Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

MTS Movie Night #4 - posted on 19th Feb 2018 at 4:46 PM
Replies: 2220 (Who?), Viewed: 128559 times.
Page 89 of 89
Instructor
#2201 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 9:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apsalar
I'm kinda hesitant about Seasons, since it's probably gonna be an expansion and they're bound to screw that up somehow. You just know something will go horribly wrong in the development, really bad decisions will be made, and everyone will be disappointed.

Let me have my unwarranted optimism while I can
Inventor
#2202 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 9:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Averex
Let me have my unwarranted optimism while I can

Sure, I'm not in a position to stop you. I have a corner of my brain dedicated to unwarranted optimism aswell.

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2203 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 10:42 PM
Quote:
I'm kinda hesitant about Seasons, since it's probably gonna be an expansion and they're bound to screw that up somehow. You just know something will go horribly wrong in the development, really bad decisions will be made, and everyone will be disappointed.

I keep asking myself what fundamental gameplay additions they could possibly add that are new.

TS1 (what little there was of weather in Vacation) offered up different vacation activities depending on the part of the island you visit.
TS2 was the first seasons pack, offering up changes to how Sims interact with their worlds based on the season active.
TS3 was great with the inclusion of holidays and festivals/lots that changed based on the season (which players could freely customize themselves).

For TS4, what new gameplay can they add that we didn't have previously?

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Field Researcher
#2204 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 11:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix54
I keep asking myself what fundamental gameplay additions they could possibly add that are new.

TS1 (what little there was of weather in Vacation) offered up different vacation activities depending on the part of the island you visit.
TS2 was the first seasons pack, offering up changes to how Sims interact with their worlds based on the season active.
TS3 was great with the inclusion of holidays and festivals/lots that changed based on the season (which players could freely customize themselves).

At this point it would already be nice if they just kept the old interactions because I'm like 90% sure they'll cut out stuff or split it into multiple packs. I actually do think they'll add seasonal festivals because they could be pretty much like the festivals from City Living with the same food booths we have in San Myshuno and the new adventure pack. And then we might get one or two new gameplay objects per festival and I can imagine that this will already be the biggest part/feature of the EP. I just wish they would be more creative and not cut all the content down, even though you pay 40 bucks and it's not even half of the content previous packs with the same theme had
Inventor
#2205 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 12:31 AM
Quote:

Honestly they could do SO much with it. Seasons and more importantly weather and temperature, could be an integral part of the sim worlds, and even be like a sim itself, maybe even personified in 4 different npc sims that represent each season. There's enough folk lore to go around for ideas. I just want actual temperatures in sims, and have clothing relate and effect how sims feel that temperature. I want all clothing to have a value that dictates that, and have an outerwear category that can go OVER the regular outfits, just like real outwear. I want things to freeze and melt, to have different sounds and insects change over the seasons. I want hot dusty days, and wet peaceful rainy days. I want it all.

Simblr
Alchemist
#2206 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 12:37 AM
Well, The Sims 4 took us to work.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2207 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 2:09 AM
Then what was Ambitons?

“But, Matrix54, Get To Work has actual careers!”

Total disrespect to Firefighters, Stylists, Private Investigators, Artists... I could go on.

Instructor
#2208 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 3:18 AM
Quote:

What about natural disasters? We haven't really seen any of those beyond lightning occasionally setting a house or tree on fire. And the type and frequency of natural disasters could be different for each world. Although that would probably require too much effort on the devs part
Field Researcher
#2209 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 1:27 PM
Quote:
What about natural disasters? We haven't really seen any of those beyond lightning occasionally setting a house or tree on fire. And the type and frequency of natural disasters could be different for each world. Although that would probably require too much effort on the devs part
I absolutely love that idea I'm still upset that I have never had a meteor strike in TS3 even though I put hundreds of hours into that game
Other things could be snow storms (even more snow and you can't leave your lot and school/work is canceled), droughts (your pool is empty, you can't fish, Sims need to actually drink to get rid of a thirsty debuff), tornadoes (some of your outdoor decorations get destroyed) etc.
But if we really are honest here then we all know they won't add this. It seems like "too much work" for TS4 and we don't even have burglars or three-legged animals because it would be too "dark and depressing", so unfortunately I hardly doubt we'll get more than the typical sunshine, rain, snow, thunderstorm.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2210 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 1:27 PM
That could’ve worked in TS3, due to the open world, but not TS4, unless they take the easy way out.

