Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#26 Old 25th Mar 2009 at 2:12 PM
I won't be getting The Sims 3, so no goodbyes for me. Honestly, TS3 looks to me like it's gonna be the lamest game ever. Besides, I don't plan to buy any other game from EA, exept maybe some of the stuff packs for TS2 (because I'm that addicted). They're just getting greedier and greedier and too friendly with TSR for my liking.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#27 Old 25th Mar 2009 at 2:14 PM
I will probably get Sims 3 as soon as it comes out, though I will hold off on installing it on my current computer (a laptop) because Sims 2 and all my downloads already consume too much of its resources. I might, though, just uninstall 2 and get familiar with 3 until I get a new computer with superior hardware, on which I will install both games.

From then on, I don't see myself playing 2 much at all, especially right after getting 3, beyond the times when I'm bored with 3. I will never abandon 2 completely; I have backed up all my neighborhoods, as many of my Sims have existed since 2005 and I'm not inclined to let them go.

"Make believe in magic, make believe in dreams
Make believe impossible, nothing as it seems
See, touch, taste, smell, hear, but never know if it's real"
--The Cure, "More Than This"
Field Researcher
#28 Old 25th Mar 2009 at 3:27 PM
I preordered the Sims 3, so I will definitely install and start playing it once it's in my hands. I plan to wipe the hard drive and reinstall the operating system (before June), so Sims 2 will have to go anyway. I do plan on backing up everything though, so I can always reinstall the Sims 2 and maintain my neighborhoods, sims, hacks, etc. if I get the urge to play again.
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 25th Mar 2009 at 4:17 PM
I'm not even bothering to get it. I've gotten my game right to where I like it and I hope to continue on
Site Helper
#30 Old 25th Mar 2009 at 4:28 PM
I just started building a new neighborhood in Sims 2 (Finally got Sim City 4, so I built some new terrains.) I'm building a new main neighborhood, Downtown, University, and shopping district, and setting up an actual neighborhood story. (Whether or not the story plays out is another matter. I only have one of the elven families made, and the evil necromancer has decided to be friendly with them despite being perfectly willing to immediately insult anybody else he meets. Go figure.)

But I definitely will not be finished before Sims 3 comes out, and my computer won't run Sims 3 anyway. Even the new one won't run it because it has everything we would need for XP, but shipped with Vista. And it is short on the specs needed to run Sims 3 on Vista.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
#31 Old 25th Mar 2009 at 4:30 PM
I will most likely /test/ Sims 3 out, but that's all. I have no interest in it what so ever. Not much that I've seen about it so far makes me wanna give up Sims 2. The only thing I like yet, is the personality traits. Nothing else.

IF there will be possible to create custom content, not just patterns, then MAYBE. I can not play Sims without default replacements and stuff. I'd rather poke my eyes out.
Instructor
#32 Old 25th Mar 2009 at 6:00 PM
With the way my job situation is, I might be getting cozy with Sims 2 til the winter ^^;;

No, if I do get Sims 3 around the release date, I don't think I'll completely cut off TS2. Gradually, maybe, because I'm not too attached to the Newson's or their descendants, but probably not cold turkey. I've still got a lot of building projects to fulfill, and I made the decision to make a complete campus this summer (can't make it in the TS3, after all...). Maybe in a year or two I'll finally be able to move on, and then give my set to my little godsister (who hopefully will not be so accident-prone =_-)
#33 Old 26th Mar 2009 at 2:16 AM
Whether or not I will get the sims 3 at all depends entirely on it's modability. To me most Maxis/EA coded behavior is to stupid and unrealistic to enjoy gameplay.
So for now there'll be no goodbye Sims2 for me.
#34 Old 10th Apr 2009 at 2:31 PM
I'll still play The Sims 2, lol. I think The Sims 3 would be boring fast without any expansion packs and custom contents. Although I'll still get TS3 when it comes out.
#35 Old 10th Apr 2009 at 3:14 PM
I stuck with Sims 1 in addition to Sims 2 for a long while. Up until last year, actually. But when I'd play Sims 1, I'd think "This is forever! No dying, no aging, nothing!" So when I built my new computer, Sims 1 didn't make it onto the hard drive. As for Sims 3, nothing advertised about the game has really excited me. I do intend to purchase it and try it, but if it doesn't do anything for me, I'll sell it to GameStop. So no, I won't be forsaking my Sims 2. Besides which, there's so much I still haven't done or experienced.
Scholar
#36 Old 10th Apr 2009 at 3:21 PM
I'm not uninstalling Sims 2 any time soon. I even still have two EPs to buy for the game and a bunch of SPs, there's so much to explore. As for Sims3, I won't buy it at least until September, there's no way I'm going to spend my summer days at home exploring the new game, I better head over to the beach...
#37 Old 10th Apr 2009 at 3:31 PM
I won't be getting TS3 straight away due to not having the money to do my computer up for it - or even buy the game itself (I have a 7 month old daughter, most the money goes on her!). I would like to say in this case I'll continue to play TS2 but I'm not so sure. I think I will lose interest the day The Sims 3 comes out and will probably have to avoid all sims sites through ending up wanting it so much lol.
Field Researcher
#38 Old 10th Apr 2009 at 7:40 PM
No interest in owning TS3. I will definitely check out what people are saying about the game in June once it comes out - I want to see screenshots made by players, hear about the features from them - but I love The Sims 2 and see no point personally in abandoning it. I'm kind of a one-game girl too, so trying to convince myself I could just play both would be silly! And I'm also not too keen on the whole Sims aging without you playing them thing, nor how they actually look.
Field Researcher
#39 Old 10th Apr 2009 at 7:50 PM
I'm gonna be staying with Sims 2 for quite sometime.

