Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Dec 2017 at 5:25 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Roommates Arrive everyday without being enabled
Alrighty so here's the Issue, I have like 4-5 roommates who come to my sims house every single day without even having the roommate's services option enabled, Now this may seem like an easy fix, just go over to the phone and disable services, well it's not that simple because that's what I have been doing but somehow the option gets enabled again like right after I disable it! Right now I do have one roommate living in my sims house at the moment to help with some financial troubles going on but this issue has been going on far long before I decided to keep one of them, I have even seen this problem appear in many other towns that I have it's not just one town having this problem! I have looked all over the place and can't find anyone else experiencing this so if anyone knows what the heck is happening here I'd much appreciate your help
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 3rd Dec 2017 at 9:10 AM Last edited by igazor : 3rd Dec 2017 at 2:49 PM.
Is it possible that these lots your sims are living on, or the current one anyway, are of type Residential-Apartment when checked in Edit Town? If so, that's the way this is supposed to work. You cannot switch the Roommate Service off on Uni EP Style apartments. They are basically the dormitory concept ported over to regular homeworlds. You should still be able to Dismiss the roommates through social interaction, but the only thing that does is cause new ones to show up sometime around 9am the next day. Trust me, the town's service never runs out of potential roommates.

If this is what's happening, the solution is to not live on lots of that type. To change an existing lot over to Residential-Regular, everyone has to be moved out or evicted in Edit Town, change the lot type to Commercial-No Visitors Allowed (or something like that), then to Residential-Regular. Without the in between step, we think this is a glitch of some kind, the new designation tends to not stick.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 3rd Dec 2017 at 5:26 PM
There is nothing more infuriating than Sims showing up uninvited and not staying away when asked to. If checking the lot type and making sure it isn't set to Apartment doesn't work, try lining your front door with the flamethrowing trap from World Adventures.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Site Helper
#4 Old 3rd Dec 2017 at 5:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
There is nothing more infuriating than Sims showing up uninvited and not staying away when asked to. If checking the lot type and making sure it isn't set to Apartment doesn't work, try lining your front door with the flamethrowing trap from World Adventures.

And if you do that, have a light set so that you can manually disable the trap if you send your sim out to the garden and they decide to go through the front door. (Actually, I prefer the electric traps.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th Dec 2017 at 12:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Is it possible that these lots your sims are living on, or the current one anyway, are of type Residential-Apartment when checked in Edit Town? If so, that's the way this is supposed to work. You cannot switch the Roommate Service off on Uni EP Style apartments. They are basically the dormitory concept ported over to regular homeworlds. You should still be able to Dismiss the roommates through social interaction, but the only thing that does is cause new ones to show up sometime around 9am the next day. Trust me, the town's service never runs out of potential roommates.

If this is what's happening, the solution is to not live on lots of that type. To change an existing lot over to Residential-Regular, everyone has to be moved out or evicted in Edit Town, change the lot type to Commercial-No Visitors Allowed (or something like that), then to Residential-Regular. Without the in between step, we think this is a glitch of some kind, the new designation tends to not stick.

This lot was never made an apartment-residential I have even checked in edit town
Mad Poster
#6 Old 5th Dec 2017 at 12:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by zkettell
This lot was never made an apartment-residential I have even checked in edit town

In that case, I would suggest an old fashioned kind of lot reset. Retreat to Edit Town, evict the entire household to the side of the map, copy the uninhabited residential lot down to the bin, bulldoze the original, replace it with a copy, and move everyone back in without leaving the screen. Can you then cancel the roommate service by phone properly?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 9th Dec 2017 at 5:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
In that case, I would suggest an old fashioned kind of lot reset. Retreat to Edit Town, evict the entire household to the side of the map, copy the uninhabited residential lot down to the bin, bulldoze the original, replace it with a copy, and move everyone back in without leaving the screen. Can you then cancel the roommate service by phone properly?

I've tried the cancellation but they keep coming like I never cancelled