Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Jun 2020 at 12:48 AM
Default The Sims 3 crashes in view map
I have a problem with The Sims 3. I have a simple notebook with an Intel HD 4000 that offers good performance on The Sims 3 (at least for me). However, when installing the expansion Pets, the game, after some time playing, closes by itself when opening the map. I saw that it is a problem related to deer, I don't particularly like them, so is it possible to prevent their generation or another possible cause for this problem?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 4th Jun 2020 at 1:44 AM
How much RAM does your laptop have?

Always do your best.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Jun 2020 at 11:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AzemOcram
How much RAM does your laptop have?

currently has 6 GB
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th Jun 2020 at 12:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
you can use nraas register's animal control to disable deer. but 6 GB is not going to run well with more expansions.

Game can use max 3.2GB ~ 3.5. your OS and other processes is going to take another 1-2GB and your Intel HD, assuming med setting or lower approx 300-500mB. And winOS swap file triggers at 1GB limit.

so you're looking at...

Best case say game runs at 3GB + 1GB OS + 0.3GB vram + 1GB swap limit = 5.3GB. But it is unlikely.

Most likely, 3GB game + 2GB OS + 0.3GB vram + 1 GB swap = 6.3GB

Worst case, 3.2GB + 2.5GB OS + 0.5GB vram + 1 GB swap = 7.2GB

That is, if you only play the game, no web surfing.

I made some optimizations on my notebook, so the performance of games like The Sims on it is very good.

I run The Sims 3 with Chrome when I need to download worlds to put in my game, I usually have no problems. Problems only start after a while playing live (when Pets spawns deer).

Do you know how to disable deer by nrass? I looked, but I didn't find it.
Scholar
#6 Old 6th Jun 2020 at 5:06 AM
Nrass Register is what you need
I believe the path is
Nrass/Register/Animal Control/Change the values to 0 for what you don't want in your game.

Wren-der Simblr // Sim Art // Pictures // Downloads // Random Nonsensical Rambling