Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

2018 MTS Calendar Contest - posted on 12th Nov 2017 at 8:48 PM
Replies: 2023 (Who?), Viewed: 115188 times.
Page 80 of 81
Mad Poster
#1976 Old 11th Oct 2017 at 12:35 AM
Like hell she does. #3 is the most convincing and the most realistic one. She's the only one that looks like an actual human being, rather than a representation of one. #1 looks like a doll with the skin of a dead chicken, #2 looks the same but with some shading painted on. Sure, her hair looks weird, but her skin looks like actual human skin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix54
And one likely will not for a long time. Those are superficial details, and the engine does not give a damn that players want to count the threads on a Sims T-Shirt. Ot cares about what it can efficiently render. Modern video games pull a lot of tricks to improve performance and different games use different tricks.
For the Sims series to start using 4K textures, you will loose build mode and a detailed CAS mode, the world will be static/heavily non interactive, and you will likely only play as a single family, if not one person. It is too much to processs unique higher quality assets for 20 Sims at once, in top of superior quality assets for the world.

And yet I'm running entire open worlds with custom characters and buildings in that sort of detail, right now. In 4K if I want to. And these games can run on your Playstation too. How come?

Overlord of Plumbit, the subreddit for the serious Simmer.
We're constructive, creative and drama-free™.

(Oh, and follow me on my Tumblr.)
Theorist
#1977 Old 11th Oct 2017 at 12:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrijzePilion
And yet I'm running entire open worlds with custom characters and buildings in that sort of detail, right now. In 4K if I want to. And these games can run on your Playstation too. How come?

'Tis truly a sad day for the PC master race .__.
Mad Poster
#1978 Old 11th Oct 2017 at 12:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShigemiNotoge
'Tis truly a sad day for the PC master race .__.

We still get the better draw distance/LOD range, the higher resolution, the higher framerate and the superior control scheme. So not all is lost. And imagine not having mods at your disposal!

Field Researcher
#1979 Old 20th Oct 2017 at 10:25 AM
All objects that will come with Laundry SP (plus some extra infos at the link)

I don't understand the point of the overlapping rugs on the right side. So they added 11 colors, but they literally all look the same? There are three different patterns for the bottom rug, but the other ones are just different kinds of beige?
At least the other colors of the items seem to match mostly. I hope they also match with items that aren't from the Laundry SP.

https://simsvip.com/2017/10/19/here...ndry-day-stuff/

Because they added two other round rugs... I guess it's good, but it just rubs me the wrong way to read such a statement and then look at the Pets EP where they give us the bare minimum.
Theorist
#1980 Old 20th Oct 2017 at 10:37 AM
And not a single top loading washer in sight! What was that about giving players extra content? What? You mean that only applies to simplistic recolours of base game objects that could have been in a free patch? Oh! Okay!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1981 Old 20th Oct 2017 at 10:56 AM
This is a stuff pack.

As of late, we have been getting one gameplay object. We are geting quite a few here: Washer, dryer, clothes hamper, clothesline, and a wash tub. They could have easily cut half of that, so I can understand style making a washer and dryer share animations, especially to be stacked. That great use of opportunity cost.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
#1982 Old 20th Oct 2017 at 12:43 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 20th Oct 2017 at 12:55 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiabara
All objects that will come with Laundry SP (plus some extra infos at the link)

I don't understand the point of the overlapping rugs on the right side. So they added 11 colors, but they literally all look the same? There are three different patterns for the bottom rug, but the other ones are just different kinds of beige?
At least the other colors of the items seem to match mostly. I hope they also match with items that aren't from the Laundry SP.

Probably they did that as a gimmick to show players who hate furnishing "hey look! Inspiration/tips of how you can utilize this design out of rugs to create plumbing poop hot rug paterns :O". Or, they just wanna brag how creative and "genius" they are. Either way, at least we got seperate rug assests instead of that shove-in-your-throat an object of carpets from Toddler SP that require you to build a huge mansion to fit in it. That's what counts at the end.

#MORENOOVERSIZEOBJECTS #ATLEASTYOUHAVEN'TSCREWTHISUP #GURUSDOINGSOMETHINGRIGHTFINALLY

P.S. I actually did make the crique on the officials forums regarding the issue of that object. Not sure If they learn by their mistakes coincidentally or my complain caught their eyes about the important addressed issue on how these rugs must be seperated.
Lab Assistant
#1983 Old 20th Oct 2017 at 12:45 PM
Ohhh, love all the objects and the variety of color variations. Really nice! (THOSE CARPETS/RUGS ARE AMAZING! Finally more variety in that department)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShigemiNotoge
And not a single top loading washer in sight! What was that about giving players extra content? What? You mean that only applies to simplistic recolours of base game objects that could have been in a free patch? Oh! Okay!

I don't want no ugly top loading washing machines, that shit confuses me. I hate TS3's Washing Machines so much because of that top loading bullshit.
Mad Poster
#1984 Old 20th Oct 2017 at 2:05 PM
I thought it was going to be an Eco Living pack? Where the hell did all this laundry bullshit come from?
And yes, agreed, we're not having any of them top loading abominations.