First of all, I still have things that I haven't done in Sims 2 despite having it since it first came out. Second, I have hectic homework and don't see the point in buying a new game that I'll barely be able to play. Third, Sims 3 is a total no-go unless CC (especially default eyes and skin) becomes availble through modding and/or EA released tools.

I'm glad there are others sticking to Sims 2 so I won't be lonely. XD

-Holy Hell!-
The cement is just - it's there for the weight dear!

Nice 'n' easy does it everytime...
Forum Resident
#40 Old 11th Apr 2009 at 1:43 AM
If my computer meets the requirement I will probably get the TS3 but it is most likely going to be set aside maybe a couple of months later depending before I start playing The Sims 2. Tell you yhe truth I love the Sims 2 the way it is (Believe it or not I do like some first games like Dungeon Keeper, I loved that way more then the second one, so I have a feeling The Sims 2 will be the same)

My Sims 3 Random Legacy Challenge: The Amberstones
http://amberstonelegacy.blogspot.com.au/
Forum Resident
#41 Old 11th Apr 2009 at 2:03 AM
Why would I say goodbye, when I can keep both? lol.

I don't know if I wanna get the Sims3 right away, but I will definitely be getting it. I will probably buy it and set it aside. I pre-ordered it, so I might as well go ahead and get it. I love the Sims2 and it's not going anywhere. :D
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 11th Apr 2009 at 2:15 AM
I was thinking about getting the sims 3. And I might still. But later when I have a better computer and have a little bit more money for it. I love the sims 2 so I'm not too down.
Test Subject
#43 Old 27th Apr 2009 at 2:21 PM
sorry if this gets sappy but...
we've all played sims2 for along time, had many sims, lived many lives through them, and we care about them, or we wouldn't have formed a community, and there is a bond between the members of this community, we may not really know each other but we still talk, and share ideas. how can you just leave all that behind? I'm staying till the bitter end. and is EA really trying to give us a better game, or are they trying to get more money out of use, cause we don't need them for sims2. i may not have the skill to create anything but so long as S2C and MTS2 are up i'll be there.
See you on the side.
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 27th Apr 2009 at 10:24 PM
I think I'll probably do the same thing for Sims 2 when Sims 3 comes out as I did for Sims 1 when Sims 2 came out.

Mostly I play Sims 2, but on the rare occasion that I get a hankering for something that was in Sims 1 but not 2 (like the Superstar stuff, or the magic stuff not sucking) I go play Sims 1 for a week or so.
Scholar
#45 Old 28th Apr 2009 at 2:30 AM
Theres no way my computer is good enough for the sims 3 to run smoothly so I must stick to the sims 2 until I ever get a new computer.

I remember i left the sims 1 completely when I got the sims 2, few days after it came out, and fell in love with it right away. I was already liking what the game said it had to offer before its release, but for sims 3, I still have my doubts; there may be a chance I would still like the sims 2 over the sims 3.
Test Subject
#46 Old 28th Apr 2009 at 2:48 AM
I pre-ordered The Sims 3 and, unless I end up hating it or it doesn't run as well as I hope, I imagine I'll just drop The Sims 2 completely. I've been really bored with it lately and I plan to move all of my CC and saved stuff onto my external harddrive. I'll keep that for a good while, I'm sure. I didn't play The Sims even once after getting The Sims 2, so I bet it'll be the same this time. I'm definitely not attached to any of my sims enough to care.
Field Researcher
#47 Old 28th Apr 2009 at 7:33 AM
I agree completely with Thrior. I might get the game, I haven't made up my mind yet. I'd love the collectors edition, but that's mostly because of the merchandise.

Quote: Originally posted by Thrior
If I ever buy the game, I won't get it immediately after its' release. I don't believe anything EA tells me beforehand so I'll wait and see what actual players think about it. Annoyances are often overlooked when the game is still fresh and new, but when that "wow"-stage passes, we'll start getting some objective comments...

...It's possible that I won't get the game at all. I'm not that interested about the sims anymore so I'm not sure if I bother to start it all over again. If that happens and nobody is interested about TS2 anymore then I'll probably leave the community and play only for my own amusement.

~*Sofie-Amalie*~
LJ
Forum Resident
#48 Old 28th Apr 2009 at 8:11 AM
I won't be buying TS3. I have spent way too much money on TS2 just to ditch it, especially when I have got to a point where I like the way I have my game customised with CC and hacks, and I don't want to leave my established families.
Test Subject
#49 Old 28th Apr 2009 at 8:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tenielle
I won't be buying TS3. I have spent way too much money on TS2 just to ditch it, especially when I have got to a point where I like the way I have my game customised with CC and hacks, and I don't want to leave my established families.

I concur, too much work went into what I have now in my game, but I think I will buy Sims 3 if I have the cash in pocket at the time to get it, which I highly doubt.XD
Scholar
#50 Old 28th Apr 2009 at 8:41 AM
I can't buy the sims 3. My PC won't run it and I've gotta save up for a laptop, which by my calculations should take...about a year
Maybe by then tons of eps will come out and stuff though.

Call me Meg

lately i want everything
every star tied to a string

av credit
Page 2 of 7