Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Oct 2018 at 9:15 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Late Night, Pets, Supernatural, University Life, Into the Future
Default Only simspacks works,.package files (including no intro) will not work
Hi, Im running windows 10 and the game is patched to 1.69, but .package files will not show up at all. I've uninstalled and completely reinstalled origin about 4 times, deleted all caches, and even removed my sims 4 folders just incase.
I only have 1 .package file and it is the no intro one straight from the resource.cfg zip file, but it won't work. I went and grabbed a CC house to check if simspacks worked and they do, the only issue is with .packages apparently.

Resource.cfg info:
Priority 501
DirectoryFiles Files/... autoupdate
Priority 500
PackedFile Packages/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*/*/*/*.package
Priority 499
PackedFile Test/*.package
PackedFile Test/*/*.package
PackedFile Test/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Test/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Test/*/*/*/*/*.package
Priority -50
PackedFile Probation/*.package
PackedFile Probation/*/*.package
PackedFile Probation/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Probation/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Probation/*/*/*/*/*.package
Priority 500
PackedFile DCCache/*.dbc

Game Version (from skuversion.txt): GameVersion = 1.69.43.024017
I have Ambitions, Generations, Into the Future, Island Paradise, Late Night, Pets, Seasons, Supernatural, University Life and World Adventures. They are all up to date via Origin.

This is really frustrating, as I have played this game for over 500 hours and never had these issues until I got a new computer and re downloaded the game.
I have one drive disabled to the best of my knowledge, windows 10, and any cloud stuff I could find turned off.

Thanks in advance if anyone can figure this out with me!
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 5th Oct 2018 at 9:25 PM
Have you one through these two?
Sims 3 CC Basics
Game Help: Installing Sims 3 Package Files

You may want to test other package files just in case.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Oct 2018 at 9:39 PM
Thank you for your quick reply, I'm really thrown here. I did what you said and downloaded another .package file and it worked, these are the exact same steps I've done about 4 times now and they never showed up...

If you never run a simspack through the launcher, I think the icon for all the files are blank pages like.package files, so I was putting them in the wrong spot most likely, assuming they were ALL .package files.

The no intro however still doesn't work and that's concerning because EVERY single help page or tutorial I have read said if that doesn't work then I have done it completely wrong, when apparently it is just that file not working..someone may need to go update some files or old help pages lol.
Theorist
#4 Old 5th Oct 2018 at 9:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Have you one through these two?
Sims 3 CC Basics
Game Help: Installing Sims 3 Package Files

You may want to test other package files just in case.

I'm having the same problem as the OP, all my .package files aren't showing up. Yes I've followed all the rules and read up on the links just in case I might have missed something. I started with something simple - skin and eyes and no shows. I haven't been playing for a couple three years and decided I'd play again. Here we are.. and I can't get it to work

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th Oct 2018 at 9:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lisfyre
I'm having the same problem as the OP, all my .package files aren't showing up. Yes I've followed all the rules and read up on the links just in case I might have missed something. I started with something simple - skin and eyes and no shows. I haven't been playing for a couple three years and decided I'd play again. Here we are.. and I can't get it to work

Try and find a simspack and install it via the launcher then all the actual simspacks will have an icon instead of a blank page icon like .packages. I know it sounds really dumb but that's what worked for me!
Theorist
#6 Old 6th Oct 2018 at 3:52 AM Last edited by lisfyre : 6th Oct 2018 at 4:37 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by DanteSpicer
Try and find a simspack and install it via the launcher then all the actual simspacks will have an icon instead of a blank page icon like .packages. I know it sounds really dumb but that's what worked for me!

Do simpacks work better these days? Back when I was playing, most players converted them to .package files because it was less laggy I'll give it a whirl and see what happens. Thanks

OK Simpacks work.. now I gotta get simpack format ... time to go shopping

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Instructor
#7 Old 6th Oct 2018 at 4:15 AM
Not really, the launcher is still buggy. I only use it for worlds, and store content, but I am on patch 1.67 and don't use Origin for anything sims related.
Theorist
#8 Old 6th Oct 2018 at 4:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mandelyn
Not really, the launcher is still buggy. I only use it for worlds, and store content, but I am on patch 1.67 and don't use Origin for anything sims related.

Unfortunately when I got this "new computer" 2 years ago, I didn't reinstall Sims 3 and when I did today I completely forgot about origin so when I finally remembered, it was too late I forgot everything I've learned from when I first started playing The Sims. Is there a way to install it without going thru the launcher?

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Instructor
#9 Old 6th Oct 2018 at 4:58 AM
Only if you have the disks.
Theorist
#10 Old 6th Oct 2018 at 5:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mandelyn
Only if you have the disks.

I do!! So do I need to uninstall it from Origin then re-install from the discs?

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Site Helper
#11 Old 6th Oct 2018 at 4:42 PM
As I understand it, Yes. And then download the Super Patcher for 1.67, while forbidding your discs from installing Origin. (I hope your base game disc is the earlier kind.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Theorist
#12 Old 6th Oct 2018 at 7:41 PM Last edited by lisfyre : 6th Oct 2018 at 10:33 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
As I understand it, Yes. And then download the Super Patcher for 1.67, while forbidding your discs from installing Origin. (I hope your base game disc is the earlier kind.)

I bought the original disc at launch in 2009

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