Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Jul 2013 at 2:39 PM
Sims 3 MLOD/MODL missing in Blender
Hello, everybody!

First of all, let me make clear I'm a total newb in this creating objects and meshing thing, so if my problem seems to be a silly one, please bear with me.

Second of all, I want to assure you that, before starting this thread, I've done a research to find answers to my problems in other threads/forums, but with no success (I must admit that I've also gotten very confused with all the information).

So here's the situation:
I'm on step 5 of this tutorial, but when I try to import the s3asc file, Sims 3 MLOD/MODL is not there, even though I have installed the mesh Helper.
I'm attaching an image in case you want to see what it looks like.
Funny thing is that Milkshape does show the Sims 3 MLOD/MODL import.

Does anybody have a clue on why this happens?

BTW: What I'm working on is a distant terrain.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 26th Jul 2013 at 3:59 PM
I'm still searching for answers while I wait for a reply here. I just found this post and followed the instructions.
I've also added the Python scripts I found here, but still no luck.
Now I'm starting to doubt if mine is a problem with Blender's version, since I'm also having troubles installing the addon. Check the attached image to see the error I get.

I'm so frustrated
Screenshots
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#3 Old 26th Jul 2013 at 4:52 PM
Well you don't import s3asc into blender, that S3PE plugin is to create milkshape exports and imports. You need to download the blender plugin for S3PE that creates s3m2b files. You can get it from here http://www.den.simlogical.com/denfo...opic,803.0.html

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 26th Jul 2013 at 5:48 PM
Thank you, Inge Jones. That was something I didn't know, although I had already installed that plugin. Still, that doesn't fix my initial problem... I've uninstalled blender and installed it again, the same for the helper, then went to User Preferences to install the .py addon, but still getting the same error.
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
#5 Old 26th Jul 2013 at 6:38 PM
The script has been broken by Blender 2.68. You will have to use a previous version i.e. 2.67.

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 26th Jul 2013 at 11:43 PM
Yes! That was it, installed version 2.65 (the same as in the tutorial) and it worked! Thank you very much! Now I just have to figure the rest