Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Aug 2017 at 2:28 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Base game with AGS in windowed mode - white screen
It's not a huge problem, but I've managed to install the Sims 2, with all packs, in Windows 10 and got AnyGameStarter running nicely. However, although I can play the normal game in windowed mode, when I try to play an AGS in windowed mode, it just shows a white screen with the game music playing.

As I said, it's not a huge issue as the game still plays full screen, but I was just wondering what the problem could be.

Windows 10 64-bit
AMD Radeon (TM) R9 M365X
Adapter Type - AMD Radeon Graphics Processor (0x6821), Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. compatible
Adapter Description - AMD Radeon (TM) R9 M365X
Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600
Adapter Type - Intel(R) HD Graphics Family, Intel Corporation compatible
Adapter Description - Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600
Adapter RAM - 1.00 GB (1,073,741,824 bytes)
Resolution 1920 x 1080 x 60 hertz
Bits/Pixel 32

Sim Fans UK - Free downloads, tutorials, game help and chat!

I'm selling my vBulletin 4 suite - please contact me if you are interested in buying it.
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 7th Aug 2017 at 2:40 PM
Have you double checked that in both cases, the game is using your graphics card instead of your graphics chip? It probably is, but if not, that's the easy solution!

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Aug 2017 at 4:47 PM
I have no idea how to do that. Is it in the game settings?

I'm selling my vBulletin 4 suite - please contact me if you are interested in buying it.
Alchemist
#4 Old 7th Aug 2017 at 9:35 PM
I at times get a white screen in AnyGameStarter.
quitting the AnyGame then running it again works for me. my operating system is XP.

if you tried that; some chance of other games/programs/folders affecting the AnyGame's graphics.
if nothing else is running, might change the AnyGame's graphics settings. or might change the AnyGame to fullscreen through AGS's "Standard" installer; choose "update".

graphics card vs graphics chip; I am not sure where to check, but it is not in game's options panel.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#5 Old 7th Aug 2017 at 11:27 PM
You'd want to look in the Catalyst control panel - there'll be a setting called something like "high performance", and probably a list of programs that get high performance mode. You'd need to make sure all your TS2 exes are on that list (not just your most recent one, which is what you'd do if you weren't using AGS)

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 9th Aug 2017 at 6:58 AM
Thanks for the advice. I've updated my graphics card and messed with all of the settings, but I'm still getting the white screen. Never mind, at least I can still play it!