Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Oct 2017 at 6:24 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Toddler Sim Not Growing Up
Hi again, according to directions, I'm starting a new thread. I'm getting tons of errors w/one sim who by looks, grew into a child, but the game is still reading her as a toddler. I read Numenor's directions for how to read the error log, but it doesn't help w/mine. Here is the log as it appears in my game I also included what is in the Logs file:
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 23rd Oct 2017 at 6:56 PM
Use a mod to age the sim to a toddler (not age up/down, but choose the toddler age). Then choose the child age. If that doesn't work, you should be able to set the proper age with SimPE.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Oct 2017 at 9:55 PM
This is odd. When I opened her file in simpe, it shows her as a toddler, but says that she is a child. I designated her as a toddler and will enter the game to see what happens.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 23rd Oct 2017 at 11:08 PM
I would also run Hood Checker in case of corruption.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#5 Old 23rd Oct 2017 at 11:15 PM
It's possible you accidentally made a toddler-child by doing the steps without knowing. It's a known bug, sometimes exploited for its occasional usefulness in that you can make a sim act younger or older than it looks. SimPE kind of has two age settings (visible and actual age), so you can set a sim to be another age without them changing looks. I did that for a few of my sims, such as Amadeus in the pic below (baby acting as toddler - the SimPE method is the only way to do this with babies, because sims acting as babies will cause errors). I've had it happen by accident a few times, but it's usually fixable ingame as long as the sim is not acting as a baby. Baby-sims are only fixable via SimPE.

Field Researcher
#6 Old 23rd Oct 2017 at 11:51 PM
@simmer22 Those pics are adorable. :lovestruc
Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 23rd Oct 2017 at 11:53 PM
I highly doubt that I did this b/c I never touched SimPE until this happened. The problem started I think last night when I started the game up. One of the girls aged up normally w/o the cake and I had to take the other one to the cake. When I quit, they looked like normal children. Now, the whole family is corrupted. The husband is also glitched when he comes home from work as well as the other twin. JoandSarah, how do I run a hood checker? This whole family is corrupted now and I don't know about others.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 24th Oct 2017 at 12:29 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 24th Oct 2017 at 12:45 AM.
It can happen ingame, though most often if you use mods to age up/down the sim, then delete the sim, or save or don't save in the wrong places. Like I said, I've had this happen by accident a few times - usually resulting in a baby-sim, and those are usually not possible to fix ingame.

You can do it in SimPE in a more controlled way, and that's what I did with the baby in the pics. The controlled ingame method is described in the spoiler, but there are a few other ways to do it, either by accident or on purpose. It may also be a sign of hood or lot corruption.

Instructor
Original Poster
#9 Old 24th Oct 2017 at 2:05 AM
As I said before, I used no mods or SimPE to age them. I used the cake one one and the other aged up normally w/o the cake before all of this happened. Now the whole family is corrupted. I'm wondering about either moving them out and back in or to a different lot or something. Maybe just put them in the library and totally delete the current family and put a new copy of them down.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 24th Oct 2017 at 2:10 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 24th Oct 2017 at 3:15 AM.
I think it can sometimes also happen with the cake or normal aging up. If the sim isn't saved after, and there's an error or some sort happening (particularly if the sim is temporarily deleted, like if you delete them with Moveobjects turned on), you can get the same problem.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 24th Oct 2017 at 2:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sonshine
Maybe just put them in the library and totally delete the current family and put a new copy of them down.

I hope you don't mean you're considering actually deleting your sims, as deleting sims shreds their character data and will corrupt your hood.
Instructor
Original Poster
#12 Old 24th Oct 2017 at 2:48 AM
If I put them into the library, it only puts a copy of them there. What should I do w/the old one (the one that is currently on the lot)?
Mad Poster
#13 Old 24th Oct 2017 at 3:23 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 24th Oct 2017 at 3:50 AM.
You should never put occupied lots in the lot library, or place occupied lots from the library in the neighborhood, because it probably will cause corruption. Only the occupied EAxis lots that came with the EPs are somewhat safe to put in a neighborhood.

