Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#5226 Old 17th Jan 2018 at 7:54 PM
Dunno why, but sometimes 'Bare Bones' makes me cry.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Advertisement
Scholar
#5227 Old 17th Jan 2018 at 7:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion
...So they are Sims revived as partially rotten corpses doomed to walk this earth forever, hence why they also have a free will and all.

When you phrase it that way, that is dark.
Mad Poster
#5228 Old 17th Jan 2018 at 8:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister

I can see that. It kinda...captures the innocence and hope of the game, I think.
Mad Poster
#5229 Old 17th Jan 2018 at 10:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by legacyoffailures
Man, The Sims 2 is hardcore, because it's the only series that has helicopters.

Am I honestly surprise they didn't include them in later games and not many beg for those taking a return. Really, helicopters are dope.
Test Subject
#5230 Old 17th Jan 2018 at 11:44 PM
The sims 2 actually allows my sims to reach the top of their career before they get old. I haven't really reached that goal with any sim in ts3 or ts4.

Time is so scarce in the latest two games, but ts2 actually allow your sims to get through the day without feeling you barely had time for a few activities.

Oh, and restaurants: They actually bring your food out in a reasonable time. I remember spending no less than 3 hours in a ts4 restaurant, waiting for the food. Extra waiting time if the waiter drops it!.
Mad Poster
#5231 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 12:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Aliena
Oh, and restaurants: They actually bring your food out in a reasonable time. I remember spending no less than 3 hours in a ts4 restaurant, waiting for the food.

I did that in ts2 the first time I installed Nightlife and tried to have sims eat at a restaurant! I don't know what the deal was, exactly, because this was years ago and I have hundreds more mods in my game now, but I distinctly remember my sims throwing a fit because they were starving as they waited for the food that didn't seem to be coming! Restaurants work fine in ts2 for me now, but of course my sims are hardly ever hungry when they're out and about, so I'm mostly just having them dine out to fulfill wants.

On the rest of it, though, I think the main reason why we're not so strapped for time in ts2 is that we can pretty much get as much extra time as we ever would want by just going to community lots.
Field Researcher
#5232 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 2:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister

Aaaaaah, I am not the only one! Well, the song does not make my eyes water, but every time I stop playing because of real life and I come back two years later with my mind at ease, this is the song that makes me realise how much I have missed this game. It feels like coming home. I am going to label the reason as nostalgia and fondness, I guess.
Alchemist
#5233 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 8:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pideli
Same house. I haven't used aging off and I noticed the kids got older... I should probably check closely next time to make sure everyone else is actually aging, even the adults, but I'm pretty sure they do. It's a residential lot. I have used life elixir on another adult female (her mother who is still in the process of getting 10 children), but not on this sim.

It's the aging bonuses! That's my theory anyway.

Quote: Originally posted by Pideli
I also have a problem with never being able to get older adults pregnant, even after using elixir of life, I always have to force it with insimenator. (I view it as artificial insemination, it's kind of realistic anyway :P) Maybe it has something to do with ACR or a hack after all? I also can't get pets pregnant except by insimenator. But this is the first ever immortal sim so...

It is ACR! Or rather, the combo of ACR and Inteen--which is what I have and why I recognize the problem. You'll know that ACR is the issue if, when you click for your sim's stats on the ACR controller, your sim's fertility chance is at 0, even though they are still an adult (and more than 5 days away from aging into an elder). So, if you have a mod alongside ACR that is affecting when sims can get pregnant like Inteen or a YAs can get pregnant mod, then you need to edit ACR's fertility curve and add more days to its fertility curve. The pets, though--no idea.

Oh, and ihate, Makeover is the song that does that for me, though the TS2 theme (I think it's the NL one) also gets some teary-eyed nostaglia. I really love the soundtrack for TS2 and to this day I'm still miffed that EA had the audacity to use the AL theme to market TS3. But, idk, maybe it's time to let that one go...

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Alchemist
#5234 Old 19th Jan 2018 at 4:13 PM
That SimsFileShare heart is so useful. You can use it to show appreciation, and you can use it to keep track of what you've downloaded so you don't accidentally grab it again.
Top Secret Researcher
#5235 Old 19th Jan 2018 at 4:14 PM
Oh yes, that could be it, she is one of the happier sims, constantly in platinum mood. Good theory. I'll see if she ages eventually. Maybe I should wait with the elf ears.

And okay so they should still be able to get pregnant with the usual method? That's all I'm using... so I dunno. But thanks for the help. Not a huge issue, I can always use the good ol' microwave.
Field Researcher
#5236 Old 19th Jan 2018 at 6:33 PM
ACR's Fertility curve doesn't affect any kind of try for baby that is not ACR's try for baby. If you're using just maxis objects (Beds, hot tub, car, closet etc) and the basic try for baby, ACR doesn't get involved at all. Inteen, if you have that, may I think make it harder for older sims to get pregnant, and there's a base game blanket ban on females with five or less days left before aging getting pregnant.
Scholar
#5237 Old 19th Jan 2018 at 11:23 PM
Do you ever load a new hood you haven't played before, and when you enter a house, you ever feel like you're entering a stranger's home?

Like, who are these people?

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Instructor
#5238 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 5:40 PM
Me: okay I'm going to play The Sims 2 for two hours then off to bed.

*looked at the clock*

*already 4 in the morning*

Me: my life is over.

