Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#7801 Old 7th Aug 2018 at 10:19 PM Last edited by igazor : 8th Aug 2018 at 3:51 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Orilon
Thank you for the information. I didn't know that the human is used as a surrogate in an abduction and thought that the child would have the genetics from both.

To be fair, if this topic was covered thoroughly in mandatory High School Biology or Health classes (or the equivalent), I must have been absent on the day it was.
Advertisement
#7802 Old 8th Aug 2018 at 2:39 PM
I was going to ask in the WCIF area for a mod for this but I realized that it may not even be possible. Is it possible to have some function in the game that sorts accessories in CAS by category? I hate having to scroll through an endless stream of necklaces and earrings to get down to the socks at the very bottom.
Mad Poster
#7803 Old 9th Aug 2018 at 10:59 PM
Are aliens considered an Occult?

Marc Keaton (the son of premades Justine and Marty) married my CAS Sims older alien daughter, and celebrity gossip is that he is woohooing with an occult. His wife is an alien, so are the rumors true or is there something he can do about it?

(Poor guy can't win. His wife is an alien, but if he woohoos a human he's cheating.)
Mad Poster
#7804 Old 9th Aug 2018 at 11:26 PM
Are aliens considered an Occult?

Marc Keaton (the son of premades Justine and Marty) married my CAS Sims older alien daughter, and celebrity gossip is that he is woohooing with an occult. His wife is an alien, so are the rumors true or is there something he can do about it?

(Poor guy can't win. His wife is an alien, but if he woohoos a human he's cheating.)

It might depend on who's asking (context), but I believe the answer is yes. The only difference between Aliens and other occults is that a sim is officially considered an Alien if they have at least 20% Alien DNA. MasterController can be used to view and change that DNA amount. The other occult states are more like on/off switches. Meaning there is no such thing as a half-vampire for example or someone who is slightly werewolf-ish. Even if only one parent is a vamp, and even if hybrids (multiple occult states) are allowed for, either the child is a fully fledged vamp or they are not.
Mad Poster
#7805 Old 10th Aug 2018 at 12:57 AM
In the context of the celebrity disgrace system. Marc is a level one or two celebrity and the last several times he woohooed with his wife I got the notification that he was disgraced for woohooing with an occult and has the disgraced celebrity moodlet. I had him sue for slander the first time and he lost the case. When he woohooed with her agian he got the moodlet again.

She has 100% alien DNA being the child of alien abduction. Its going to get old really fast if he gets the moodlet every single time he woohoos with her. Is there a way to turn it off?
Mad Poster
#7806 Old 10th Aug 2018 at 6:17 AM
In the context of the celebrity disgrace system. Marc is a level one or two celebrity and the last several times he woohooed with his wife I got the notification that he was disgraced for woohooing with an occult and has the disgraced celebrity moodlet. I had him sue for slander the first time and he lost the case. When he woohooed with her agian he got the moodlet again.

She has 100% alien DNA being the child of alien abduction. Its going to get old really fast if he gets the moodlet every single time he woohoos with her. Is there a way to turn it off?

NRaas StoryProgression has options to disallow celebrity disgrace by type, this is one of them.

If not using NRaas SP, I'm afraid there might not be a solution for this other than switching off the entire celebrity system. Would have thought the Above Reproach LTR might help, but apparently in this case it does not.
Instructor
#7807 Old 10th Aug 2018 at 2:50 PM

You need to register at the Asylum to see and download it, but this is pretty much what you're looking for - No Celebrity Disgrace. There are a few versions and one removes exactly the disgrace for woohooing with an occult. I use the 'No Disgrace for Anything' in the saves where my sims tend to misbehave on the regular cause that moodlet got old and annoying pretty quick. I think the last straw was the 'Child Out of Wedlock' thing where the parents were living together for a million years and just weren't married - seriously, what is that, the moral police?! Go climb a cactus, celebrity system.
Mad Poster
#7808 Old 10th Aug 2018 at 8:29 PM
I do use Nraas SP, but didn't know that it had those options.

Thank you enable_llamas that was what I was looking for. I forgot to look at the Asylum for Late Night mods after I installed Late Night.
Mad Poster
#7809 Old 10th Aug 2018 at 11:54 PM
On the SP end, that would be
NRaas > General Options > Options:Friendships > Options:Celebrities > Disallow Disgrace by Type
(SP Relationship add-on module required)

Not everyone thinks to look for Celebrity options under "Friendship," but this is how they are sub-categorized both in the game's tuning and within SP.
Inventor
#7810 Old 11th Aug 2018 at 12:40 AM
What does this tag mean above a residential lot?
Mad Poster
#7811 Old 11th Aug 2018 at 1:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by chokolady
What does this tag mean above a residential lot?

I believe that one means the lot type is Residential-(Player) Ownable rather than Residential-Regular. Meaning that other inactive sims cannot move into it, but it's available for purchase by an actively played household (or is already owned as a second home, I keep getting those map tags mixed up myself). Does anyone own it and what does the lot type say in Edit Town?
Mad Poster
#7812 Old 11th Aug 2018 at 8:30 AM
Planning on reinstalling Island Paradise- is the lag largely contained within Isla Paradise, or does it affect other worlds as well?
Scholar
#7813 Old 11th Aug 2018 at 10:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
Planning on reinstalling Island Paradise- is the lag largely contained within Isla Paradise, or does it affect other worlds as well?

