Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Creator Theme: Space! - posted on 8th Jul 2018 at 6:02 PM
Replies: 7836 (Who?), Viewed: 700818 times.
Page 314 of 314
Lab Assistant
#7826 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 6:14 PM
Is there any way to check the lot size in S3PE when you open the library package file? I feel the info should be stored in some resource in there but didn't have luck so far finding it.
Forum Resident
#7827 Old 17th Jul 2018 at 4:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
An 18-year-old would be considered an adult anyway. Unless you mind height difference, why not have YA in relationship with adult?

Well she's a character from something else and she's 18, so teenager. Plus I like the idea of this character being a high school student.
Top Secret Researcher
#7828 Old 17th Jul 2018 at 5:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by igazor
Sims do not get stuck while they are hibernating. They get stuck when they instantiate, that is come out of hibernation because it is time for them to be someplace or the game is calling for them to do so, in an unfortunate spot. Overwatch stuck report on, stuck auto-reset off, can help us find the exact spot that is causing the problem, but sounds like that's what attuned is already doing (or something equivalent).

Okay, that makes sense. Yes- Overwatch stuck report on, auto-reset off: the only way to test a world. Thanks igazor.

Sorry Don, no picture, but I will try to get one next time. Thanks.

Need help building? Mentoring for Builders: Click Here

Looking for an amazing new Sci-Fi world? Visit SATURENORN
Theorist
#7829 Old 17th Jul 2018 at 7:20 AM
Are MissyHissy career mods compatible with 1.67 patch? I have NRAAS career mod.

Sometimes I think it's a sin,when I feel like I'm winning when I'm losing again ~ Gordon Lightfoot~
Alchemist
#7830 Old 17th Jul 2018 at 2:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by attuned
Okay, that makes sense. Yes- Overwatch stuck report on, auto-reset off: the only way to test a world. Thanks igazor.

Sorry Don, no picture, but I will try to get one next time. Thanks.

If all else fails and you keep getting into in some kind of instantiate-sim gets stuck-you reset-happens again kind of loop and it doesn't make sense to rearrange the residential lot just to avoid this, you could try playing with the lot MC > Opened just to see what happens. That should keep the sims who live there animated all of the time, so there will be no hibernation. If you do that on enough inactive lots at the same time though, there will likely be a performance hit and inactive lots tend to close themselves back up again the next time the game is loaded, so it's really more of an experiment than a long-term solution.

The NRaas HomeOpener mod automagically opens all inactive residential lots for you and keeps them that way. But interesting though that can be to fool around with, for most worlds unless they have very few inactive households the performance hit will be intolerable.
Alchemist
#7831 Old 17th Jul 2018 at 2:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargoyle Cat
Are MissyHissy career mods compatible with 1.67 patch? I have NRAAS career mod.

As far as we are aware, all of Missy's custom careers work fine with the current version of the NRaas Careers mod on patches 1.67 and 1.69. She mentions 1.69 specifically on her home page, but there are never any patch version issues between 1.66/67/69 as the game files are exactly the same for all three patch levels except for their internal build numbers -- this only bothers Core Mods and that wouldn't relevant for custom careers.
Theorist
#7832 Old 17th Jul 2018 at 2:56 PM Last edited by Gargoyle Cat : 17th Jul 2018 at 6:57 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by igazor
As far as we are aware, all of Missy's custom careers work fine with the current version of the NRaas Careers mod on patches 1.67 and 1.69. She mentions 1.69 specifically on her home page, but there are never any patch version issues between 1.66/67/69 as the game files are exactly the same for all three patch levels except for their internal build numbers -- this only bothers Core Mods and that wouldn't relevant for custom careers.

Thanks

EDIT: My game started crashing post install. I don't know which career or careers was causing the problem. I wasn't in the mood to use the 50/50 method to figure it out, so I uninstalled all of the ones I downloaded. My game has since stopped freakin' out.

Sometimes I think it's a sin,when I feel like I'm winning when I'm losing again ~ Gordon Lightfoot~
Test Subject
#7833 Old Yesterday at 12:33 PM
How can I make sims stop wearing these weird career outfits? I know I can just add a second outfit. But is there another solution?
Theorist
#7834 Old Yesterday at 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SayLegendary
How can I make sims stop wearing these weird career outfits? I know I can just add a second outfit. But is there another solution?

Are they wearing them at random or do you want to just change their career outfit? If it's the later, I open CAS, the change outfit and they're fine after that. I haven't seem sims get dressed for work if they're not going.

Test Subject
#7835 Old Yesterday at 1:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargoyle Cat
Are they wearing them at random or do you want to just change their career outfit? If it's the later, I open CAS, the change outfit and they're fine after that. I haven't seem sims get dressed for work if they're not going.

Well, they used to have some set normal outfit for every job position. Now they wear something crazy, and the outfit doesn't change even after promotion. So I want to know if there's a way to make them wear those set normal clothes instead
Field Researcher
#7836 Old Today at 1:59 PM
When I click to save a color preset of a clothing piece or a furniture item, where will that color preset be saved in the documents folder? Like sims saved in bin go to savedsims folder, but where do clothes/object colors go?
Lab Assistant
#7837 Old Today at 2:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chokolady
When I click to save a color preset of a clothing piece or a furniture item, where will that color preset be saved in the documents folder? Like sims saved in bin go to savedsims folder, but where do clothes/object colors go?

They go into the UserPresets package, along with all the patterns you save into Favourites, they aren't separate files like the saved sims.
Page 314 of 314