Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 3:36 AM Last edited by PoisonFrog : 2nd Oct 2014 at 8:39 PM.
Default Cult of the Infinite Eight

PROLOGUE:

Your young bright-eyed, bushy-tailed sim has found religion and joined a new cult in town...HellYeahlujah! All of Infinity can be yours if only you truly believe in the power of the Eight! After all, what's infinity but a fallen 8!

Do that which is required of you, follow the precepts unerringly, never, ever harbour doubt, and the Eight will shower you in love and good fortune. And the AntiLlama shall never permeate your aura!! Go forth and let the world bask in your radiance!!!

OBJECTIVE:

Complete eight of ten randomly chosen tributes to The Eight, in eight weeks, to win.
Complete all ten to be raised up as a God/Goddesi.

REQUIREMENTS:

Master Controller .........You'll also want the 'Cheats' module on that page.

Download the attached zip(which contains some needed files), at the bottom of this post, or get it from my 4shared account: Cult.zip

RECOMMENDATIONS:

While you can play this with only the base game, the more expansions you have, the easier it will be and the more tribute options you'll have. I created it using eight expansions, so as not to incur the wrath of the eight

Awesomemod

Woohooer

SETUP:

Start with only one sim, randomize their traits - take 8 rolls of the dice, then pick the tastiest bowl of llama puddin'. Do this in CAS so you can use undo/redo to shuffle through the 8 dice rolls .

Because you took a vow of poverty, you start with an empty 10 x 10 lot and no money(you can use the Master Controller mod to zero your simoleans).
You'll probably need to go into 'Edit Town' mode and bulldoze a lot so you can place a 10 x 10 lot, as I doubt you'll find many pre-existing ones. After you plop down the lot, you can grab it and press the Alt key and spin it to get more accurate placement and rotation...it will then snap to the streets, also.

Use the normal lifespan setting and high free will.

Set your game to allow more than eight sims on your lot if you have tributes that will necessitate it. You can use Master controller or Awesomemod for this.

Zero the Young Adult cycle, so your sim gets the full 21 days. You can do this with Master Controller by clicking your sim then...
Nraas/Master Controller/Sim/Intermediate/Age:Relative > then enter a negative sign in front of the pre-existing number.

Save Your Game!

You will also need a tracking sheet to mark your progress, there are some in the attached Cult.zip in the Quick Start/Ready to Play folder.
Otherwise you can make your own using the number sets folder.

GAMEPLAY:

Save your game, then randomize your traits in CAS every Sunday(pick the best of eight rolls), think of it as a spiritual rebirth.
**Make sure you have the same Lifetime Wish before exiting CAS, or you'll lose all your progress towards that goal.**

Shrines can't be demolished or desecrated once built, except Luciji inferni's. The contents of shrines can be sold at endgame to meet financial obligations.

There is a one week travel limit to other worlds, because it extends the timeline of the challenge.

No using the 'Check Lotto Records/ Insider Tip' interaction.

Can only own 1 Plumbot/Servo at a time...building more is okay, as long as all but one are sold immediately.

Ligers and tigons and zonkeys...oh my!

EPILOGUE:

This is my first challenge and I wanted something of limited duration, but challenging, so that I might get through it without my game going Defcon 1.

This challenge is meant to be hard, but possible. It's not always a case of winning, but how close you get...like drone planes and hand grenades.

I tried to keep the rules as simple as possible, but with progressive complexity in the actual game play...it can get to be a real nail
biter. You may even need a bit of strategy.

Suggestions for more tributes are always welcome. Looking for: challenging, fun, and interesting...and eightish. There are currently 32 tributes, and I'd love to get it up into the 64,80,88 realms.

{Rev 3.3}
The truth always looks a lie, through the eyes of a sinner!
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Cult_14-10-01.zip (2.31 MB, 10 downloads) - View custom content
Description: needful things

Simulis
απολαυστικά κακό
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 10:51 AM
it looks like a really chaotic challenge, nuts even. Could be fun though, I like the whole eight theme. I did play a sim who was on a path to enlightenment once. Anywhoodles.
Are you allowed to play with the celebrity system on (and sell stuff you get for being a celebrity)? Are you allowed to travel? How about the money tree?

Can children contribute by painting, collecting, getting a part time job as teens?

Absolutely Cuckoo - I'm Surrounded By Idiots
Pollard - a Boolprop EPIC challenge
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 2:15 PM Last edited by PoisonFrog : 10th Sep 2014 at 10:03 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by toxi
it looks like a really chaotic challenge, nuts even. Could be fun though, I like the whole eight theme. I did play a sim who was on a path to enlightenment once. Anywhoodles.
Are you allowed to play with the celebrity system on (and sell stuff you get for being a celebrity)? Are you allowed to travel? How about the money tree?