Theorist
#1985 Old 20th Oct 2017 at 4:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teostar
I don't want no ugly top loading washing machines, that shit confuses me. I hate TS3's Washing Machines so much because of that top loading bullshit.

Since I've never used or known any other kind it's a bit weird for me to put one of these expensive looking ones even in my poor sims homes. Unfortunate that you don't care about other people's preferences or choices, but it's okay, I forgive you.
Mad Poster
#1986 Old 20th Oct 2017 at 4:36 PM
Are you saying a regular normal washing machine is somehow fancier than a top loading one?

Theorist
#1987 Old 20th Oct 2017 at 4:43 PM
Quote:
Are you saying a regular normal washing machine is somehow fancier than a top loading one?

From being poor all my life, my immediate and secondary family only ever owning top loading washing machines, and only seeing front loaders in fancy, middle-class houses or on TV? Yes, that's the inference I make.
Mad Poster
#1988 Old 20th Oct 2017 at 4:45 PM
Ah, so like how I feel about fridges with TWO doors instead of just one. Shit's fancy.

Theorist
#1989 Old 20th Oct 2017 at 4:46 PM
Quote:
Ah, so like how I feel about fridges with TWO doors instead of just one. Shit's fancy.

That shit is crazy fancy! It's not just you! Also I still get excited about the fridge that came with this house having the freezer on the bottom! I feel so #privledged * -*
Mad Poster
#1990 Old 20th Oct 2017 at 5:02 PM
I love houses that come with gimmicks. Floor heating, air conditioning, air circulation, ethernet wall plugs...that sort of stuff.

Mad Poster
#1991 Old 20th Oct 2017 at 5:56 PM
Quote:
I don't want no ugly top loading washing machines, that shit confuses me.

I've never seen the other type outside of laundromats. All the houses where I am have top loaders :/

The Receptacle still lives!
Lab Assistant
#1992 Old 20th Oct 2017 at 6:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lil bag2
I've never seen the other type outside of laundromats. All the houses where I am have top loaders :/

Over here it's the opposite, except even laundromats use front loading ones.
Quote:
Since I've never used or known any other kind it's a bit weird for me to put one of these expensive looking ones even in my poor sims homes. Unfortunate that you don't care about other people's preferences or choices, but it's okay, I forgive you.

I believe in my country it's the opposite, since front-loaders are more popular here, they are in higher demand, thus are cheaper than top-loading ones, which are very rare over here.

I actually got curious about the differences between front and top loading washing machines a while back, and I read that front-loading ones are better at washing and save more water and electricity, while top-washing ones are cheaper (again that depends, supply and demand, and all that) and last longer. (also with top-washing ones you can add extra clothes mid-cycle, while you can't open a front loader while it's active, for obvious reasons xD)
Mad Poster
#1993 Old 20th Oct 2017 at 6:21 PM
Maybe it's a regional thing, like wall plugs? Europe, America and parts of Asia have the two round plugs, Brits and Aussies have three rectangular ones, I believe. But the ones in America aren't set back, whereas the ones in Europe are.
Or light switches. America has actual switches that you flick up or down; Europe has big rectangular buttons.

Inventor
#1994 Old 20th Oct 2017 at 6:21 PM
Meanwhile you can give your dogs and cats all kinds of unnatural wacky colors from a color wheel, but objects still can't have that feature and thus they have to create a bunch of pre-made colors for you to choose from.

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
Lab Assistant
#1995 Old 20th Oct 2017 at 7:24 PM
How about we stop talking about top vs side loading washers and dryers AGAIN, mkay? We don't need another big argument about it like a couple months ago.
Mad Poster
#1996 Old 20th Oct 2017 at 7:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiddypatches
How about we stop talking about top vs side loading washers and dryers AGAIN, mkay?

What would we talk about otherwise, then?

Lab Assistant
#1997 Old 20th Oct 2017 at 9:08 PM
Quote:

Inventor
#1998 Old 20th Oct 2017 at 10:57 PM
Quote:

Little did we know at the time, it was a preview of The Sims 4.

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
Forum Resident
#1999 Old 21st Oct 2017 at 2:20 AM
well at least I like the rugs. It's hard to tell with the other objects though because they are so far away I can't really make out enough details. I like the stackable washers and dryers though it'll hopefully make it easier for my smaller homes to accommodate them.
Scholar
#2000 Old 21st Oct 2017 at 8:55 AM Last edited by pirate_wolf_12 : 21st Oct 2017 at 10:30 AM.
Quote:

I've been asking the mods to replace the Sims 4 discussion board with a Sweet Treats appreciation forum for years.

Quote:

I think it's time we acknowledge this forum doesn't appreciate raccoons nearly enough. They're like cats dressing up like old timely bank robbers and that's too precious for this garbage fire of a world we must endless suffer on.

I'm writing a TV series, yeah. It's a cross between True Detective and Pretty Little Liars.
Page 80 of 81