Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Feb 2015 at 12:31 AM
Default MODs for Mac Version
I've been out of the Sims world and when I got back, holy cow, an expansion and a mac version. So before I get rid of my bootcamp does anyone tested the MODs on mac? Any differences?

Cheers!
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 21st Feb 2015 at 12:36 AM
I'm not sure about the differences myself, as I don't have a mac, however many users were reporting crashes upon launch or attempting to select the cc downloaded etc... This was patched today for Mac users for the most part it seems. Welcome back.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 21st Feb 2015 at 1:16 AM
There won't be a difference between mods on the mac and windows versions as the game itself is identical. Only issues related to porting (such as reading files, path names etc) would be different and those issues are being worked on. There will be no need to have separate mac versions or even having to test them separately (unless, again, there are bugs left from porting). Right now we are not sure all those issues are resolved, so if you have the space I suggest you install and play the mac version before removing the boot camp installation. (Also make sure you have a proper Resource.cfg, the mac version is a bit pickier. You can copy mine if you are unsure: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u...s/Resource.cfg).
Test Subject
#4 Old 22nd Feb 2015 at 10:57 PM
honestly I would recommend sticking with the windows version until the rough parts have smoothed themselves out. I migrated from windows and deleted my parallels and windows so that I could play primarily on my MAC and its been a nightmare. There is a maximum amt of CC you can have installed and the work around is a terminal command that needs to be entered everytime you login even then that doesn't guarantee itll work. The game crashes sporadically, and trying to access the gallery at times is a nightmare. My games won't save, its just been horrible and I regret ever buying this. I couldn't play it on the windows version because it would lag and malfunction at times but the MAC made it 10x times worst.
Test Subject
#5 Old 22nd Feb 2015 at 11:00 PM
I will say that whenever I remove al CC it seems to work just fine. But CC is a huge part of the game for me.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#6 Old 23rd Feb 2015 at 3:12 AM
Moving to Help. Please see this announcement: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/dis...ims-4-on-mac/p1

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
#7 Old 26th Feb 2015 at 10:36 PM
i have mac but no censor mod don't work any one know were i can get one for mac all the cc i have is about 25 have not had a problem but i see something i like better i get rid one so i don't go over 25

If there's a problem, there's always a solution.