Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
2 people viewing

Karen Lorraine

There are also 0 guests viewing too.

Latest Site News

MTS Movie Night #4 - posted on 19th Feb 2018 at 4:46 PM
Replies: 463 (Who?), Viewed: 12937 times.
Page 19 of 19
Needs Coffee
staff: moderator
#451 Old Today at 4:21 AM Last edited by joandsarah77 : Today at 4:34 AM.
You can all use as much cc as you like too, no bonus for cc free. if you feel like "Yikes my download folder is overflowing!" I suggest renaming your sims 2 folder and making yourself a fresh one where you can pile as much cc for this contest as you want to.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#452 Old Today at 5:06 AM
Thank you so much gdayars..for your help.. but it's not working..

I know the weather is bad there for you..so we can do this later this next week when the weather is better..

EDIT:

Thank you Jo for the comments on what I need to improve on and what you thought of the entry..
Scholar
#453 Old Today at 5:14 AM
I knew I shouldn't have starting taking pics, but often it's not until you do that you spot mistakes or something that needs changing. Back to the cc search and re-taking pics.
Turquoise Dragon
Original Poster
#454 Old Today at 5:41 AM
the timer has been started for this round
Instructor
#455 Old Today at 5:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yavannatw
I knew I shouldn't have starting taking pics, but often it's not until you do that you spot mistakes or something that needs changing. Back to the cc search and re-taking pics.

it's a hassle but I find that only when you start taking pics, "thinking OH im done everything's alright", will you spot your mistakes, things you lack, and things you could do better. you're not alone =)))

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdayars
the timer has been started for this round

sweet. I have done nothing yet happy building everyone!

I gave up my dream to earn a living.
Mad Poster
#456 Old Today at 8:43 AM Last edited by gazania : Today at 11:00 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yavannatw
Too much like cheating to me (although it is tempting... but no).

About as cheaty as I been getting with this lot is using some 0 and 1 Simoleon decorating items (the car statues and wall writing, for instance). I kind of like the challenge of trying to keep in range, and it's not like I have any chance of winning this, anyway!

(Looked cautiously at the playalong comments. Expected a book. Breathed sigh of relief.)

I found two things in my lot that didn't make me too happy, and yes, plant-plopping was one of them. In this case, I MIGHT have gotten away with the orderly approach since shopping mall plantings can have a sameness to them, but in the trendier and in many other strip malls, you will see things like vertical gardens and mixed planting arrangements, so that has been changing for a while. Gosh, I stink at gardening. I think someone here was going to start a landscaping contest. If I entered, it would probably be for comic relief.

My plant-arranging isn't as good with this lot as well, but at least I tried to use snapobjectstogrid and move_on to make the plants a little closer. I ran out of funding, though. I forgot in this game, 2000 Simoleons is NOT enough for anything but minimal landscaping. Sigh. I tried.

Another thing that bothered me on that previous lot was that the I thought the floor was a little dark. I was initially trying to strictly rein in the CC (and failed at it), and no other floor seemed to match what I was trying to do. When I put the lot in my new game (plays OK), I found a wood floor that picked up on the reddish-black tones (the red and black and darker accents were deliberate ... reminds me of older Asian restaurants in my youth), but was a shade or two lighter. I wished I thought of it earlier. OnayaW isn't the only one who looked at the lot after submission and thought, "Oh ... "

I'm still trying to restrain myself with CC on this lot, but not as much. I give up.

Thank you for the advice. Maybe for the beach and mountain lots, I'll remember to budget more for plants!

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Mad Poster
#457 Old Today at 11:28 AM
It was Voeille who was talking about a landscaping contest, if I remember correctly. Landscaping is probably one of my stronger points - especially compared to my building ones -, but I can always do with some improvement

I find this round hard. A bar sounded such a great idea. No I am not so sure anymore I do want it to be a bit of a surprise, so some of the normal bar things simply do not work Not sure I am going to get to 50 000 here, cc or not! And the landscaping is a bit .... harder than I anticipated when I chose the theme.

So I am off to the fermented fruit juice bar for inspiration

Windows 10 and the Ultimate Collection
http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=568275
Field Researcher
#458 Old Today at 11:39 AM
I agree with you Justpetro..I was thinking of the same thing..but with an entertainment area and after doing all my recolors for it..I'm just not sure anymore..

I will join you at the fermented fruit juice bar..
Needs Coffee
#459 Old Today at 12:39 PM
@Peni Griffin
@gazania
@broomhilda61
@Sunbee
@franfeliano
@yavannatw
@Kukamuukaanmuka

Did you all see your play along comments? http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...741#post5350741

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
The Great AntiJen
#460 Old Today at 1:03 PM
@broomhilda61 if you need to reset the resolution in game (re. Jo's comments), we can probably help you with that.

Polgannon: Who Murdered Blaise Penhaligan?
(3rd ed. neighbourhood now available with corrections). Poll: http://strawpoll.me/6689876

Polls: length of neighbourhood play: http://www.strawpoll.me/10908815 & http://www.strawpoll.me/10908842

Thread for yakking about making TS2 stuff
Needs Coffee
#461 Old Today at 1:15 PM
@Porkypine I just realized your play along was squished in with another-sorry! I bolded your name so you can find it now.

~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
#462 Old Today at 3:55 PM
@maxon Here's a picture of a pool.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#463 Old Today at 4:25 PM
I saw it, Jo, no worries! Joy Luck Club would've been slightly less bare with a higher budget - some of that Asian collection stuff is expensive! And I was mostly going with restrained Japanese simplicity rather than Chinese opulence (though there's no way to separate out all the real world cultures that they dumped into Takemizu).

I put down a lot and piled ice rink stuff onto it last night, but so far I'm not feeling it. The whole random heap only came to $25K, and it'd be a primarily outdoor venue, so likely to look even barer than the restaurant. Maybe I should do something else. I'd kind of like to save the stock show exhibit hall for the final phase, though, and ice skating is the big obvious omission from the mountain hood...

My husband has been gone for a few days, to his mother's funeral, so I've been a bit unsettled anyway. No doubt I'll be more focused once I pick him up this afternoon. I got my screenshot program working probably, anyhow! It's called Greenshot, in case Broomhilda can't get Fraps working. I didn't find it all that intuitive but now that I've figured out how to set everything up how I want it, it's painless, and it saves in .jpg so I can skip a step in processing the photos.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Lab Assistant
#464 Old Today at 5:04 PM
I'm googling bars, saloons, taverns, etc., and this pops up: https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/...vZsT6uE2o5_DEjA

Half-priced juice boxes everyday at happy hour at noon. No brawling in the sandbox out back.

There is fate. But it only takes you so far, because once you're there, it's up to you to make it happen. - Angel Stripper "Can't Hardly Wait"
Page 19 of 19