Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Feb 2017 at 12:35 PM Last edited by Mrmo : 18th Feb 2017 at 9:46 PM. Reason: Solved

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Help the "roof" is stuck (Solved)
Ok, I'm using a phone so I write this short.

Anyway, I was about to do some finale changes to my hotel and that included some changes to the sky bar. But for some reason the roofing (sorry, do not know the english word for it) seems to be stuck. I can not remove it. Some parts on the right hand of the building can be removed but on the other side it's impossible. Yes, I did ad some custom doors (recolors from TSR) but I did chang them back to default. But no difference what so ever. What I fear now is that the building would be unusable. I have not changed the zoning yet, it's still a community lot. An othet problem is that the walls in the center of the floor is sucked as well. They can not be removed whit or whitout move objects.

Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 11th Feb 2017 at 12:46 PM
When you say roofing, do you mean the clear awning over the top? Normally you undo it with the same tool that made it. Did you try the sledge hammer? Have you tried removing it with CFE turned on? If those don't work you may have to remove the entire toilet block first.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Feb 2017 at 1:32 PM
What's CFE? Yes? I do mean the clear roof but I do not know the correct term for it. Yes I did try the sledgehammer. And the build tool+Crtl but the area turnes red, not green. Some parts can be deleted, other not. Move objects on does not work either. Removing the toilet block seems impossible. When I hit a wall whit the hammer, the wall ligts up but nothing more. I can demolish the building under the posts for the "roof" but no change.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#4 Old 11th Feb 2017 at 1:38 PM
Usually, if you can't delete something, it's because you deleted the walls or columns on the next floor down that were supporting the thing you're trying to delete. Could that be the issue here?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 11th Feb 2017 at 7:33 PM
I do not think so (note: Think). The floor below have a lot of open space and before I began to build on it there was even more. As you can see, there is 5 squers on the right side and 3 on the left. Thats because I have done some changes to the area in the center (the toilets). Before there was 3 squers on all sides. I have tried a lot of things: moving everything away before demolish the glass roof, deleting the fence, deleting the CC shelfs behind the bar (not shown in image) deleting the floor tiles but nothing helps. I can not delete the glass roof on the left hand by any metode. On the right hand I can delete some but some areas can't be deleted. The "roof" do not highligt when I hold the sledgehammer over it. I do not have the time now so this has to wait until next week or so.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 11th Feb 2017 at 9:25 PM
CFE is the building cheat boolProp constrainFloorElevation false. This cheat allows you to do thing to your building that you can't normally do. Put that into the cheat box and try to use the awning tool to remove it. If that works then turn the cheat off boolProp constrainFloorElevation True. Do not leave it on it will mess up your building. If you are a builder at all you will want to get to know this cheat and I suggest get yourself a cheat file with shortcuts. Hopefully what I put there you can copy paste and it will work but since I haven't used the cheat in it's long form for years (I use a short cut) it may be incorrect.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#7 Old 11th Feb 2017 at 9:46 PM
From the angle of the pic it's hard to see, but it looks as if you only have 1 tile free around the buildin instead of the standard two. Did you use the LA and downsize after you placed them? Could that have somethin to do with it? I k
Scholar
Original Poster
#8 Old 11th Feb 2017 at 10:18 PM
Nope, that's not the case. The one tile is from building becoming one tile wider down below. At the base of the building there are three tiles from building to the end of the lot.

Theorist
#9 Old 11th Feb 2017 at 10:30 PM
Okey dokey. It's not that then. Ummm, is the awning a EAxis or cc item? Could there be a problem with the cc item? I don't generally use the awnings, but tryin to help ya think of possibilities.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 11th Feb 2017 at 11:10 PM
There is a cheat to delete all awnings on a lot. Just type in "deleteAllAwnings".

Visit My Test of Time Challenge: wordpress & livejournal
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11 Old 11th Feb 2017 at 11:31 PM
Oh yes, good idea FlyingRaccoon, I never use any of the delete all cheats so I tend to forget about them.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#12 Old 11th Feb 2017 at 11:33 PM
Calibrat - That's the cheapest of the default Maxis awnings.

I played around with a similar building in my game. Sledgehammer tool acts strange - works on some awning tiles but not others. When using Ctrl + awning tool to remove it, I also got some red tiles when trying to remove the awning, but only in certain places (I can't get a screenshot because the visual effect goes away if I take my finger off the mouse to use the keyboard). It seems to depend on where you click and drag the awning tool from. I stopped getting some of the red areas when I removed furniture and other objects that were under the awning. Are you able to get rid of more of the awning if you take out the lights, barstools, bar, etc.?

I don't usually use large awnings like that as roofs in my game because they seem very fussy about placement and removal like with Mrmo's problem. They also won't go down which makes it difficult to play the game - hard to click on sims or see what is going on under the awning. A nice transparent glass floor tile might be better for something like this.

