Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Cheat Shortcuts

by plasticbox Posted 21st Dec 2014 at 11:49 PM - Updated 20th Feb 2015 at 7:25 PM by plasticbox

192 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 105 Feedback Posts, 86 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 8
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#51 Old 13th Mar 2015 at 10:42 AM
Such a time saver, Thank You!
Test Subject
#52 Old 19th Mar 2015 at 8:45 AM
i cant find this short cut
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#53 Old 23rd Mar 2015 at 2:25 PM
PB I was wondering if you can add the Maid Buff. I'm working on a Android Sim (useing captainkyokyo's Robot traits) and I think it'll nice for her to clean the House Automatically.

sims.add_buff buff_buff_Role_ServiceNPC_Maid
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#54 Old 24th Mar 2015 at 9:53 AM
See the first post on how to edit this. I'm not going to do it for you.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
#55 Old 28th Mar 2015 at 2:10 AM Last edited by puce0204 : 3rd Apr 2015 at 7:33 PM.
It seems that this mod is incompatible with the latest game patch (March 26, 2015)

Edit : scumbumbo has given me the solution : "Check that the update didn't disable script mods in your game options - the updates do that to pretty much everyone's machine but mine. Wish I knew why mine doesn't turn it off, but I'm just glad that it doesn't!"
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#56 Old 28th Mar 2015 at 2:11 AM
I'm using it and haven't noticed any issues. What exactly are you tyring to do that does not work?

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#57 Old 30th Mar 2015 at 2:39 PM
great help
Field Researcher
#58 Old 1st Apr 2015 at 1:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
I'm using it and haven't noticed any issues. What exactly are you tyring to do that does not work?

I am also having issues. It just doesn't work. I've tried using shortcuts, but the only thing that works is typing the whole thing out. If I try to use the shortcuts, nothing happens.

Check out my site: SIMple Realty
Slacker of Immense Slackness
retired moderator
#59 Old 3rd Apr 2015 at 5:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mstybl95
I am also having issues. It just doesn't work. I've tried using shortcuts, but the only thing that works is typing the whole thing out. If I try to use the shortcuts, nothing happens.

I am getting Unable To Execute Command as of 3 April here in Australia - weird was ok last night

<:3))~~ Loverat
"In some cultures what I do is considered normal"

www.loverat.net Check it out for other recolours & lot uploads =D
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#60 Old 3rd Apr 2015 at 8:53 AM
Unable to Exectue when you use what command exactly?

In any case, should GTW or some other EP/GP ever disable or change commands, you can change the file yourself. It's just a text file. See post 1. Since I don't have any EPs, I won't make these changes (but I'd like to know about issues with EPs so I can put the info in the first post).

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#61 Old 5th Apr 2015 at 3:18 AM
Thankyou! This will save me soooooo much time, and I managed to add a couple of extra ones that I use a lot too. I love your work! :3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#62 Old 6th Apr 2015 at 6:08 AM
thanks for this mod i never use mods but i can see this as a must have so i downloaded it for use.
Test Subject
#63 Old 9th Apr 2015 at 10:54 PM
Scripts option is on, no error just nothing. Commands are still the same.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#64 Old 16th Apr 2015 at 12:33 AM
ThANKS AGAIN
Test Subject
#65 Old 18th Apr 2015 at 8:21 PM
Script not working; When attempting to use a command I receive the error "Unable to execute command."

I've attempted to re-install the script, tinker with changing the commands/what button to use to load them, ended up reusing the original file. I've checked every command to see if any work, none did. I have GTW, Outdoor Retreat, and the latest patch. Scripts are enabled (I have disabled, re-enabled them aswell.). Still nothing seems to work.

If you can provide any assistance or reasoning for this cause, it'd be much appreciated! More or less given up on trying to fix it alone. If anyone reading this as well encountered this issue and managed to fix it. Please message me!
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#66 Old 18th Apr 2015 at 8:45 PM
It works for me with the latest patch installed, so the patch is not a problem. I don't know if they disabled or changed any cheats in GtW since I don't have that. Maybe try checking the patch notes to see if that mentions anything? Are there any game hints or somesuch new in GtW?

Test Subject
#67 Old 18th Apr 2015 at 9:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
It works for me with the latest patch installed, so the patch is not a problem. I don't know if they disabled or changed any cheats in GtW since I don't have that. Maybe try checking the patch notes to see if that mentions anything? Are there any game hints or somesuch new in GtW?

Scanned through the patch notes and don't see anything recently relevant to editing the cheats. :c
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#68 Old 19th Apr 2015 at 12:52 AM
So it magically started working when I loaded up the Sims 4 as of now. Heh...... Anyways, thanks for the mod. Loving it!

[Well re-inform if it happens to want to stop working again (Really hope not :s)]
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#69 Old 26th Apr 2015 at 1:23 PM
Awesome timesaver
Test Subject
#70 Old 27th Apr 2015 at 9:01 PM
I have GTW and the shortcuts aren't working for me. I don't guarantee that there isn't another problem... I've been having issues ever since installing GTW. If anyone can confirm whether it's working or not, please let me know.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#71 Old 27th Apr 2015 at 9:23 PM
See two posts above you where a GTW user confirms that it does work. Check that script mods are still enabled, I'd say.

Test Subject
#72 Old 2nd May 2015 at 1:36 AM
Is this working for mac?
Test Subject
#73 Old 2nd May 2015 at 3:58 AM
Anyone else got any ideas about why it isn't working for some people?

It's in the right folder, script mods is checked, and it shows up in the mod list in-game. I even Right-clicked, Properties, Unblock'd it, but no dice. No errors or anything, just no commands do anything in-game - casf, ssk, shortcuts, etc.

Yes, this is with GtW.

Edit: Scratch this, I just can't read instructions - since the other scripts I used didn't have to be unzipped, I didn't unzip this one. After re-reading the instructions I did, and now it works.

To reiterate the instructions, you want the folders like The Sims 4/Mods/shortcuts/Scripts/
Test Subject
#74 Old 3rd May 2015 at 1:54 AM
Another question: anyone know how to create your own? I'm looking at the text file but I'm just not sure how to do it - I'd love a shortened version of modifyrelationships, since the full thing is "modifyrelationships name lname name lname # friendship_main" and just typing "mr name lname name lname f" would make it so much easier haha.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#75 Old 5th May 2015 at 8:55 PM
I thought I'd let you know that this seems to not be working with with the May 4 update. I'm guessing because of them making changes to the testing cheats. The cheat console will not display correctly and some cheats will work and some won't won't no matter if I'm using the shortcut or typing it out.
Page 3 of 8