Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Mar 2017 at 9:34 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Self-Contained Studio Dorms
Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this but I was just wondering if I can create a self contained studio dorm for students and upload it here. By self-contained I mean, the student would have in their room, a kitchen/dining, living room, bathroom and bedroom all in one space. obviously the bathroom would be through a different room, or they would just have a kitchen/dining and bedroom whilst the bathroom is shared. There will be a communal kitchen, dining, living and study space available for guest students etc.
I know how to create dorms but I was just wondering if this idea was allowed to be uploaded.

Kind Regards

Mary
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 1st Mar 2017 at 9:53 PM
Why wouldn't it be?

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Mar 2017 at 10:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Why wouldn't it be?

I just thought it wouldn't be for the sims welfare
Mad Poster
#4 Old 1st Mar 2017 at 10:31 PM Last edited by gazania : 2nd Mar 2017 at 12:50 AM.
I have dorms where each room has its own bathroom, complete with a shower stall. I do make a guest bathroom in the common area, though, just in case.

It isn't essential to gameplay to have the NPC cook in a dorm, so I would think you can use kitchens unique to each room. You might want to avoid using the Shiny Tyme stove, though, since you'd be stuck with a whole bunch of NPCs. Another option could be a kitchenette ... just the sink, mini-fridge, counter, coffee-maker and microwave.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 1st Mar 2017 at 11:14 PM
I had a dorm with a normal kitchen - and it worked well as a dorm, except that they had to cook themselves. So as long as it works, it should be fine Looking forward to seeing it.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 1st Mar 2017 at 11:28 PM
All dorms I build are apartment-like. All unit have their own kitchen, bathroom etc.
Sometimes, I'll add a community kitchen that spawn the NPC cook, because not all my student feels like cooking their own meals, and it is quite convenient to grab a bowl of cereal someone else did when you're late for class. There will be 2 commune bathrooms, male/female with showers, toilet also. Everyone is happy.
I never uploaded any lots, but I do not see why it would not pass.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 1st Mar 2017 at 11:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
I had a dorm with a normal kitchen - and it worked well as a dorm, except that they had to cook themselves. So as long as it works, it should be fine Looking forward to seeing it.

Thank you for the tip, so if i put a dorm door and they claim it then I put a normal door for the bathroom, they will be able to walk through it fine?
Mad Poster
#8 Old 1st Mar 2017 at 11:46 PM
The dorm door will be used to enter their own unit. The rest of the building can have any door you want (except the apartment door)
I have no idea about what your building looks like, but within their unit, normal doors works also.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 1st Mar 2017 at 11:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
The dorm door will be used to enter their own unit. The rest of the building can have any door you want (except the apartment door)
I have no idea about what your building looks like, but within their unit, normal doors works also.

thank you so so much
Theorist
#10 Old 4th Mar 2017 at 2:26 PM
I have created a house with 4 apartment type settings using the Uni doors and it worked great. They had a bedroom, bathroom with the kitchen and study areas all one room. Another floor had the fun, skilling stuff. The only thing I didn't care for was using 2 doors per 'apartment', but that didn't cause problems. The first couple to move in rented the place, the rest were moved in after. (:

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.