Can children contribute by painting, collecting, getting a part time job as teens?

I've only played the celebrity thing a little, and years ago. Ask yourself if it breaks the money requirement or not. Generally, things are allowed unless otherwise stated. If I become aware of some challenge breaking exploit, I'll add it to the list. Right now, the only financial thing you can't do is use the 'Insider Tip' ploy on the lottery...I could easily make $3 million in a week using that. Without it, I've won $150,000 and $15,000 in two weeks...and used the money to purchase the largest resort in Isla Paradiso(worth about $250,000).

Travel is limited to 1 week total, because of the time continuum...it extends the timeline of the challenge. I've never been to any of the WA worlds because I heard they were horribly buggy and game breaking. Do the WA worlds operate inside the timeline of your homeworld or do they have their own independant timeline like Oasis Landing(ITF)?

Anyone in the home can contribute, even the mangy cats I use a couple plumbots, a nanny and a hunter/gatherer...my alpha sim is eternally busy with pregnancies, skilling, and what have you.

EDIT: Did a little research on travel and all worlds do add to the challenge timeline, so there is a '7 day total' limit on travel.

Link

Simulis
απολαυστικά κακό
Scholar
#4 Old 11th Sep 2014 at 8:35 AM
This is...So fun. I honestly can't wait to try it out, it looks so chaotic!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 11th Sep 2014 at 3:28 PM
My first attempt was an epic fail. On Sunday night after 1 week, the girl was still pregnant, I was at level 4 in fishing, level 3 gardening and had made about 1900.

Nate the Great (not so great actually) lives in a tent and has a shower, a toilet and a fridge. No chair. His only friend is the girl he impregnated (in the cinema).

He has four cats, I think he petted the first 2 once on the first day, and after that he hasn't had the time. He's constantly hungry, tired, germy, cold or sunburned, dirty, has to pee, feeling lonely and rage-quits his fishing trips.The cats contribute way more by fishing than he does. And now Autumn is upon them. Poor cats. At least he has his tent.

This is HARD! Is it even possible without ITF?

edit: Yeah, also - a burglar came! Great. She stole... the scratching post. Yep.

Absolutely Cuckoo - I'm Surrounded By Idiots
Pollard - a Boolprop EPIC challenge
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 11th Sep 2014 at 6:17 PM Last edited by PoisonFrog : 12th Sep 2014 at 2:41 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by toxi
This is HARD! Is it even possible without ITF?

Well, ITF is required, mainly because it extends the timeline of the challenge in a better fashion than the WA Worlds, which require a 3 day minimum stay, I think.
But to answer your question...you can win the challenge without ITF, but I'm doubtful you could attain the top tier 'Hand of God' status without ITF. This is a hard challenge, and that's on purpose, to make it more fun, more challenging, and add replay value. It doesn't always have a happy ending, hence the name. I've crunched the numbers a few times, and this challenge is definitely win-able.

Tip: There are ways to cheat the timeline a bit.

EDIT: After looking at the numbers...I could take 4 days off the required age if anyone doesn't have ITF...so your eighth child would need to be 8 Days into the Teen life stage at the end of eight weeks, instead of 12. I'll keep ITF as required for now, but post this as an experimental option. I'd like to have as few requirements as possible.

Simulis
απολαυστικά κακό
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 10:15 PM Last edited by PoisonFrog : 30th Sep 2014 at 10:40 PM.
I've done a huge rewrite to this challenge and added a Random Tribute system to make it:
1) more accessible to different expansion configurations
2) more replayable, due to the variety of combinations
3 increase the amount of strategy required to win
4) be truer to the back story, for increased immersion
5) reduce overcrowding on the lot caused by too many cats...I switched to large birds, which is much easier on the computer.

I've been playing it in for about a week and am very happy with the new dynamics.There are currently 32 tributes (see the spoiler in the 'Objective' section). I would like to double that, so I'm open to suggestions for new ones....

Simulis
απολαυστικά κακό
Scholar
#8 Old 1st Oct 2014 at 9:51 PM
Hey, um, what does the mod do?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 1st Oct 2014 at 11:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by IrishA03
Hey, um, what does the mod do?

That's for tribute #14:

14) Pay weekly tithings:10% of your holdings and simoleans. Based on the highest amount attained each Sunday, or use my Tithings mod in the Cult.zip for autonomous payment with bills. You may be able to set this in Nraas Story Progression, too?

While it's not essential, I made it as a convenience, so no one needs to calculate out tithings. Regular bills are 1.3% of your simoleans and other holdings. The mod autonomously combines your tithings with your bills(10% + 1.3% = 11.3% weekly). It also changes bill days to Tue,Fri instead of Tue,Thu. I made it after posting in this thread:

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=536616

So, thanks out to Nona Mena @ Simlogical for showing the way

Simulis
απολαυστικά κακό