I think Nraas go here and the route fixed worlds take care of most problems.
Mad Poster
#7814 Old 11th Aug 2018 at 6:14 PM
So it sounds largely like an issue caused by Isla Paradiso itself? Sound good
Mad Poster
#7815 Old 11th Aug 2018 at 6:21 PM
The only problem I have with the IP expansion is in worlds where sims try to route places by boat, but the waterways are too narrow (e.g., Riverview) to allow for that and they get stuck going in circles with no way to reach the shore. NRaas GoHere, the current version, fixes that with its option to disallow boat routing.

As for Isla Paradiso itself, I had only minimal problems there once I took some steps to fix the world up, get rid of a few very difficult or impossible to fix residential lots, and move most of the premades living on houseboats to residences inland because there were far too many of them on houseboats to start for that to work well. Since then another approach has evolved.
https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/di...oving-ip-lag/p1
Mad Poster
#7816 Old 12th Aug 2018 at 6:37 AM
Is there any way of removing foundation posts (the ones from the IP patch) from lots after you've placed them from the Library?

It seems like another one of those bugs they never fixed.
Top Secret Researcher
#7817 Old 12th Aug 2018 at 3:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
Is there any way of removing foundation posts (the ones from the IP patch) from lots after you've placed them from the Library?

It seems like another one of those bugs they never fixed.

Answer is yes, there is a way. Sadly, I don't recall how I did it. I remember it being tedious and never used those again because any changes are tedious... Part senility, part just a terrible memory that I didn't want to relive Pretty sure it involves a NRAAS mod (all good things come from NRAAS mods) like MC or Debug, and clicking on each post.

Sims are better than us.
#7818 Old 16th Aug 2018 at 4:13 AM
What are "pose packs" FOR? Just for screenshots?
Top Secret Researcher
#7819 Old 16th Aug 2018 at 4:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BlackjackGabbiani
What are "pose packs" FOR? Just for screenshots?

Yes

Sims are better than us.
Mad Poster
#7820 Old 16th Aug 2018 at 4:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
This isn't a help question, but I need opinions.

I bought a new tower yesterday as the one I had my game on decided that it doesn't like TS3 anymore. I tried playing my game 4 different times and every time I tried, it crashed. Knowing that I haven't installed anything lately either in the form of CC or mods, I took it as a sign that it was time to retire the ancient system I was playing on.

I spent the wee hours of this morning fighting with Windoze 10 and NET.Framwork, but aside from that, my game runs better than it has in a long time. Currently I have it installed on the regular hard drive, but before I get proverbially settled in to this new system, I'm wondering if it would be worth it to move everything over to the SSD? I've never had a system with a SSD, so I don't know if all the hype about them is true or not.

Thoughts?

TS3 will benefit from being installed on an SSD, and also by having one's user game folder on one -- Documents can be redirected in its entirety at the Windows level or symlinks can be used. Some games/other programs show no benefit, TS4 happens to be one of those. The places that show marked improvement are loadups, saves, caching, and CAS and Build/Buy catalog building and display. For actual gameplay once things are going, I don't think there's much or any difference.

The threshold question though would be is this SSD also running Windows and how much space have you got to work with on either drive. Both Windows and the game need a fair amount of free space to maneuver properly, so a 128 GB or smaller SSD is not going to cut it. A 256 GB might, but over time you'll likely be forever shuffling things like content and saved games around to other drives to keep enough free space.
#7821 Old 16th Aug 2018 at 5:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown

Yes

You seem surprised. I've never used them and I see them everywhere. I don't know what they're for. There's no need for the look.
Field Researcher
#7822 Old 16th Aug 2018 at 10:26 AM
I feel like I'm going insane...

I distinctly remember there existing a parking space for community lots (White painted outline?) and being able to line them up next to each other to create parking. I checked community objects, I checked cars, I checked buydebug, but it's just.. gone. What happened to it? Did this even exist in the first place?
Forum Resident
#7823 Old 16th Aug 2018 at 4:53 PM Last edited by Deshong : 16th Aug 2018 at 5:03 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by BlackjackGabbiani
You seem surprised. I've never used them and I see them everywhere. I don't know what they're for. There's no need for the look.

There are different reasons why some may use pose player/poses. For me, it's nice to hang up photos of in-game screenshots in the Sim's homes even though it's through a program/mod. Sometimes I just like taking screenshots other than just gameplay even though I never fail to find something to capture that's interesting.

Lately I've been very much into creating different outfits for a Sims wardrobe's or to get a visual idea of what certain makeup colors look like, etc.

Quote: Originally posted by Kylaaab

I distinctly remember there existing a parking space for community lots (White painted outline?) and being able to line them up next to each other to create parking. I checked community objects, I checked cars, I checked buydebug, but it's just.. gone. What happened to it? Did this even exist in the first place?

Do you have UL installed? I think that is the EP it comes from.

=======

I have a question now. What happened to the game guides and some of the other useful information about TS3 over at SimsVIP? Nevermind, I guess. Maybe the main link just is not working or something.
Site Helper
#7824 Old 17th Aug 2018 at 4:37 AM
There is a floor tile set that I've had forever which is in the Miscellaneous section. It doesn't exactly advertise that you can use it for parking spaces, but it's black with a white line and comes with intersection and corner pieces. I forgot the name of it, but I think it was something like "bordered tile." If you rotate it to make the sides, and use the intersection and corner pieces in the right spots, you can make white lined parking spaces with it.

(And pose packs are also good for freezing one or more sims in place while leaving free will on. Just remember to either freeze motives as well or to pay attention so they don't starve while frozen. )

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
#7825 Old 17th Aug 2018 at 7:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kylaaab

Are you sure that you're not remembering this old TS2 mod?
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=330492
Page 313 of 385