Like, earthquakes in City Living. The screen shakes and nothing happens. Useless.

Top Secret Researcher
#2211 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 4:13 PM
Earthquakes we're more dangerious/threating in TS3 console as a karma power. It broke plumbing and caused fires to erupt from ovens. In this iteration, it's no biggy in happy villy valley.
Instructor
#2212 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 9:10 PM
Quote:
Like, earthquakes in City Living. The screen shakes and nothing happens. Useless.

I don't understand the nature of them in TS4. It comes as a house trait. So, one house could feel earthquakes all the time but the one directly next to it will never feel them?? Yeahhh that's not how it works
Top Secret Researcher
#2213 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 9:42 PM
Quote:
I don't understand the nature of them in TS4. It comes as a house trait. So, one house could feel earthquakes all the time but the one directly next to it will never feel them?? Yeahhh that's not how it works

Strangely enough, there was one trait patched in (teen hangout) that affected the whole neighborhood, which nobody asked for, where the lot was presented. Kinda defines the point of a lot trait... well, just being that - a lot trait.
Test Subject
#2214 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 10:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Because you can. Situational for really practical usage, but still generous act. Would have charged it for that to be exclusive to the pact, so kind of disappointing would for those who purchased OR, which yes is a glorified stuff pack than anything else, would realize how strangely they can't camp with their toddlers on vacation.

Like I said, "generous" is a pretty strong word to use in the context of Sims 4. As for this bed, it's pretty useless without a paid game pack.
Mad Poster
#2215 Old Yesterday at 12:32 AM
Why are people hating on the toddler bed so much? It's an additional bed for toddlers! Just because it can be carried in inventories doesn't mean it HAS to be. It's not like I have my Sims carrying a portable bar, stereo, dance mat, cooler and anything else that will fit in there just because the OPTION is there. Geeze. Just use it as a regular toddler bed to add to your choice of available styles.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Inventor
#2216 Old Yesterday at 12:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menaceman44
Why are people hating on the toddler bed so much? It's an additional bed for toddlers! Just because it can be carried in inventories doesn't mean it HAS to be. It's not like I have my Sims carrying a portable bar, stereo, dance mat, cooler and anything else that will fit in there just because the OPTION is there. Geeze. Just use it as a regular toddler bed to add to your choice of available styles.

I agree it's a neat thing to have, but where are people hating on the toddler bed? I'm confused.

Simblr
Top Secret Researcher
#2217 Old Yesterday at 12:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsearchably
Like I said, "generous" is a pretty strong word to use in the context of Sims 4. As for this bed, it's pretty useless without a paid game pack.

What other better with weaker connotation of an adjective that describes the same meaning would you recommend me using it? I would appreciate the alternatives.
Mad Poster
#2218 Old Yesterday at 12:55 PM
Quote:
I agree it's a neat thing to have, but where are people hating on the toddler bed? I'm confused.

Directly above my post, Unsearchably stated that the bed was pointless unless you already owned OR, for one.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Lab Assistant
#2219 Old Yesterday at 3:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menaceman44

I do have OR, but probably wouldn't take my toddlers on vacation - the toddler stage is challenging enough at home. Nonetheless, I'd be happy to get another toddler bed. (Of course, they could just make the existing beds portable.) The last patch only fixed one issue that affected an extension that I own, but it didn't make me angry that they fixed issues with vampires or pets. I see it as a bug fix for OR, really, not so much as free stuff that is only useful if you have a vacation pack. Making eggs and toast vegetarian-friendly was useless if you didn't have CL, but I didn't see anyone complaining that they gave people something 'free' that they could only use if they bought an expansion pack.

Come to think of it, it might be useful to pack up the bed during the day - when I was raising a toddler with automony on, I had to lock the bed in the mother's room a couple of times to keep her from going to bed when she wasn't tired enough, and still needed to eat and potty so that she would sleep through the night. Also, if you have a small house, packing up the bed would make space for toys during the day.
Inventor
#2220 Old Yesterday at 7:17 PM
Yeah, it doesn't make any sense to complain about these offerings from EA - they finally improve a previous pack, even the base game as a preparation for existing and coming travel packs - it's very prudent way of doing it.

Simblr
Test Subject
#2221 Old Yesterday at 10:48 PM
Be careful, spoilers.
https://youtu.be/gLQ_TaFkyOc
Page 89 of 89