Previously owned lots aren't entirely safe to put in the lot library and it's a good idea to clean them up before placing them in a neighborhood - but they're probably not as bad as occupied lots. Only lots previously not occupied by sims are safe to put in the library.

If you have done any of this, the neighborhood may be starting to show signs of corruption by now. The aging problem together with suddenly unplayable lots can potentially be symptoms of a failing neighborhood. Sometimes corruption can take time to start showing, and other times it can happen rather quick.

Moving sims via use of the computer or newspaper should be safe. Possibly also by moving the sims to the sim bin while in the neighborhood screen (but I can't remember if this makes the family available for all neighborhoods, and if so it's not safe).
Instructor
Original Poster
#14 Old 24th Oct 2017 at 3:49 AM
Do you think it would help if I had one of the other families invite them to move in and then have them find their own (new) place? I've not done any of what I said above. It was only an idea.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 24th Oct 2017 at 3:53 AM
Your idea might work, as long as the sims aren't too corrupted.

Whatever you decide to do, take a backup of the neighborhood folder first. That way you at least have the opportunity to extract sims with SimPE (for cloning in Bodyshop) and extracting lots (pack with Clean Installer, and clean out sim references) before they all become unplayable and corrupted beyond saving. There are ways to safely clean up both sims and lots for use in a new neighborhood.
Instructor
Original Poster
#16 Old 24th Oct 2017 at 7:02 AM
Well, I moved the whole family back in w/mom and dad, totally bulldozed the old house and created a new lot and house for them. It seems as though it must have been the lot that was corrupted. Everything seems to be working out good now.
Mad Poster
#17 Old 24th Oct 2017 at 4:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Possibly also by moving the sims to the sim bin while in the neighborhood screen (but I can't remember if this makes the family available for all neighborhoods, and if so it's not safe).

It does not make them available in all the hoods. They remain only selectable for the current hood.

I recently had something like this happen and I finally just killed the family off.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#18 Old 24th Oct 2017 at 11:20 PM
Check your anti virus, at one time I updated to a new virus protector and windows and the combination and new setting corrupted my sims age up. I had to play with the virus protector turned off.

Just run hood checker and click remove.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
Original Poster
#19 Old 25th Oct 2017 at 4:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by smorbie1
I recently had something like this happen and I finally just killed the family off.

Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Check your anti virus, at one time I updated to a new virus protector and windows and the combination and new setting corrupted my sims age up. I had to play with the virus protector turned off.

Just run hood checker and click remove.

Smorbie and Jo, as I said above, things are working now. I've not changed antivirus programs at all, but for some reason the lot had become corrupted. Also, I tried running that hood checker and I think every single sim had an "invalid relationship w/self" or "sim doesn't exist" or invalid sim. I found it confusing and didn't know what to look for. Things are working great now. Once I moved them into the new house, the kids remained kids and no more error msgs. Thanks!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#20 Old 25th Oct 2017 at 8:41 AM
You need to run it and select remove, most of that sounds like corruption. You don't have to know how to do anything, you let it do its thing.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#21 Old 25th Oct 2017 at 9:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sonshine
"invalid relationship w/self" or "sim doesn't exist"

Those two are extremely common and show up all the time in my Hood Checker. I can play for maybe half and hour and have at least 5-10 of those pop up. As Jo said, just tell it to "remove" everything; if it can't fix something, that's when I'd start to worry.
Mad Poster
#22 Old 25th Oct 2017 at 2:13 PM
Wait, I just run hood checker and that's all I have to do? Wow. I didn't download and install it on this computer because I couldn't figure out how to make it work. And it was working all the time!
That's cool.
Let me go grab it for this computer.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#23 Old 25th Oct 2017 at 7:09 PM
smorbie, normally I tell it to "check" to see if there are any problems (there usually are if I've played the hood at all since last running it), then tell it to "remove," and then tell it to "check" once again just to be sure everything's really gone. But you really only need to do the "remove" step.