Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st May 2014 at 4:19 AM
Default Low resolution texture on accessory?
Perhaps, this question already being asked before....but I don't know where to find and it's better to ask again.

I made a jacket as an accessory. Cut the mesh from EA jacket mesh and convert it to accessory thru TSRW. The problem is, the texture resolution of the jacket became low resolution. I choose a World Adventure's Egyptian armband as the base and then replaced the mesh and the texture to the jacket one.

I didn't change the texture size, it still the same size as the original jacket texture, as I just did some modification by removing all non-jacket parts. I extracted the texture files from already made jacket accessory package file, and the size is still the same size as the original (not downsized).

I wonder, is there any way to change the parameter inside the package using S3PE, to change from low resolution texture to normal? Perhaps this is because I use armband as the base that cause this.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 1st May 2014 at 4:28 AM
i don't think there is a way to edit it in the package file, the game automatically "downscales" all the texture sizes on accessories, no matter what size you make them. Only way to get the high resolution textures to show is to "uncap" that restriction with a HQ mod.
Also if you have more than two accessories on a sim, it will also show much lower quality textures on all of them.

my tumblr - sim pics and downloads
my dreamwidth - ts2 downloads
linkdecrypter - bypass adfly and other harmful pay per click download link hiders
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st May 2014 at 4:37 AM
I saw other people jacket don't have the problem as mine.

Some even have oversized.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 3rd Jun 2014 at 12:54 AM
I have the same problem, but I see that some creators accessories doesn't blur when adding more accessories. I already fixed my texture (it was too small) but didn't help too. I don't know why some accessories blur and others don't... I'm trying to fix it for a long time, If I find something new I'll post here. If you discover something about it please tell me too

lavoieri.tumblr.com :)