Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Aug 2018 at 7:22 PM Last edited by GrijzePilion : 21st Aug 2018 at 7:51 PM. Reason: Solved on the basis of me having been a complete fucking idiot

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default [SOLVED] "Cannot load this save game" bullshit

SOLVED: Like I said, it was odd to have a world with no actual .WORLD file attached to it. While I swear I've read through the Bankenshima thread at least 5 times, I did in fact miss the necessary Sims3pack file. While not absent, it was still certainly hidden pretty well. Make sure to grab the Sims3Pack, not the save file alone. Preferably both!

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 21st Aug 2018 at 10:04 PM Last edited by igazor : 22nd Aug 2018 at 5:07 AM.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 22nd Aug 2018 at 1:20 AM
Well I tell you, either it wasn't there the first 6 times I looked or I'm just really incomprehensibly bad at reading. The save should be on the first page.
The world's still a WIP, as in, in progress, but it's been put on the backburner. He's going to come back to it eventually, but I wouldn't expect it to be anytime soon. If need be, I'll fix it up to a more usable state myself. I'd go so far as to work on it in CAW, but none of my PCs can run CAW.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 22nd Aug 2018 at 1:44 AM
Runs fine, it's actually a very small world. 90% of it is decorative which is fine, but the screenshots are highly misleading. All in all I think there's only about 30 lots. I haven't really found a use for it, in fact all I did was look around for about 30 minutes, admiring the handiwork done on it, and then I left. My idea was to use it for cinematics and some minor scenes in a future episode of mine, but I don't really know how and why I would do that when I can just build a set myself using the building shells that come with Boroughsburg.

So while I hate to call it a hugely underwhelming world, I wasn't impressed by it. It looks gorgeous, that's it. Normally that's enough for me, but this one isn't doing it for me. I followed the world's development religiously, but if you've seen the WIP screenshots, you've practically seen it all. I can't say the same about Bankenshima though, which is a full-sized world that comes with all the quirks and features of a full-sized world. And that means, at least to me, that there's much more to explore.

insert signature here