Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#151 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 3:24 AM Last edited by scottiedoag : 13th Apr 2017 at 7:41 PM. Reason: Added foundation pic
I've never entered a competition before so I'm nervous! I used to post a long time agp but then I got too ill to do much and i just spent 15 of the last 18 months in hospital. The upshot of that was the loss of one leg above the knee so now I have plenty of time!
So without further ado meet my Wilsons - Bob and Mel. Mel wants to have a family but she also has a great thirst for knowledge. Bob is often seen skilling but when asked about his job he will only say "I could tell you but then I'd have to recruit you".
They are both looking forward to this fresh start in their new home and the birth of their first child.
I'm not sure if I understand about uploading images so hopefully this will work. Not that the photography is any good. I don't think I'm a very visual person but hopefully I can learn from the competition same goes for my less than stellar building skills! LOL All and any tips gratefully received.
Scottiedoag

Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#152 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 3:28 AM
@scottiedoag Hi. Wow, that is quite something to have to go through. Don't be nervous, everyone is welcome.

First thing is to put all but the first shot under spoiler tags. Take a look at the other entries and you will see how they only show the first picture. This keeps the thread tidy and helps it to load faster.

Do you know how to make spoiler tags?

Just in case you don't, here's how. [spoiler] Pictures in here [#spoiler] Just remove that # symbol and replace it with the slash /

Your pictures are good enough for me to say welcome to the contest, your application is approved.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#153 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 3:30 AM
@scottiedoag
The exterior of this little house of yours..makes me think of a little country cottage you would rent for the summer. i really love the feel

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Lab Assistant
#154 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 3:39 AM
Hi
Yep joandsarah77 I spotted what i'd done wrong with the spoiler thing. I googled then copy and pasted the answer but forgot to remove the spaces. I'm blaming my pain meds and I'm sticking to that story.
Thank you Rosebine. There are a lot of stone buildings here not exactly like this but close enough. I'm trying to replicate them in a sims 3 town I'm cawing but that's another story entirely!
Scottiedoag
Top Secret Researcher
#155 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 3:53 AM
@Rosebine They were coming up as .bmp and are 1280 x 800 (I have to check the size, but I think that is A-OK)

@joandsarash77 Thank you for the tips. I am figuring things out thanks to everyone being so nice with beginners! It's appreciated.

@Voeille Thank you for the tip! I'm getting there with the photos and am excited to at least share my "box" (even if I have to re-do/cannot join), since everyone has helped me get this far!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#156 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 4:00 AM
This is partly why I made this a foundation challenge, so that anyone new to building has a starting shape that isn't a box.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#157 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 4:31 AM Last edited by Goldenbtrfly : 13th Apr 2017 at 9:35 AM.
This was fun to work on (using no CC! Woo!) and boy-oh-boy have I learned so much in just a few days already! I'm ready to learn more. I'm submitting a house for application/entry.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#158 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 4:39 AM
Welcome @Goldenbtrfly

~Call me Jo~
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#159 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 4:47 AM Last edited by gdayars : 14th Apr 2017 at 6:35 AM.
Ok here is my application I haven't ever entered a building contest before soooo here goes!

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#160 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 4:54 AM
@gdayars Welcome to the contest.

Only 4 spots left.

~Call me Jo~
Instructor
#161 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 4:57 AM Last edited by Mordant17 : 14th Apr 2017 at 1:01 AM. Reason: Adding pictures of the back and foundation
Default Application Round
I've finally managed to find out about a contest before it's too late! I'm super excited about this, the foundation challenges have always looked like fun.

Mad Poster
#162 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 4:59 AM
@Goldenbtrfly
Very beautiful! I love the colors..everything fits so well together.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#163 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 5:03 AM
Welcome @Mordant17

Only 3 spots left.

~Call me Jo~
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
#164 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 6:27 AM Last edited by justJones : 13th Apr 2017 at 6:48 AM.
I really hate starter houses...

That being said, here's my practically starter house

Yes, I know I could have had more pics, but I didn't really feel like there were anymore I could take, lol.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#165 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 6:33 AM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 13th Apr 2017 at 6:47 AM.
Welcome @justJones

New photo rules up.
These will help the judges see if the foundation is there and the roof and garden more clearly.
If you can add the required shots to your entry.

~ Thanks

~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#166 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 6:57 AM
@Voeille: How do you hide stuff in walls?

I really like your house, it looks very modern!
Top Secret Researcher
#167 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 6:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
@Goldenbtrfly
Very beautiful! I love the colors..everything fits so well together.

Thank you, Rosebine! Everyone's homes are awesome, I would download every single one. I'm so surprised at how different they are turning out. It's hard to find starter homes under a "starter budget" with no CC even (*gasp*), so these are making my grabby hands go crazy!
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#168 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 7:30 AM
I've got mine almost finished, but for the sake of the newbies, I'm going to wait until tomorrow evening to continue working on it. If I don't make it in before you get your 20, I think I'll just do mine as a play-along.
Lab Assistant
#169 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 7:46 AM Last edited by Sweet Mystre : 4th Jul 2017 at 2:09 PM.
Hi

I would like to participate. I'm new at sharing pictures here so let's see if I followed the directions or got lost...again.

...working on replacing the Pictures...

*No CC and UC (all packs)
**Changed the second picture- it was a repeat. [/Spoiler]
Field Researcher
#170 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 8:16 AM
I see I am not on the list of contestants. Did I do something wrong?
Theorist
#171 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 8:38 AM
Wow .. it filled up fast. I think with Sweet Mystre and Aysarth's entries that comes to 20.

Don't suppose you wanna go to 25 do ya Jo :D
Mad Poster
#172 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 8:42 AM
At the rate this contest is going, we might wind up with 30! I haven't seen this popular a contest in some time.

While I'm not a judge, i didn't see any correction for Aysarth that would delay the entry. So that would indeed make 20?

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#173 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 8:55 AM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 13th Apr 2017 at 9:56 AM.
@Sweet Mystre Welcome to the contest.

Sorry @Aysarth I missed your post. I am adding you now. Welcome to the contest.

And that closes the table, 3 days and we are full!

Sorry CaliBrat. :/ I don't think I am allowed to go above 20 because of the judges. It takes quite a bit of work looking things over, writing up notes. But do feel free to play along. If enough want to play along I will make a 'Play Along' table.

~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#174 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 9:09 AM
I did my lot .. lol, did two of them actually as I wasn't sure if I liked the first one enough. When it came time to take the pics I was able to use Fraps to take them ok, but then my Paintshop Pro kept givin me issues as it did the other day. Don't know what's wrong with it other than after bein in it for a few minutes it'd crash. I may hafta uninstall it and reinstall it and see if that works.

No worries ... that's just how it goes sometimes.

Maybe when this one is over since it was such a big hit (at least here at the beginnin .. lol) ya might do another shortly after this one is over.
Top Secret Researcher
#175 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 9:38 AM
@joandsarah77 I wasn't sure if I needed to add a back shot of my lot. I added the diagonal back shot I have right now. If I need another, please do let me know and I'll take a blunt back shot of it to replace it. I did include the one of the foundation to show nothing was added or subtracted.

Page 7 of 106