LGBTQ+. Fans of RAMMSTEIN, GOJIRA and Architects. Check out my favorite YouTube channels: Second Thought, Adam Something, Climate Town, and Not Just Bikes
Forum Resident
#5239 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 8:00 PM
My baby names are starting to get weird as I get further into the generations. I started with Daniel, William, Natalia, Maria, and now their great-great-great grandchildren are getting names like Juni, Reign, Cambria, Kyler.

I heard about a real life celebrity's silly baby name the other day and I thought "I could use that for my sims!"
Scholar
#5240 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 9:06 PM
Names are quite interesting. Sometimes I go into some sort of a crisis when it comes to naming my sims so I just try to create someting "out of the blue" so to speak. And I do not google it first! So one of my sims is named "Siamtara Nabulu". It turned out, Siam-Tara is a resort hotel in Chiang Khong, Thailand. Nabulu on the other hand is a female name from Kenya (or Africa in general) and I did want it to sound african. The father is named Nikuhitu but I did not find any info about that name. Chinese maybe?
Mad Poster
#5241 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 9:33 PM
We have a whole thread here about naming sims: http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=583676
Link Ninja
#5242 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 9:50 PM
Some Sims Random Thoughts for the day:

I'm pretty sure sims hate paying bills as much as we do IRL because every time I have them fetch bills from the mailbox, cancel their action to find a surface to put them on, and then quickly go look at something else in game to wait while they set them down...by the time I come back the little pixel has freaking laid their bills behind a hedge or fence or in the perfect spot so I can't see them and then I have to spend time rotating the camera to see where they hid their bills from me!

Second thought: It's so very satisfying to put a sim in a bubble bath when their hygiene and comfort are low. It's kills two bird with one stone so to speak and they look so relaxed afterward :lovestruc

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Mad Poster
#5243 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 9:57 PM
I'm not that much annoyed. I can just have a sim fetch them, put them on a dedicated-coffee table I set for them, pan camera back to the mailbox and click on it to "Pay all bills". In some rare instances, I would put an automatic bill payer gadget.
Mad Poster
#5244 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 9:57 PM
Charmful, you don't have to play hunt-the-bills; just click the mailbox for the option "Pay all bills."

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#5245 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 11:14 PM Last edited by RoxEllen1965 : 20th Jan 2018 at 11:59 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Charmful
I'm pretty sure sims hate paying bills as much as we do IRL because every time I have them fetch bills from the mailbox, cancel their action to find a surface to put them on, and then quickly go look at something else in game to wait while they set them down...by the time I come back the little pixel has freaking laid their bills behind a hedge or fence or in the perfect spot so I can't see them and then I have to spend time rotating the camera to see where they hid their bills from me!

LOTS of options to deal with this:

1) "Pay all bills" by clicking on the mailbox, like Peni said.

2) Pescado's improved version of Windkeeper's mailbox cover. This has a shelf built into it so the sims don't wander all over the lot to find someplace to put their mail. Pescado improved it so ONLY mail can be put there (no newspapers, coffee cups, etc.)
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/f...al%2Fobjects%2F (look for windkeeperian.zip)

3) Pescado's Macrotastics mod has an option to Macro > Pay Bills. The sim will get the mail, but only be allowed to go a few steps from the mailbox before being forced to put it on the ground and pick it up again to pay it. This mod will recognize the mailbox cover above and use the shelf on that instead if you have it.
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/f...r=al%2Fhacks%2F (look for macrotastics.zip)

4) Monique's computers have an option under electronic banking to pay the bills online. No need to leave the house at all.
http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,93501.0.html

5. Paladin made a hacked desktop calculator that can be set to pay bills automatically. The AL version can also be set to pay apartment rent automatically.
ihatemandatoryregister's SFS account has them here under "Objects - Home Life Improvements." The old version is Automatic-Bill-Payer. The AL version is Automatic-Rent-Payer.
http://simfileshare.net/folder/15687/
Mad Poster
#5246 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 11:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
I can just have a sim fetch them, put them on a dedicated-coffee table I set for them, pan camera back to the mailbox and click on it to "Pay all bills".

Yes, this! I always put a cheap one-tile coffee table or end table out front of the house near the mailbox.

Quote: Originally posted by Charmful
Second thought: It's so very satisfying to put a sim in a bubble bath when their hygiene and comfort are low. It's kills two bird with one stone so to speak and they look so relaxed afterward :lovestruc

I also have a mod that makes bubble baths fun! :D
Alchemist
#5247 Old 21st Jan 2018 at 6:02 AM
Speaking of coffee tables near the mailbox... There's Nanette's Rock. But personally, I second using Monique's computer. No need to get the mail at all!

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#5248 Old 21st Jan 2018 at 11:20 AM
Windkeeper, I think, made a special mailbox cover that has a shelf for the bills. There's lots of nice recolours of it too.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Test Subject
#5249 Old 21st Jan 2018 at 12:16 PM Last edited by dairyprince : 21st Jan 2018 at 3:23 PM. Reason: fixed a typo
There's some recolors of the mailbox cover here with the mesh included in case you don't want to mess with going on TSR to find Windkeeper's original ones.

Also....the pay all bills option is great most of the time, but it doesn't always work very well for me with lower income households & a harder bills mod; I usually have to spread them out and pay as late as I can get away with so that the family I'm playing doesn't go broke from having to pay everything all at once.
Link Ninja
#5250 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 2:00 AM
I'm feeling a bit tired and want to go to my nearest house pant and somehow make it do a thing where my energy is suddenly at full.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Page 210 of 511