Edit - ninja'd by FlyingRaccoon. I had also completely forgotten about that cheat.
Scholar
Original Poster
#13 Old 12th Feb 2017 at 12:33 AM
TheFlyingRaccoon: It's a very good idea! I will try it. I do not have the time this weekend but I will come back and tell about it.

RoxEllen1965: Yes I did remove things but that did not help. But I will try the cheat. It was a bad idea whit the awnings. But I got seasons installed and did not want the sims to sit in the rain. Know any good transparent floor tile I can use instead? I do have room for columns.
Theorist
#14 Old 12th Feb 2017 at 1:10 AM
Now this I know :D

invislble floor tile http://modthesims.info/d/166311
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#15 Old 12th Feb 2017 at 1:28 AM
There are also these if you want a floor with some colour rather than invisible. http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=81890

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#16 Old 12th Feb 2017 at 3:43 AM Last edited by RoxEllen1965 : 12th Feb 2017 at 9:05 AM.
I have two glass and one metal grate by Frillen, all three transparent. Apparently these came with a lot I downloaded from Parsimonious.org a few years ago. I wanted to provide a link, but Frillen's site is apparently long gone and their page here on MTS does not include the glass tile set (apparently there were 32 floors in that set - would really love to have the rest of those now. ).

Anyway, I searched the best I could and found only tutorials on how to make transparent tiles, so here are the three transparent Frillen floors that I have (Glass 7, Glass 10 and Metal 16). I think Glass # 7 would work nicely for the roof on your hotel.

Edit: It finally dawned on me that people might like to see what these look like, so I attached some screen captures (my brain is slow this weekend ). The metal grate actually looks better than this image - it's a fine texture, so it's difficult to get a good image of it that doesn't have a lot of moire artifacts. All three of these floors appear in the Miscellaneous category.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  FrillenTransparentFloors.zip (49.1 KB, 13 downloads) - View custom content
Description: 2 glass and 1 metal transparent floor by Frillen
Scholar
Original Poster
#17 Old 12th Feb 2017 at 7:47 AM Last edited by Mrmo : 12th Feb 2017 at 8:27 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
There are also these if you want a floor with some colour rather than invisible. http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=81890

Downloaded. Looks good from here!

Edit: Hmm, it did require CEP. Seems compliated. Found and downloaded this tiles: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=190510
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#18 Old 12th Feb 2017 at 12:12 PM
What required CEP? CEP has nothing to do with floors.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Scholar
Original Poster
#19 Old 12th Feb 2017 at 2:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
What required CEP? CEP has nothing to do with floors.

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=81890

Under install instructions I can read:

"4. CEP Required: The CEP is necessary for this download to work. Make sure that you have the newest version of the CEP installed. Get it here: The Official CEP Download".

I think I have some sort of CEP installed from a very, very long time ago and I recall having some issues whit it. Can't remeber what but either I did take it out or it's still hiding in the downloads folder.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#20 Old 12th Feb 2017 at 6:39 PM
That's just the standard install instructions. Floors are not affected by the CEP.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Mad Poster
#21 Old 12th Feb 2017 at 7:08 PM
It's odd that a floor should require CEP. Have you tried them without it to see if they work anyway? After a search, I found a few older transparent floors here on MTS that all said in the install instructions that they required CEP. Maybe something to do with the way they were made? Some of them said they needed a special technique to avoid crashing Homecrafter Plus. I still think it's odd that a floor should require CEP - maybe try some first and see whether they show up in your game without CEP.

Edit: ninja'd by Maxon.

While searching, I found some transparent floors by moonlight_muse. I think that some of the tiles in this transparent grid floor set can be made to look a lot like the transparent awning you were using before.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#22 Old 12th Feb 2017 at 7:35 PM
But CEP only affects Maxis objects. It doesn't do anything else - well apart from make a few corrections here and there.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#23 Old 12th Feb 2017 at 10:11 PM
Mrmo, it's possible the floor doesn't need CEP, but even if it doesn't you will want CEP and all the CEP fixes.

~Call me Jo~
Scholar
Original Poster
#24 Old 13th Feb 2017 at 5:35 AM
Hm, OK. I have to wait and see what I can do. But I do not have the time now. Until later then...
Scholar
Original Poster
#25 Old 18th Feb 2017 at 9:45 PM
Update! I did use the cheat from TheFlyingRaccoon (Post 10) and tonight I can tell you all that the "roof" (read awnings) are gone. I did download some different seethrough floortiles and after placing some columns the bar area had a nice roof. I do thank you all for your help. Ofcause the hotel had some problems when I did a testrun but that have nothing to do whit this issue.

Page 1 of 2