Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

MTS speed build challenge results - posted on 11th Nov 2018 at 8:38 PM
Replies: 27 (Who?), Viewed: 6021 times.
Page 2 of 2
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#26 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 11:14 PM
First, everything you have said is useful, even if I do have to spend a couple hours googling, processing, and experimenting. I really appreciate your looking at this with me.

I'd never used the pedestrian sign except as a model for VC. The Witch Crossing is pretty adorable and I notice it still has both walk and fly, not sure if that's useful, but maybe. I've played around with extracting the witch broom, too, but it's not there yet.

Ok, I hahahahahaha modified the hahahahahaha Community - Transport hahahahahaha, and it worked! She was at the Bowl & Dine and wanted to go home so she walked off the lot! Yay! Then, hahahahahaha, the broom appeared and flew home after her! I love this game so much!
Test Subject
#27 Old 26th Jun 2018 at 9:17 AM
Ha! "You go on without me, broomstick, i'll walk this time". Awesome. I'd just been wondering if placing the old bhavs you found, along with the Community - Transport from their EP, in a package in Downloads shouldn't in fact count as an overrun. The quick-and-dirty method, i guess, since those brooms would then gather dust.

saint_diana, true Ravenclaw
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#28 Old 26th Jun 2018 at 11:02 PM Last edited by Sunrader : 27th Jun 2018 at 2:12 AM.
I thought of that, too. I tried it, but it didn't work. I assume because that is already what is happening - maybe the later EP files (the ones we were looking at) are already over-writing those files in their older EP (the one from AL?). I replaced the interactions, tests, and transport. The menu says walk, but the witches still fly. With all this testing, I'm probably going to get used to it now. :P

Oh! I just realized that you wrote new text for the HP spells. That's funny, because I always had a lot of trouble using the spells because I didn't think it was fun to work so hard just to figure out what they were, and, unfortunately, I don't really know HP well, so I used yours as a base to rewrite them for myself. I rewrote simpler (and somewhat better than Maxis rhythmically) poems and named the spells with plain English names so I can find them quickly. Funny that I was using yours without realizing. Thank you for sharing that. Since I just rewrote them myself, I know how much work that was, and I couldn't have done it all if you hadn't extracted all the right stuff first.
Page 2 of 2