Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#151 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 12:44 AM Last edited by toxi : 25th Mar 2018 at 9:47 PM.

6.5 - Rock-a-bye Bowl

One death and one wedding, one mac&cheese bowl in a crib.

edit: actually TWO deaths and one wedding

Absolutely Cuckoo - I'm Surrounded By Idiots
Pollard - a Boolprop EPIC challenge
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#152 Old 25th Jul 2019 at 7:57 PM

6.7 - you totally thought I'd never return

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#153 Old 1st Sep 2019 at 2:43 PM
Default 2 updates in one
I forgot to post when I updated, so here are two posts. :/

6.8 - Five little ducks

6.9 - It's a (brand new) madhouse!

Test Subject
#154 Old 2nd Mar 2020 at 12:56 AM
Hi! First of all, sorry if my english sucks, I'm working on it. Second, I hope I'm not necroposting here but I want to say that this is a really fun challenge and I wanted to give it a new try. In fact, today I posted my first chapter and I'm kinda excited. Here is my blog https://nitzims.wordpress.com

Anyway, I wanted to ask here (I don't know if this is the right place) if there are more simmers doing this challenge. I am a late member of this community so many of the blogs I checked no longer exist or there are problems with the photos (especially with photobucket). I would like to read new stories, afterall I think this is my favourite challenge.

Thanks in advance.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#155 Old 5th Apr 2020 at 11:00 AM Last edited by toxi : 5th Apr 2020 at 9:16 PM.
It's been a gazillion months, but here's an update from the Cuckoos!

6.10 - Gulliver is getting big

Test Subject
#156 Old 5th May 2020 at 6:33 AM Last edited by CeresIn : 5th May 2020 at 9:24 PM.
I'm started this challenge for the third time, I lost the previous attempts due PC problems but here I am again with the same founder.

1.1 Is this a Punishment?

Edit:
Chapter 2 is up! 1.2 Of Puddles and Guitar
Test Subject
#157 Old 7th May 2020 at 11:30 PM
I started a Do it as You Go and ISBI challenge combo. My intention wasn't to write a story about this but I found a lot of hilarity and had to share it. I have two founder because of the Do it as you go rules, but only one is the torch holder. The first chapter had the same name as the story.
Chapter 1: Disaster in the Making
Screenshots
Test Subject
#158 Old 10th May 2020 at 8:23 PM Last edited by Numen Nella : 12th May 2020 at 7:08 AM.
Another chapter, I'm having a blast. I haven't had that much fun in a game in a long time!

Chapter 2: Six Litte Burritos

Edit: Chapter 3: I Think Somenone is Unlucky
Test Subject
#159 Old 18th May 2020 at 12:01 AM Last edited by nitzims : 18th May 2020 at 3:56 AM.
Hi there! I want to share my ISBI as well, I've been updating it in my blog since march.
Here are all my updates, just today I posted the 12th update.

Screenshots
Test Subject
#160 Old 24th May 2020 at 6:02 AM
Instructor
#161 Old 12th Sep 2020 at 12:40 AM
If anybody still reads this, is it OK for us to click on the "go to work" icon on the UI if the carpool does not show up for the spouse/idiot ?
Test Subject
#162 Old 12th Sep 2020 at 7:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sonshine
If anybody still reads this, is it OK for us to click on the "go to work" icon on the UI if the carpool does not show up for the spouse/idiot ?

I would say yes, because I would take it as fixing a glitch. At least I make that exception in those commands, like when the school bus doesn't show up either.

Looking at the forum today, I realized that I had not posted the new chapter in this thread. Here's it: Chapter 5: And Then the Storm
Instructor
#163 Old 15th Sep 2020 at 8:21 AM Last edited by Sonshine : 16th Sep 2020 at 3:07 AM.
Hi Nella! Thanks for the answer and update. I just thought of something. When do you make the heir/heiress active? When she becomes a YA? and then mom and dad both become "idiots?"

I have another question, Can I sell produce that the TH grows? Related to that, can I put a TH into the Gardener career and sell the produce as a gardener?
Test Subject
#164 Old 18th Sep 2020 at 7:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sonshine
Hi Nella! Thanks for the answer and update. I just thought of something. When do you make the heir/heiress active? When she becomes a YA? and then mom and dad both become "idiots?"

I have another question, Can I sell produce that the TH grows? Related to that, can I put a TH into the Gardener career and sell the produce as a gardener?

About the heir/heiress that's exactly what the challenge said, they become the new TH at YA and the previous heir (or founder) become an idiot at the same time.

About the TH selling produce, that would be a yes if you're following the originals rules, the TH can basically makes money in any way. If you are playing with Toxi's rules (the new ones) she has this rule: "...Your sims make their money solely from heir’s and spouse’s jobs & investments (optional)..." but as the rule says, it's optional. For my part I allow Marge (my TH) to make money in any way possible. I know you're doing this with the Do it as you go challenge too, so the job sometimes change to accommodate that challenge rolls, she could be rolling a new job in the future and still sell the produce she grows. Hope it's help!
Instructor
#165 Old 19th Sep 2020 at 10:49 AM
Thanks! I hadn't looked at the original rules yet. I am relieve to see this. She has 3 money trees and a seed to grow another one. They also have a cat now who is hunting. It's nice to be able to sell the prey. They really could use the money especially since I had to build a tower, LOL. Kitty is at lev 6 now in the medical career. Fortunately, I've not rolled "get a new job" yet.
Test Subject
#166 Old 15th Dec 2020 at 6:25 AM
I have a new chapter, it's time for Marge's revenge

Chapter 6: Marge's Revenge
Test Subject
#167 Old 7th Jan 2021 at 6:30 PM
Hello! I have a new chapter

Chapter 7: Family Time
Test Subject
#168 Old 29th Jan 2021 at 4:14 AM
Putting this update here too!

Chapter 8: All the Kisses
Test Subject
#169 Old 7th May 2021 at 11:21 PM
A new chapter! Chapter 9: I don't Have a Name for This

I moved the story to WordPress.
Test Subject
#170 Old 7th Jun 2021 at 7:00 AM
Chapter 10: The Simpsons Olympics

A new Torch Holder had been chosen!
Test Subject
#171 Old 10th Jun 2021 at 4:42 PM
Chapter 11: The Ursurpation

Another chapter!
Test Subject
#172 Old 7th Aug 2021 at 7:43 AM
Scholar
#173 Old 7th Aug 2021 at 12:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Numen Nella
Chapter 12: A New Kingdom

Chapter 13: A Queen Dignity

you should also put your story on boolprop
Test Subject
#174 Old 8th Aug 2021 at 7:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Skyegal19
you should also put your story on boolprop

It's already there! But thank you for the suggestion.
Test Subject
#175 Old 5th Feb 2022 at 3:57 PM
Page 7 of 8