Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Feb 2018 at 11:41 PM
Default NO homework on non-home lots
I'm looking for a mod that keeps kids from doing homework away from home. When I have a child in a public lot that does homework, and an adult or other tries to talk to them, everybody, I mean EVERYBODY on the lot freezes up and can't move because of it. It happens at home too, but at least at home I can control the person trying to talk to the child.

So I'm wondering if anyone knows of a homework mod that prevents kids from doing homework on lots other than their own home.
Advertisement
Smeg Head
#2 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 6:09 AM Last edited by coolspear1 : 15th Feb 2018 at 6:21 AM.
The issue with all sims freezing up on a community lot, if a visiting child/teen starts doing homework, is a pain in the butt - as you correctly point out. And an issue Maxis say they fixed ages ago. But we've come to take those Maxis fix reports with a pinch of salt. They said load screen music will stop playing when you finally get to live mode, (two years ago for that fix) but I still get undying load music to this day. Pinch of fabricated salt, for sure.

When they say they've looked into a problem. Take it as read, as literal, that all they've done is look at it. Works for them, apparently.

Okay, the rules for homework don't matter a jot for all housed families that you have not played. Game does not punish them.

Homework - and its punishments for failing to do it - only matter for currently played families from one schoolday to the next.

I have a mod to remove the need for homework altogether, -(directly because of the freeze-up problem you mention) but that might not be your cup of tea as the mod effects other factors too. What I suggest as an alternative, is to jump into every family where there are homework-aged sims, remove homework books from their inventories, then kids will not be doing homework at home nor on community lots, where the freeze-up agony happens.

But now I'd like to thank Maxis for their diligent, proficient game fixes that truly stand the test of time. Where would we be without them. (Rhetorical.) That damned load music is still playing in my frikken head, right now!!! Make it stop!!! Ahhh!!!

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 8:14 PM
Thank you for the suggestion. I might just give that a try. I mean, I could always do "No autonomous homework" as well with MCCC, I hated to come to that. Sometimes they don't do their homework autonomously at home right away anyway, so I have to make them anyway.

I know what you mean about taking fixes with a pinch of salt. I often don't see the fixes at work in my game until several patches later. For example. When they cleaned up the relationship panel to no longer list all this stuff, I went onto the official forums insisting my game was broken and they informed me that was a patch fix from several patches ago. Um... and as for the Butler fix... I still get a different butler every time I go to a house with butlers.