Its very frustrating. I also have the sims3dashboard and it says nothing is conflicting and all for sims3 so I don't have any sims2 content.

I have tried taking everything out again and having the game make new files and this time its not working. still not responding with a black screen.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 7:31 PM
Not sure, but maybe it's the graphics card?

So, you added the house in the Downloads folder, installed it with the launcher? And then, you click the play button and it turns black?

A launcher problem perhaps?
Does it work if you bypass the launcher?

Have a look here: #1 seems to apply.
http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...ing%20Checklist
Theorist
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 7:43 PM Last edited by no.1froggie : 13th Aug 2014 at 7:55 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by 310175
Not sure, but maybe it's the graphics card?

So, you added the house in the Downloads folder, installed it with the launcher? And then, you click the play button and it turns black?

A launcher problem perhaps?
Does it work if you bypass the launcher?

Have a look here: #1 seems to apply.
http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...ing%20Checklist

Have tried bypassing the launcher. That didn't help. Even tried the custom launcher on mod the sims. I am currently reinstalling all of the downloads little by little. About half way through now and its loading. Even the 1 house I downloaded is now installed and still loading. The graphics card is fine. More than enough to handle the game. Will continue to load the content and see what happens. If it all goes back in fine and still loads I just might be done downloading anything from now on. This is just to time consuming to try to figure out what is wrong with the game. It is so tempermental!

Also I have about 800 custom content and several mods so I'm not new to putting these things on and it just started doing this a few days ago. haven't added any mods in over a week either.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 8:15 PM
Sorry, I couldn't help. I had a similar issue and creating a new "The Sims 3" folder helped me. I don't use the EA launcher, so I thought maybe that was it. Good luck!
Theorist
Original Poster
#5 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 9:04 PM
Sorry, I couldn't help. I had a similar issue and creating a new "The Sims 3" folder helped me. I don't use the EA launcher, so I thought maybe that was it. Good luck!

that's ok, creating new folders last night worked so I thought I'd do it again but no luck. This time I just tried reinstalling slowing the content and so far that is all now in and it still loads. Got half of my mods in now and so far still loading. It really just makes no sense. Like I said, just started this a week ago. If I add just 1 item to the downloads it just doesn't want to load. Its almost like its changing something. Never used to do that. Just makes no sense that's why I thought I would try here and ask because none of the answers of other people's problems was working and theirs wasn't really the same thing as mine. Almost there so wish me luck! Hopefully lol
Theorist
Original Poster
#6 Old 15th Aug 2014 at 6:37 PM
*Update* The game has been running and loading fine since I reloaded everything. I happen to read somewhere online someone had said that when you try to install to many items at a time it doesn't install correctly. I have done more testing on that idea and as long as I install 30 items or less at a time it loads up just fine. As long as I don't install more than 4 lots at a time it loads just fine. Just a thought for others to try if they are experiencing the same problem I was. I would much rather take the time to install less at a time then have to go through and redo everything, expecially If you are like me and have over 800 custom items.
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 15th Aug 2014 at 7:12 PM
Excellent!

I kept wondering. You might want to change the thread title to "solved" in case someone actually does a search first before they post about a problem they have.
Theorist
Original Poster
#8 Old 16th Aug 2014 at 6:31 PM
Excellent!

I kept wondering. You might want to change the thread title to "solved" in case someone actually does a search first before they post about a problem they have.

Thank you, didn't know you could do that